Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about the Sailor Moon Crystal teaser trailer!?

Thanks for the gold. 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 24 ]
ALL MY WANTS! 0.28787878787879 28.8% [ 76 ]
I cried! 0.09469696969697 9.5% [ 25 ]
I can't wait for the series to come out! 0.26515151515152 26.5% [ 70 ]
It could have been better! 0.071969696969697 7.2% [ 19 ]
Not what I expected 0.056818181818182 5.7% [ 15 ]
I'll wait for the full release 0.079545454545455 8.0% [ 21 ]
Other 0.026515151515152 2.7% [ 7 ]
I don't care 0.026515151515152 2.7% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 264 ]

Dangerous Visionary

SirRadChip
That's good news, don't know if I'll buy much of it except Sailor V as it's one of the only things I don't own already in english.

Yeah but how well is your original collection even holding up? Collector wise they shall be pretty valuable as the "failed 1st edition".

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Miss-dark8607
khandirain
Sailor Moon was one of my first anime. I remember watching it and trying not to miss an episode. I have all of them in Japanese with English subtitles because some of the episodes were not aired in America. I am old enough to remember Voltron and the original Transformers so I know what you mean.

Yes, I sadly got some bootlegs from an anime-con my cousins went too and they didn't know the difference but I also have legit copies. LOL yeah OLD PEOPLE UNITE! It's Moonie time!

I found all of the episodes on an anime website that has since shut down. I spent hours downloading from rapidshare. I just found out that Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were lesbians.

Dangerous Visionary

Elizabeth of York
I love Sailormoon! I've been a fan for almost 14 years now! I remember when I was first introduced to it. And that was it! I fell in love. It's my favorite magical series and always will be. Sailor Chibimoon is my favorite senshi and has been for the past 12 years (Mercury was my first XD) now. Most people don't like her, but I love her. I collect as many Sailormoon dolls as possible (from Japan mint in their boxes and never removed from them..lmao). I also collect the Japanese cards, keychains, and other nick-nacs. I've not collected in few years though because of money issues, so I miss it quite a bit. Once you start collecting, you CAN'T stop! x__x; It's insane! I also collect stuff from other magical girl series as well, but Sailormoon is my main one as it is my favorite.

*can't not count the years she has been an SM fan* I liked Chibimoon a lot better in the manga but then she had more background. Anyway I used to an SM account on Sailor moon and kept it up for many, many years but as they years went by I guess everyone forgot about it and I don't think it even exist anymore sadly. I was also on many, many Yahoo groups and geo-sites and web ring fandoms and... (Never mind I dated myself enough) Basically Sailor Moon and the Internet goes hand in hand with me LOL. Yes, sadly I made some really crappy fanfics (no slash) though I did like the continuity of the series but I think FF.net finally deleted it and its horrible butchering of the English langauge.

(I thought was so cool when I passed my first major ESL test that I wanted to become a writer. Thanks Internet for killing that dream ya evil dream stealers! )

Dangerous Visionary

khandirain
Miss-dark8607
khandirain
Sailor Moon was one of my first anime. I remember watching it and trying not to miss an episode. I have all of them in Japanese with English subtitles because some of the episodes were not aired in America. I am old enough to remember Voltron and the original Transformers so I know what you mean.

Yes, I sadly got some bootlegs from an anime-con my cousins went too and they didn't know the difference but I also have legit copies. LOL yeah OLD PEOPLE UNITE! It's Moonie time!

I found all of the episodes on an anime website that has since shut down. I spent hours downloading from rapidshare. I just found out that Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were lesbians.

LOL! Yes well hopefully one day you can actually buy the series in HD quality or something. It will be worth it trust me. wink Yeah everyone laughs at however Cloverway(?) handled that pairing. They just turned out to be gay cousins instead of just regular gay people. I watched all of Sailor Moon stars on youtube and I was hoping that maybe Hulu would be nice enough to stream it but no dice since Toei is still be a jerk to everyone. Oh well if the manga sells well maybe they will remove the stick from their butts. LOL!

Sparkly Kitten

Love Sailormoon! It was my second anime (Digimon being my first.) But Sailormoon is what got me into anime and the Japanese culture. Hope this is finally true.... biggrin

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I just learned about this two days ago from a friend and I'm SUPER DUPER EXCITED!
The Queen of Anime is coming back to reign over her people! And Codename Sailor V too! I actually found a scanlated version of Sailor V and downloaded it, but the quality's not that good so I haven't read it yet. *jumps up and down* So Happy

And with SM coming back as manga, and god knows all us moonies will be buying them up, plus our friends who we forced into it, which will most liking result in the anime returning! If they do decide to redub the anime, I kinda have mixed feelings about that. On one had, I did kinda get annoyed with some of the voices, plus the constant chaning of VAs. On the other, is it really ok just to forget about the work they had done all those years ago?

8,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
YES YES YES heart heart heart
Childhood memories, hello, welcome back heart
YES YES YES YESSSSSS! FINALLY THE US HAS COME TO ITS SENSES!! sailor moon is my life and soooul! I had (still do) the BIGGEST crush on Tuxedo Kamen! eee he mad my heart melt! heart i am seriously buying all the SM mangas and the shows and everything! OMG IM SOOO EXCITED!!

Dangerous Visionary

Coco the Grim Kitty
I just learned about this two days ago from a friend and I'm SUPER DUPER EXCITED!
The Queen of Anime is coming back to reign over her people! And Codename Sailor V too! I actually found a scanlated version of Sailor V and downloaded it, but the quality's not that good so I haven't read it yet. *jumps up and down* So Happy

And with SM coming back as manga, and god knows all us moonies will be buying them up, plus our friends who we forced into it, which will most liking result in the anime returning! If they do decide to redub the anime, I kinda have mixed feelings about that. On one had, I did kinda get annoyed with some of the voices, plus the constant chaning of VAs. On the other, is it really ok just to forget about the work they had done all those years ago?

I agree and I really hope that we do support this official and not a hoax release. Thanks for the super awesome reply. Makes me glad that so many people have kept interest over the years and are just as excited if not more than I for this release.

When I'm a little less tired I have to go back and reply to your anime point as well.

Dangerous Visionary

pAnDaBeAr25XD
YES YES YES YESSSSSS! FINALLY THE US HAS COME TO ITS SENSES!! sailor moon is my life and soooul! I had (still do) the BIGGEST crush on Tuxedo Kamen! eee he mad my heart melt! heart i am seriously buying all the SM mangas and the shows and everything! OMG IM SOOO EXCITED!!

Back off sister he's mine! evil Just playing (I think) sweatdrop Better be glad this isn't 1999 or a Yahoo geosite is all I'm saying as that comment years ago would have started a flame war between us... rofl I'll give you this as truce.

User Image
See all the ladies love him wink Gotta be the Tux.

Dangerous Visionary

Lady Tora
Love Sailormoon! It was my second anime (Digimon being my first.) But Sailormoon is what got me into anime and the Japanese culture. Hope this is finally true.... biggrin

Oh it's true! it's true! IT'S TRUE! Believe in this with all your heart and then go buy it at the store and another copy just to stare at it on your bookshelf! Heck I might buy three copies just because.
Okay, I am the last person to find out. I just found out today through a friend, who I didn't think would be the one to tell me.
I CRIED FOR FIVE MINUTES AFTER HEARING ABOUT THIS! Sailor Moon has been my obsession for the past 17 years! I LOVE Sailor Moon!

I wonder if Kodansha will keep the original Japanese names. Like instead of Bunny, use Usagi! Hope so.

Codename Sailor V is just the cherry topping the cake! I have wanted to read that manga so bad, and Sailor V/Venus/Minako Aino is my favorite character of the entire BSSM series! First time in English YAY!

Can't wait until the 13th of September!

Sparkly Kitten

Miss-dark8607

Oh it's true! it's true! IT'S TRUE! Believe in this with all your heart and then go buy it at the store and another copy just to stare at it on your bookshelf! Heck I might buy three copies just because.

LOL! If it'll help sales, hell yeah I'll rebuy! xd

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Reeny_T
Okay, I am the last person to find out. I just found out today through a friend, who I didn't think would be the one to tell me.
I CRIED FOR FIVE MINUTES AFTER HEARING ABOUT THIS! Sailor Moon has been my obsession for the past 17 years! I LOVE Sailor Moon!

I wonder if Kodansha will keep the original Japanese names. Like instead of Bunny, use Usagi! Hope so.

Codename Sailor V is just the cherry topping the cake! I have wanted to read that manga so bad, and Sailor V/Venus/Minako Aino is my favorite character of the entire BSSM series! First time in English YAY!

Can't wait until the 13th of September!

The Cixx/Tokyopop mangas kept the orignial names. Bunny was just her nickname. Usagi means "Rabbit of the Moon". (I have the Sailor Moon RPG guide that tells me this) Now I dont know kanji or anything, but I'm assuming that depending how the kanji is written "Usagi" could mean "rabbit/bunny" or "Rabbit of the Moon"

Blessed Fatcat

7,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
OMG *Squeal* >w<
Totally will buy. i never did get the chance to read it or own it and when I got older and wanted to buy it, prices where high(urgh!) now im sure everyone will get a chance to own it now. I waited 16 years and now Im going to buy the hell out of it.
now I feel like a little kid again.

Is the anime going to be done as well?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff