Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where/How are you watching the new series?

Thanks for the gold. 0.04 4.0% [ 3 ]
Hulu 0.17333333333333 17.3% [ 13 ]
Hulu plus 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 10 ]
CrunchyRoll 0.22666666666667 22.7% [ 17 ]
Neon Alley 0.013333333333333 1.3% [ 1 ]
Youtube (LOL WUT) 0.053333333333333 5.3% [ 4 ]
Waiting for the DVD 0.013333333333333 1.3% [ 1 ]
Other 0.29333333333333 29.3% [ 22 ]
I don't care 0.053333333333333 5.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]

Aged Hoarder

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
First post on page 100 too! cool
If only I could afford to, I would...

Sailor Moon was the series that got me interested in anime/manga to begin with.

Aged Hoarder

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Acacia Thorne

It was basically my first anime too..I know I saw other anime shows before that like Speed Racer, Voltron, etc...but that was when I didn't know what anime was. I started to learn with Sailor Moon. xp

Dangerous Explorer

Ah, now I remember what I have forgotten! Damn college for making me so tired...
Well, better start hunting in the weekend.

Loyal Kitten

Well, I couldn't wait for my size of Sailor Moon tee-shirt to come in the mail so I just went to Hot Topic to get one...the size they had fit, but I wouldn't be able to wear anything under it. (It's majorly see-thru)

Anyway, I'm going to, ah...modify it a bit. I'm thinking red lace up the sides, corset-like. wink

I'll have to post pics when I'm done!

heart

Like this! (But of course with the image of Sailor Moon holding the moon rod. smile )

User Image
iBarty
Acacia Thorne

It was basically my first anime too..I know I saw other anime shows before that like Speed Racer, Voltron, etc...but that was when I didn't know what anime was. I started to learn with Sailor Moon. xp

Yup, same here. And I remember dragonball Z was on TV at the same time but that one just made me go WTF... only boys would like that.

Dangerous Visionary

Acacia Thorne

You better start sofa driving, saving cans/bottles, and get some change! It's really cheap on Amazon like 7 bucks. Hurry up and buy this series. emotion_brofist

Dangerous Visionary

Admiral Forte
Ah, now I remember what I have forgotten! Damn college for making me so tired...
Well, better start hunting in the weekend.

How dare you forget. Bad fellow Moonies bad! You better moon dust college as its clearly working with the Dark moon kingdom. Totally killing your innocent dreams. emotion_awesome

Dangerous Visionary

El Psy Congroo
Miss-dark8607
emotion_0A0 Wut? Save your monies for Sailor moon and the gang.

I will.
But but but but Uzumaki was so...good. emotion_kirakira

Okay then good.

Dangerous Visionary

iBarty
Though, I suppose everyone could be reading their manga or watching the anime for nostalgia.

Indeed. I have been watching the whole series in English. cat_gonk Because I have issues. Although as cheesy and bad as it was I can see why I feel in love with it as is. I also been talking to fans around the world on other sites. It's odd only in America and of course Israel (with some content) did people change sex and were Sailor Neptune/Sailor Uranus were changed into cousins. That's probably why we are having the most issues with getting the series back.

Aged Hoarder

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Miss-dark8607
iBarty
Though, I suppose everyone could be reading their manga or watching the anime for nostalgia.

Indeed. I have been watching the whole series in English. cat_gonk Because I have issues. Although as cheesy and bad as it was I can see why I feel in love with it as is. I also been talking to fans around the world on other sites. It's odd only in America and of course Israel (with some content) did people change sex and were Sailor Neptune/Sailor Uranus were changed into cousins. That's probably why we are having the most issues with getting the series back.

I hope that we can eventually get it back..and if we did, I would probably buy it on DVD even though I already have it all. It's kind of the same with the manga though (except I don't have it all, but I'm close).

Dangerous Visionary

iBarty
Miss-dark8607
iBarty

I hope that we can eventually get it back..and if we did, I would probably buy it on DVD even though I already have it all. It's kind of the same with the manga though (except I don't have it all, but I'm close).

Well that's why I would rather a revamp. Though just getting them license again would be cool.

Shy Gekko

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Miss-dark8607
iBarty

Isn't the reason why Sailor moon isn't on air in the US because Toei refused to renew the show for the US? Idk that's what I read. -shrugs- I don't think it has to do with the Zoicite/Kunzite Neptune/Uranus issue.

Dangerous Visionary

Untrodden
Miss-dark8607
iBarty

Isn't the reason why Sailor moon isn't on air in the US because Toei refused to renew the show for the US? Idk that's what I read. -shrugs- I don't think it has to do with the Zoicite/Kunzite Neptune/Uranus issue.

Yes Toei is a problem but its also how past companies butcher it as well. (See those videos I posted) Naoko Takeuchi wasn't happy with all the changes here in the states herself but she also had serious issue with how Toei changed things that she herself wasn't allowed to do in the story either. I remember reading in her author notes how she really wish she had spoke up more but she feels that anime and manga are two different mediums after all.

Shy Gekko

6,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Miss-dark8607
Untrodden
Miss-dark8607
iBarty

Yes Toei is a problem but its also how past companies butcher it as well. (See those videos I posted) Naoko Takeuchi wasn't happy with all the changes here in the states herself but she also had serious issue with how Toei changed things that she herself wasn't allowed to do in the story either. I remember reading in her author notes how she really wish she had spoke up more but she feels that anime and manga are two different mediums after all.

Mm I see. I knew that Takeuchi didn't like what Toei and Viz/Cloveway did the the the anime, but I also heard the Toei didn't like the changes in the american dubbed so they didn't renew the rights for SM in the US because of it. Maybe one day they'll redew the entire series and make it to actually follow the manga. if they can do it for FMA they can do it for SM. And Then they could get Viz or Funimation to dub it. As long as 4kids don't get a hold of it I'll be happy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff