Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
in the late 90s and early 2000s people remember toonami in the USA (not sure about the rest of the world).

i just saw the live action movie produced in japan that i found by chance in 2014 and such. i remember the manga and anime being totally different after a point. what i found even more funny was it's as old or around as old as sailor moon is originally...

so this got me thinking... would anyone want to see a reboot of Rurouni Kenshin (like they are doing with sailor moon) in the manga art style and have it closer to the manga if not almost exact?

i know i would love that being a huge fan of samurais, geisha, and stuff like that. this anime's right up my ally.

Does anyone else feel the same or have any thoughts on this old anime?
Love it... Absolutely love it to death like ruroni Kenshin was the first anime I startd watching actually and one of my top three and that gave way to other greats like trigun (which is practically the same dank thing just with a different theme) and yu yu hakisho but I qctually snagged his last name for this Gaian >archimus_himura lol heart heart heart
Freya Bloodline
in the late 90s and early 2000s people remember toonami in the USA (not sure about the rest of the world).

i just saw the live action movie produced in japan that i found by chance in 2014 and such. i remember the manga and anime being totally different after a point. what i found even more funny was it's as old or around as old as sailor moon is originally...

so this got me thinking... would anyone want to see a reboot of Rurouni Kenshin (like they are doing with sailor moon) in the manga art style and have it closer to the manga if not almost exact?

i know i would love that being a huge fan of samurais, geisha, and stuff like that. this anime's right up my ally.

I love Rurouni Kenshin! Awesome anime series! I watch it on Toonami back then!

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
Archimus_himura
Love it... Absolutely love it to death like ruroni Kenshin was the first anime I startd watching actually and one of my top three and that gave way to other greats like trigun (which is practically the same dank thing just with a different theme) and yu yu hakisho but I qctually snagged his last name for this Gaian >archimus_himura lol heart heart heart

HuntikFan1017
Freya Bloodline

i did some digging and apparently they redid an arc or two in manga and in anime form the style's slightly different though. it was done as late as 2011 to 2014!

King Shapeshifter

HuntikFan1017
Freya Bloodline

it was my favorite when I was younger but my mom made.me stop watching it and I never got into the manga

Scompiglio's Wife

It's alright as a show. The ova films like better, but they're simply kind of there when the show sort of fell through, especially reflection, which had a completely different ending than the manga.

I wouldn't say it was the best show I watched, but I did enjoy what I have watched of it.
I'd love a reboot. Haven't watched the live action yet, although I hear it's exceptionally good compared to other live action adaptations *coughdragonballcough*
I recently did watch this anime and I think after the firt 30 episodes it's a rinse repeat process then after 50 episodes I gave up it got to tedious to watch the same things again.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
Inamatus Requiem
I recently did watch this anime and I think after the firt 30 episodes it's a rinse repeat process then after 50 episodes I gave up it got to tedious to watch the same things again.
the manga's a lot better than the anime. trust me.
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem

If you think I am travelling for an hour spending over 30 english pounds to buy 1 volume, you're quite wrong miss.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
Inamatus Requiem
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem

If you think I am travelling for an hour spending over 30 english pounds to buy 1 volume, you're quite wrong miss.
>.>; there are ways to see it online for free *coughs* just saying.
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem

You don't get that same sensation online that you do when reading a manga irl.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
Inamatus Requiem
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem
Freya Bloodline
Inamatus Requiem

You don't get that same sensation online that you do when reading a manga irl.
this is quite true sadly, but the alternative is better than nothing i suppose.

Eternal Seeker

14,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I named my username after Rurouni Kenshin and I have never changed it. That's how much I love this anime/manga. Plus Kenshin's too awesome!!!*oro* But I haven't had time to watch the live action movies. Will get around to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff