Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where/How are you watching the new series?

Thanks for the gold. 0.029850746268657 3.0% [ 2 ]
Hulu 0.17910447761194 17.9% [ 12 ]
Hulu plus 0.14925373134328 14.9% [ 10 ]
CrunchyRoll 0.22388059701493 22.4% [ 15 ]
Neon Alley 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Youtube (LOL WUT) 0.059701492537313 6.0% [ 4 ]
Waiting for the DVD 0.014925373134328 1.5% [ 1 ]
Other 0.26865671641791 26.9% [ 18 ]
I don't care 0.059701492537313 6.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]

Tipsy Lunatic

I have a teribble memory, so I can barely remember anything, but I do remember watching Sailor Moon as a kid. My sister and I wouldnt miss a single one on the TV. Never had any of the stuff or manga, unfortunately sad

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
"Forgive me Sasuke
I was a youngin when I watched it, but can you refresh my memory what the whole story line was? I just remeber her turning into something and that Rose Guy who I think Sailor Moon marriesUser Image
...Again, next time."

Magical Bibliophile

12,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
=
yeah. I still have a salior moon sooundtrack that my parents bought me years ago! XD and three of the reading books.

I have two plushies (Moon and Venus), The Sailor V action figure and playset, A sticker book, most of the light novels, two single issue MIXX comic editions, and the whole manga collection. Never did get the soundtrack as they weren't ever legit. I also had a T-shirt but my mom bleached it and made it into cleaning rags. I was so mad at her but she told to me shut up and clean the bathroom. crying I still carry a little grudge about that.
there were actually at least a couple Sailor Moon soundtracks that were released legit in the US. the only thing is they feature stuff from the dub version for the most part. an ex-friend of mine got two of them, and somehow I wound up with the second one she got (never bothered to get it back to her, we split on bad terms and she still had a few things of mine PLUS she went stalker on me so I didn't want to interact with her). I lucked out, the one she somehow managed to leave at my place was the one that included two of the Japanese songs (the Japanese opening and Ai no Senshi).

Melodious Victory

10,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
That's good news, don't know if I'll buy much of it except Sailor V as it's one of the only things I don't own already in english.

Fashionable Genius

I love Sailormoon! I've been a fan for almost 14 years now! I remember when I was first introduced to it. And that was it! I fell in love. It's my favorite magical series and always will be. Sailor Chibimoon is my favorite senshi and has been for the past 12 years (Mercury was my first XD) now. Most people don't like her, but I love her. I collect as many Sailormoon dolls as possible (from Japan mint in their boxes and never removed from them..lmao). I also collect the Japanese cards, keychains, and other nick-nacs. I've not collected in few years though because of money issues, so I miss it quite a bit. Once you start collecting, you CAN'T stop! x__x; It's insane! I also collect stuff from other magical girl series as well, but Sailormoon is my main one as it is my favorite.

5,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Miss-dark8607
Thank you ANN

Yeah I'm probably the last to find out which is rare when it comes to this subject but OMFG YES! Hopefully this means the anime isn't too far out of reach either. I can't tell you how happy this makes me as a person. Like I don't have kids yet but when I do I will probably allow them to read this. Sailor Moon is a childhood gem for me and its great that Kodansha is re-releasing this classic series again AND with Code name Sailor V!

Why is this important and who cares?
Sailor Moon was one of the 90's anime series that broke records worldwide and probably why sites like Gaia even exist! It made the magical girl genre popular and as you can tell one of those "old people" series that us old people can't shut up about. I know for years and years many Sailor moon topics have floated around Gaia.

Why is this important to me?
I grew up in the 90s and other than Narnia and Little Women I would have to say this is one of the top five things that made me as I am. Sailor Moon had a heavy influence on me as a child an influence that is still felt to this day. Also, like most people who spent their first babysitting check on this series at B&N. (Ah memories) My collection has suffered quite a bit. Some of my volumes were demanded in a flood, some of the pages are coming loose, but for the most part it has held up over the years. Still would be nice to replace the set. wink

Need more info: Sailor Moon from ANN

Let's discuss:
The return of Sailor Moon
Fave characters
Best story-lines
Your SM memories
Fave pairings
And More!

News thus far:

Here's one of the English cover arts. (Not final mind you but its okay)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm really hoping that the anime series gets an a total revamp. I think it would look really nice in CGI and of course in HD. Given that sadly the anime didn't follow the manga as it should as I am one of those fans that favor the manga way more than the anime series. Though I didn't love some of those silly monsters of the week like the the drum one and the tea host turned stripper one. OMG! The anime wasn't that bad as it had it's moments!

not really old ppl i'm barely in my teens n i remember it but i hope they dnt keep making them really complicated anime that jst keeps getting more n more complicated gets completely ruined like pokemon , yu gi oh , digimon , etc but really glad that sailer moon is back
Hallelujah! I remember watching Sailor Moon as a kid.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sailor Venus is my favorite.

I only liked the anime, though.

Dangerous Visionary

Ciri z Cintry
Finally some good news from Japan : )

Indeed. I just hope people really support it though. I hope it doesn't end up the number one pirated manga of all time. neutral As I do believe the fate of NA manga companies is probably riding on this release.

Dangerous Visionary

khandirain
Sailor Moon was one of my first anime. I remember watching it and trying not to miss an episode. I have all of them in Japanese with English subtitles because some of the episodes were not aired in America. I am old enough to remember Voltron and the original Transformers so I know what you mean.

Yes, I sadly got some bootlegs from an anime-con my cousins went too and they didn't know the difference but I also have legit copies. LOL yeah OLD PEOPLE UNITE! It's Moonie time!

Seeker

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The series was one of the first animes I got into. It's nice that the manga is getting a re-release so I can add it to my collection of manga.

Dangerous Visionary

Devourer of Cupcakes
Sailor Moon was my first manga, I was 12 and it really me develop a love for reading. So needless to say Sailor Moon changed my life, soo crony. But anyways, I really like the name Bunny and don't the issue with using it. I also have all the mangas, some movies and tv episodes in VHS, a Super Sailor Moon alarm clock, and a poster of the original manga characters (not how they look on the tv)! I got it at the Otakon Convention last year and I'm about to have it framed. >////< I love Sailor Moon!

I just want to ask if anyone else got the feeling that Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Pluto (from the future) had feelings for each other. I always get this feeling whenever I read or watch that part.

YAY! Welcome fellow Moonie. Yeah I remember being on the mailing list and trying to collect all the trading cards but my Granny told me to STOP WASTING MY MONEY AND SAVE IT FOR SCHOOL! rolleyes So I did and I regret it. Yes, as stated in the first post Sailor Moon changed my life as well. It made me a bit outspoken and truer too.

Dangerous Visionary

Ryeuken V2
I was an anime-virgin before this show.
It was a stepping stone which I did (not) stumble over before crashing into more.
I love it.
I hope that they indeed do re-release and re-create, though not change, the series.
As previously stated, I'd love to see the CG and HD effects on this older show.
It would be awesome.
I'd buy it, with my chin held high as I marched up to the counter and stare the cash register lady right in the eye (because i'm a girl and I think this story would have more umph if it was a chick too), and say:
"Hey. I love this show. I've got tiger blood. So, here's my money. I don't need change."

{On another note, I have some Japanese sub'd casette's of this series. Baller.}

Tipped! See here folks this is how you WIN! I would like Fundi to redub the classic or even just STARS! However, I still think would be super awesome if they just whole series and make it follow the manga as there's just some scenes that would look AMAZING animated. Like when Sailor V goes to Sailor Mars school!

Dangerous Visionary

Mysteria-Saria
I have a teribble memory, so I can barely remember anything, but I do remember watching Sailor Moon as a kid. My sister and I wouldnt miss a single one on the TV. Never had any of the stuff or manga, unfortunately sad

Sure I can do that and I'll use WIKI so this doesn't turn into a Novel. rofl
Quote:

The protagonist of Sailor Moon, Usagi Tsukino, an ordinary ditzy middle-school girl—or so she thinks—discovers a talking cat named Luna, who reveals Usagi's identity as "Sailor Moon," a special warrior with the destiny of saving the planet Earth, and later the entire galaxy. Usagi must now find the moon princess and protect Earth from a series of villains, beginning with the Dark Kingdom that had appeared once before, long ago, and destroyed the kingdom of the moon.

The characters in Sailor Moon awaken members of the court of the kingdom of the moon, and the people dedicated to protecting it; when the dark nemesis attacked the kingdom, the Queen sent the Moon Princess, her guardians and advisors, and her true love into the future to be reborn. As Usagi and Luna battle evil and search for the Moon Princess, they meet the other Sailor Senshi, incarnations of the Moon Princess' protectors, and the mysterious Tuxedo Mask.

As the series progresses, Usagi and her friends learn more and more about the enemies they face and the evil force that directs them. The characters' pasts are mysterious and hidden even to them, and much of the early series is devoted to discovering their true identities and pasts. Luna, who teaches and guides the Sailor Senshi, doesn't know everything about their histories either, and the Senshi eventually learn that Usagi is the real Moon Princess. The Moon Princess' mother had her reborn as a Sailor Senshi to protect her. Gradually Usagi discovers the truth about her own past life, her destined true love, and the possibilities for the future of the Solar System.

The plot spans five major story arcs, each of them represented in both the manga and anime, usually under different names:

1. the Dark Kingdom arc (Sailor Moon)
2. the Black Moon arc (Sailor Moon R)
3. the Mugen/Infinity arc (Sailor Moon S)
4. the Dream arc (Sailor Moon SuperS)
5. the Stars arc (Sailor Moon Sailor Stars)

The anime added an additional minor arc at the start of the second series, and spent the first few episodes of Sailor Stars wrapping up the plot from the previous series. Taking place before the manga timeline, its sister series Codename: Sailor V tells the story of Sailor V, Minako Aino and her adventures during the year before Sailor Moon itself starts. Many characters from Codename: Sailor V return in Sailor Moon, including Sailor V herself (under the name "Sailor Venus" wink .

So in a nutshell: It's like Powerpuff Girls only with sailor suit and short skirts, magic, and a whole lot of romance, drama, and a** kicking.

Dangerous Visionary

Mugetsu Ookamiza
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
=
yeah. I still have a salior moon sooundtrack that my parents bought me years ago! XD and three of the reading books.

I have two plushies (Moon and Venus), The Sailor V action figure and playset, A sticker book, most of the light novels, two single issue MIXX comic editions, and the whole manga collection. Never did get the soundtrack as they weren't ever legit. I also had a T-shirt but my mom bleached it and made it into cleaning rags. I was so mad at her but she told to me shut up and clean the bathroom. crying I still carry a little grudge about that.
there were actually at least a couple Sailor Moon soundtracks that were released legit in the US. the only thing is they feature stuff from the dub version for the most part. an ex-friend of mine got two of them, and somehow I wound up with the second one she got (never bothered to get it back to her, we split on bad terms and she still had a few things of mine PLUS she went stalker on me so I didn't want to interact with her). I lucked out, the one she somehow managed to leave at my place was the one that included two of the Japanese songs (the Japanese opening and Ai no Senshi).

That's cool. I never knew they had English OST and I don't mind the English songs since at the time we were just used to it. I mean come on, Rock the Dragon ring any bells? Plus, the generic 90's "action guitar riff solo" that sadly no one on youtube have made fun of....yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff