Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where/How are you watching the new series?

Thanks for the gold. 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 8 ]
Hulu 0.15131578947368 15.1% [ 23 ]
Hulu plus 0.14473684210526 14.5% [ 22 ]
CrunchyRoll 0.25657894736842 25.7% [ 39 ]
Neon Alley 0.032894736842105 3.3% [ 5 ]
Youtube (LOL WUT) 0.039473684210526 3.9% [ 6 ]
Waiting for the DVD 0.026315789473684 2.6% [ 4 ]
Other 0.24342105263158 24.3% [ 37 ]
I don't care 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 152 ]

6,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ghost Tamer
ninja I'm actually secretly hoping all of the tech and scenery is updated to current times. I know it's not the popular opinion, but it's just.. This weird want I have for the new redo. Like, did you ever see the original Cutie Honey and then the Re: Cutie Honey remake? It'd be kinda like that as far as tech upgrades go.

Current times would definitely make it more open to different scenarios and all that. I'm not fussed either way. Though I would not be impressed if they change the Sailor Scouts. Like say Sailor Mini Moon with new scouts to replace the old. But I'm hoping it isnt that sweatdrop

I didn't know that about Cutie Honey but like I said, Im not so fussed xp

Dedicated Dabbler

Mystique Ranchan
Ghost Tamer
ninja I'm actually secretly hoping all of the tech and scenery is updated to current times. I know it's not the popular opinion, but it's just.. This weird want I have for the new redo. Like, did you ever see the original Cutie Honey and then the Re: Cutie Honey remake? It'd be kinda like that as far as tech upgrades go.

Current times would definitely make it more open to different scenarios and all that. I'm not fussed either way. Though I would not be impressed if they change the Sailor Scouts. Like say Sailor Mini Moon with new scouts to replace the old. But I'm hoping it isnt that sweatdrop

Who's to say the tech updates and what have you can't be done. In the hands of a skillful team, that can be a viable adaptation and still faithful to the source material. Mind you, it would have to be a skilled team doing so. Otherwise, it HAS to be clear what time period it's taking place in.

As for following Chibimoon's team, that should be a side movie or mini-series all on its own after things are established with this current series.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'll be hoping for a blend of old and new, so it's open to a new generation of fans while still faithful to what we grew up on. And hopefully, plenty of nods to all the iterations hidden as Easter Eggs, so someone looking closely can feel all awesome for recognizing the reference and what iteration of the franchise it's from.

Angelic Warrior

20,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
They better release new Saturn merch. when the new series launches. There is hardly any merch of her, and if there is, it's freakin expensive as %^$%$

I made a Saturn profile if you want to check it out ^___^ I need to add it to my freebie profile themes on my tumblr yet >.>

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I kind of want some Pluto stuff. Seeing as how Pluto isn't a planet anymore.((Which is completely retarded...))

Paladin

BlueRockman
Mystique Ranchan
Ghost Tamer

Who's to say the tech updates and what have you can't be done. In the hands of a skillful team, that can be a viable adaptation and still faithful to the source material. Mind you, it would have to be a skilled team doing so. Otherwise, it HAS to be clear what time period it's taking place in.

As for following Chibimoon's team, that should be a side movie or mini-series all on its own after things are established with this current series.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'll be hoping for a blend of old and new, so it's open to a new generation of fans while still faithful to what we grew up on. And hopefully, plenty of nods to all the iterations hidden as Easter Eggs, so someone looking closely can feel all awesome for recognizing the reference and what iteration of the franchise it's from.

Actually, I'm in agreement on this thought. ^_^

Paladin

Lady Cressida
They better release new Saturn merch. when the new series launches. There is hardly any merch of her, and if there is, it's freakin expensive as %^$%$

I made a Saturn profile if you want to check it out ^___^ I need to add it to my freebie profile themes on my tumblr yet >.>

Yes. The lack of Sailor Saturn merch frustrated me. xp

Shadowy Lover

Ghost Tamer
User Image
It would be funny, if everyone knows how to use computer (like the way people do know) and Usagi's knowledge of computers only extends to knowing how to use Twitter. Of course, Ami-chan would still be the tech-savvy one in the group.

Dedicated Dabbler

yellow lilly
Ghost Tamer
User Image
It would be funny, if everyone knows how to use computer (like the way people do know) and Usagi's knowledge of computers only extends to knowing how to use Twitter. Of course, Ami-chan would still be the tech-savvy one in the group.

You mean like when Ken taught Ryu how to use an IM program in the Street Fighter Comics?

At least Ami is unlikely to troll Usagi via screen name. razz

Magical Rogue

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
yellow lilly
User Image

rofl That would be absolutely priceless. Usagi's twitter would be 90% about food. 10% handsome guys. It'd be so funny to see her #tags.

Shadowy Lover

Ghost Tamer
yellow lilly
User Image

rofl That would be absolutely priceless. Usagi's twitter would be 90% about food. 10% handsome guys. It'd be so funny to see her #tags.
User Image #tired

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
if they DID do the technological update, it would be a kind of reference to the live action Sailor Moon series. And while that was cheesy, it was still quite good.

Romantic Raider

I'd just like a little more background on the Shitennou. As you can see, I'm hoping the new manga brings more clarity as to their various relationships. I really don't care if my father is gay, as long as it can be made clear in the manga.

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Emily Victoria Kunzite
I'd just like a little more background on the Shitennou. As you can see, I'm hoping the new manga brings more clarity as to their various relationships. I really don't care if my father is gay, as long as it can be made clear in the manga.
i prefer the alluded to explaination that each shitennou got paired with an inner senshi: Kunzite with Venus, Zoisite with Mercury, Jadeite with Mars, and Nephrite with Jupiter. At least, that is how I think the pairings were. Definitely the Venus with Kunzite pairing though.

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Lady Cressida

They've released a wall scroll (which I have), a cell phone charm (which I want), and a wallet...

Other than that, not much Saturn merchandise. They need MOAR. scream

6,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bitter Ambrosia
if they DID do the technological update, it would be a kind of reference to the live action Sailor Moon series. And while that was cheesy, it was still quite good.

I actually found the live action series quite disappointing. It dod look cheesy but I never really got hooked onto it. It's probably the only thing in the Sailor Moon world that I actually disliked. I don't know, I never found live actions movies and series derived from anime much good sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff