Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where/How are you watching the new series?

Thanks for the gold. 0.04040404040404 4.0% [ 4 ]
Hulu 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 18 ]
Hulu plus 0.12121212121212 12.1% [ 12 ]
CrunchyRoll 0.24242424242424 24.2% [ 24 ]
Neon Alley 0.02020202020202 2.0% [ 2 ]
Youtube (LOL WUT) 0.050505050505051 5.1% [ 5 ]
Waiting for the DVD 0.03030303030303 3.0% [ 3 ]
Other 0.25252525252525 25.3% [ 25 ]
I don't care 0.060606060606061 6.1% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]

Dangerous Visionary

User Image

wahmbulance TL;DR: YES! It has recently been announced that a new Sailor Moon series entitled: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal will be streaming WORLDWIDE hosted by Niconico in many different subtitles coming this July! We know have just a peek at how the animation will be like, some characters have concept art, and more info has been released! heart While we wait for July to roll around we have two manga boxsets, an upcoming artbook, and much much more! So no need to make a repeat threads about Sailor Moon please come join us because we are all super friendly! wink wahmbulance

About this thread: This thread is for the manga, art books, musicals, the classic anime, the upcoming anime, and anything else related to the Sailor Moon universe. New and older fans are welcome. Please don't let this monster OP scare you off. Thank you and have enjoy!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Part I: Manga Release Dates and Anime Info!

North American manga release dates as of 1/25/14:

Wanna sneak peak of the covers? Click Here!

YAY! All 12 volumes of Sailor moon have been released! Get them individually or in special two boxset editions! Don't forget Codename Sailor V and the two Short Stories! Also look out for a new Sailor Moon artbook being produce by Kodasha sometime next year!

Sailor Moon 2014: Anime Series

SAILOR MOON IS BACK! An all anime series will be coming out sometime in summer 2014! In the meantime you can watch the Classic/Original series over at NeonAlley, crunchyroll or Hulu with new episodes streaming every Monday thanks to Viz Media. Congrats Moon mama Takeuchi your work continues to live on!

Part II: Sailor Moon News!
wahmbulance Be wary of false rumors! wahmbulance
There's a lot of heresy and stupid guessing going on about Sailor Moon but I'll do my best to provide update and creditable information when I can.

Current News updated: 8-25-14!:

The Current Sailor Moon crystal is now STREAMING!

arrow arrow arrow

OLD NEWS!

Viz Media has acquired the rights to EVERYTHING Sailor Moon anime related! This includes both the ORIGINAL Sailor Moon series and the upcoming 2014 Sailor Moon Crystal series. VIZ Media will premiere SAILOR MOON Episodes 1-4 (subbed) starting May 19, 2014 on its free NeonAlley.com anime streaming destination and also via the subscription-based Hulu Plus in High Definition. Two new SAILOR MOON episodes will premiere every Monday. (Sorry Funi you tried you tried)

The new anime will run on the first and third Saturdays every month, beginning July 5 at 7:00 p.m. (6:00 a.m. ET). It will have 26 episodes long and cover the Dark Kingdom arc of the manga. (The first Sailor Moon anime also aired on Saturdays at 7:00 p.m.)

The Japanese VA for the Inner senshi are as follows: Kotono Mitsuishi will be Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon again, Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury, Rina Satou as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars, Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter and Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus.

View the character design here: Sailor Moon Crystal cast and info

Please note that character design=/=final product. Also, 26 eps doesn't mean they will be no fillers or that Sailor Moon will only be one season long. It's possible that it will continue. So please keep calm and be a Sailor Warrior. emotion_dealwithit

The official 20th Anniversary Twitter account & Producer of Sailor Moon Crystal have revealed in tweets that in the special event on April 27th (which will be broadcast on NicoNico, as usual) the following info will be revealed:

- The cast of the new musical (which will be about the Black Moon arc)
- More animation staff
- !!! The voice cast for Sailor Moon Crystal !!!
- !!! Character designs/artwork for the main cast !!!

- More merch, cause Sailor Moon is a super Toyetic series
source

TY MayBunnii for keeping us in the loop.
arrow arrow Toei Animation uploaded an unlinked image to its official website for the upcoming Sailor Moon anime, and the image reveals the first key image, the title, and the synopsis for the new series. The image notes that Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal will premiere in July and will stream simultaneously worldwide on the Niconico website. Link: See the promo art here

NOTICE THIS IS PROMO ART WHICH WILL NOT REFLECT THE ACTUALLY ANIMATION AT ALL FOR A GOOD ANALYSIS CLICK HERE: TS Sailor Cronus awesome art vs animation analysis!

arrow THE ANIME WILL BE COMING OUT THIS YEAR! Streaming via NicoNico but no other details like VA's or even concept art have been released yet.
The upcoming all-new Sailor Moon anime will stream simultaneously worldwide starting July, 2014 and will be produced by Toei Animation! The new anime is part of Sailor Moon’s 20th anniversary project with the popular and talented girl group Momoiro Clover Z in charge of the theme song.

Niconico
-Release Details-
Release: Simultaneous Worldwide Stream on Niconico Douga
Start Date: July, 2014
Official Site: http://sailormoon-official.com/

-Staff-
Original Adaptation: Naoko Takeuchi
Director: Munehisa Sakai
Series Composition: Yuji Kobayashi
Animation Production: Toei Animation
Theme Song: Momoiro Clover Z

Be sure to keep an eye on the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Project official site for future updates!

In summary, the anime is coming out on July 5, 2014, we have many figurines and other merch to spend all our money on, the musicals are doing well in Japan, and the Sailor Moon fandom couldn't possibly be happier right?

Useful & reliable Sailor Moon news links:

Part III: Where to Buy Sailor Moon Products!

Sailor Moon goodies are everywhere! Check the following places:

Amazon, Ebay, Hot Topic, Gohasting, Circle Red

There's many other places like FYE, your local comic, anime, and/or used books stores to look for more Moonie merch. Kodansha also has a new app for the ipod and ipad so you can get digital copies of the manga that way as well. Also, it is very possible to get FREE copies of the manga at your public library so please check there before you go into pirate mode. If you are still confused just ask and we'll try to help you out on where to get the latest or retro stuff.

Part IV: Sailor Moon on Gaia!

Gaia has a lot of Sailor Moon fans and this isn't the only Sailor Moon place on here. There's lots of other fun and creative things happening so check it out!

Guilds:

Role Plays:

Guides:

Part V: Sailor Moon Community Connection!

Here's a nice little directory for everyone to check out more Moonie goodness outside of Gaia. So if you have a tumblr, DA, or something else related to Sailor Moon that you do want to share on ask and I'll probably add it. emotion_yatta

User Image

Special thanks to the following people!

Naoko Takeuchi for creating all this madness in the fist place!
Kodanasha, Toei, Bandai, and all the other companies that are keeping this series LOVELY!
Nikko Roseus for the pixel dolls as seen on this page!
Kawaisa Sailor Moon who helping me with this monster OP.
Sailor Donut & Sayuri-senpai for making our update banners. heart
My regulars! (They know who they are)
ALL of you that posted, liked, disliked, and/or supported this thread and the love of Sailor Moon. heart

BANNER TIME!

Please choose either one if you want to pass this thread and the love of Sailor Moon around Gaia! emotion_yatta

The good people over here:

Made this banner:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/7d4swgm][img]http://tinyurl.com/7xh3yge[/img][/url]

Our latest super cool Banner made by the awesome: Ms Applejack! Thank you Ms. Applejack and your postive photoshop styles!

[url=http://tinyurl.com/7d4swgm][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/16grjm.jpg[/img][/url]

A Thread by Any Other Name!

User Image

Forget the supermoon SAILOR MOON is back!
Sailor Moon is back! Party and casting idea(come on in)
The Supreme Sailor Moon Thread. (We have it all)
The Supreme Sailor Moon Thread! Join the MOONIE Revolution!
The Sailor Moon thread; posting is magic
My Little Sailor Moon thread posting is magic!
Happy 20th anniversary Sailor Moon the anime! Long Live Sailor Moon!
Love, Justice, & Moon Dust! Long Live Sailor Moon!
Love, Justice, & Moon Dust! Forever Sailor Moon!
Sailor Moon: Back in Action! All new anime series 2013!
AMC's Sailor Moon thread:Happy Birthday Sailor Mercury! 9/10
AMC's Sailor Moon thread: Sailor Saturn has awaken! (I'll use it again later)
AMC's Sailor Moon thread: Outer Senshi assemble!
All things SMU: So you think you can be a Sailor Senshi?
All things SMU: Sailor Senshi in the deep!
All things SMU: Having a Senshi Wonderland!
Sailor Moon 2013: Having our a Merry Winter
Sailor Moon 2013: Happy New Year Moonies!
Sailor Moon 2013: It's the Season of Love!
Sailor Moon 2013: Senshi history month
" " W/contests
Sailor Moon 2013: Spring on the Sailor Senshi!
Sailor Moon 2013: The senshi are on fire
Sailor Moon 2013: COMING WINTER 2013!? We'll see

Sailor Moon 2014:New Sailor Moon series is almost here!
2014's Sailor Moon Crystal! New Anime & promo art! YAY!
Sailor Moon Crystal! Hop in Moonies! OMG more anime news!?

Sailor Moon Crystal: Japanese VA and New art released YAY!
Sailor moon Crystal:All your bases belong to VIZ! XD

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Yea I heard that it was coming back. But I'm sad to say that I don't rememeber anything about Salior Moon. V.V

haha i'm editing this post after a year. xD when i posted this, i never thought the topic would be this big! Congrats Miss-dark8067!

Dangerous Visionary

Elizabeth BEW
Yea I heard that it was coming back. But I'm sad to say that I don't rememeber anything about Salior Moon. V.V

Tis okay! It's back come Sept! WOOOT! Let this be a lesson to check my tweets more.

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW

Tis okay! It's back come Sept! WOOOT! Let this be a lesson to check my tweets more.

XD Is it being redubbed or is it just the stuff they showed years ago? I just heard that they were bringing it back from a friend of mine.

Dangerous Visionary

Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW

XD Is it being redubbed or is it just the stuff they showed years ago? I just heard that they were bringing it back from a friend of mine.

The manga is coming back along with Code name Sailor V. I can only hope and pray that they are just remaking the whole anime all over again as yeah I don't think it can edited like DBZ: Kai is. Or hell maybe fundi is just redubbing it and that would be okay as well. As at least I can finally watch it in English trying too hard to keep my rose tinted glasses on... neutral

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW

The manga is coming back along with Code name Sailor V. I can only hope and pray that they are just remaking the whole anime all over again as yeah I don't think it can edited like DBZ: Kai is. Or hell maybe fundi is just redubbing it and that would be okay as well. As at least I can finally watch it in English trying too hard to keep my rose tinted glasses on... neutral

ooooohhhhhhhhhh. I hope the voices match. Unlike One piece. When they changed theor voices I was done.

Dangerous Visionary

Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW

ooooohhhhhhhhhh. I hope the voices match. Unlike One piece. When they changed theor voices I was done.

Well One Piece had two different NA dubbing companies first it was 4kids and then Fundi I guess. I dunno not a One Piece fan myself.
Seriously bringing back sailormoon? Wow.. well favorite character would have to be tuxedo mask razz

Dangerous Visionary

Rei of the Worens
Seriously bringing back sailormoon? Wow.. well favorite character would have to be tuxedo mask razz

Yes it's not a hoax at all. This is for real this time. Even have the cover art for it:

My favorite characters would be Sailor V herself, Sailor Pluto, and of course Sailor Moon as well! Still want to find a guy like Tuxedo Mask. He was so awesome in the manga.

Loyal Bibliophile

12,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
seriously, when Kodansha announced they wanted to directly distribute some of their titles in North America themselves this was obviously going to be among their first releases. it was only logical. it's so iconic even now it's still has the potential to be a major cash cow.

now if only Toei will stop their dog in the manger act and allow FUNimation to license all of the anime and give it a proper unedited dub, THAT would be big news, and less expected than this announcement about the manga.

Dangerous Visionary

Mugetsu Ookamiza
seriously, when Kodansha announced they wanted to directly distribute some of their titles in North America themselves this was obviously going to be among their first releases. it was only logical. it's so iconic even now it's still has the potential to be a major cash cow.

now if only Toei will stop their dog in the manger act and allow FUNimation to license all of the anime and give it a proper unedited dub, THAT would be big news, and less expected than this announcement about the manga.

Actually, I am really, really hoping that despite the recent events that happen in Japan. That maybe just maybe Toei will just redo the whole anime series that actually follows the manga! I know it isn't likely but OMG that would just be the greatest thing to happen in the world of anime bar none. I mean it's not they can pull a DBZ kai here as it clearly didn't follow the manga to a T and it's not the filler that dates the series it's the format it took.

Still I would be happy if they redubbed the classic series too. I think maybe Toei will wait to see how well the manga sells in the NA market.

Liberal Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO LIKE SAILOR MOON
YOU GUYS SHOULD MEET ONE OF MY FRIENDS: NAME'S LINDSEY
AND SHE IS TOTALY OBSESSED WITH SAILOR MOON, VAMPIRES, AND WERE ANIMALS dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama
yes!! it's back!!

Dangerous Visionary

Viteni
TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO LIKE SAILOR MOON
YOU GUYS SHOULD MEET ONE OF MY FRIENDS: NAME'S LINDSEY
AND SHE IS TOTALY OBSESSED WITH SAILOR MOON, VAMPIRES, AND WERE ANIMALS dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

Friend Chat

This thread is for Sailor Moon lovers. If your friend would like to join us that's fine but this isn't for hooking up. Thank you. 3nodding

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW
Miss-dark8607
Elizabeth BEW

Well One Piece had two different NA dubbing companies first it was 4kids and then Fundi I guess. I dunno not a One Piece fan myself.

yeah. I still have a salior moon sooundtrack that my parents bought me years ago! XD and three of the reading books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff