Welcome to Gaia! ::

Merry Traveler

Sometimes, I find myself looking back to older anime that I have watched before
it is fun to refresh the memory about the story and notice stuff I didn't
and it makes me wonder whether am I the only one?

the anime I have rewatched and can't seem to be bored of it
- Spirited Away (ghibli)
- Fantastic Children
- mahou shoujou Tai
(magical girl,but the art style more like ghibli's. It is interesting and the story's refreshing)

gaia_spoons have you find yourself drawn back to watch a certain anime?

Shirtless Explorer

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I often rewatch an episode or three of good old stuff. Depending on the mood, usually: (but not only):
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes, an epic in the real meaning of the word;
- Juuni Kokuki, a classic in its own right;
- Black Lagoon, what you'd get if John Woo and Quentin Tarantino had made an anime together;
- Natsume Yuujinchou, when I just need a peaceful moment.

ii_Weirdo_o's Senpai

Excitable Lunatic

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • PvP 200
I just rewatched Rurouni Kenshin and School Rumble. Theres a lot of old anime i caught myself rewatching for one reason or another but those two are the most recent.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Honestly, I rewatch a lot of older shows... I think Haruhi Suzumiya and Higurashi have had the most replay value for me.

Lunatic

Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Samurai Champloo, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Kikis delivery service.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

You all have a strange definition of "old."

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Maegil
I often rewatch an episode or three of good old stuff. Depending on the mood, usually: (but not only):
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes, an epic in the real meaning of the word;
- Juuni Kokuki, a classic in its own right;
- Black Lagoon, what you'd get if John Woo and Quentin Tarantino had made an anime together;
- Natsume Yuujinchou, when I just need a peaceful moment.
definitely agreeing with that list. especially Twelve Kingdoms/Juuni Kokuki.

I just got all hyped up to rewatch that recently myself since I finally got it on Blu-ray (my DVD copies are going to my nieces) and to my dismay I found the Blu-ray player was dirty enough it wasn't playing most disks and dad tossed out the laser lens cleaner and he rammed the canned air under the couch in such a way it emptied itself. not to mention when I did get one of the disks playing it looked like the protection used wasn't compatible with the last update the BD player got and when I tried to get it to update it didn't want to update. then googling I found out that some BD players of that brand have updating issues after a certain number of years and it IS an older one so it looks like until I get a new one (and who knows when that will be, with my practically nonexistent income and my dad's reluctance to spend money) I can't watch my lovely Twelve Kingdom BDs.

Shirtless Explorer

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
not to mention when I did get one of the disks playing it looked like the protection used wasn't compatible with the last update the BD player got and when I tried to get it to update it didn't want to update.

I feel your pain... Those bloody user-unfriendly protections are also one of the reasons paying customers sometimes prefer to play a pirated version of a game rather than use their legal one.

BTW, have you heard about Slysoft's Any DVD? If there were too something like that for BD, it would probably help you.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Maegil
Mugetsu Ookamiza
not to mention when I did get one of the disks playing it looked like the protection used wasn't compatible with the last update the BD player got and when I tried to get it to update it didn't want to update.

I feel your pain... Those bloody user-unfriendly protections are also one of the reasons paying customers sometimes prefer to play a pirated version of a game rather than use their legal one.

BTW, have you heard about Slysoft's Any DVD? If there were too something like that for BD, it would probably help you.
I don't remember if it was that but I used similar on one of my older laptops after I got a LE Jrock CD that included a DVD with music videos on it. altho something similar for BDs wouldn't help me in this case since I don't actually have a computer that can play them right now (we're thinking of eventually either getting the DVD-ROM replaced with one or getting an external, but until then, no go). I also don't have a gaming console that can play them either, as much as I'd like to (I was kind of putting off getting a PS3 or Xbox 360 until that ONE GAME that I KNEW I needed to have but was only for one of the two systems would come out and make me decide which one to go for, but alas Suikoden VI never got announced that never happened and just when I was going to finally save up for a secondhand PS3 I lost my job because corporate made them cut back staff even after getting rid of most of the people not pulling their weight).
well its not like i have actually restarted the whole thing but i've gone back n watched whole parts of one piece lol

Invisible Gaian

Dragon ball z as much crap as I do say about DBZ being bad I still enjoy it. I say Dragon ball z Kai is better but I have a place in my heart where I need to watch dragon ball z.

Tenchi Muyo! I love this show I always find myself wanting to rewatch these older episode's

Yu Yu Hakusho I'm so glad I got all four seasons on Dvd even though I wish I had them on bluray at the moment sweatdrop I'll never stop loving this show, its just to awesome in my opinion.From characters to art I'll never get over this show.

"Lucky Star" I love me some Lucky star, I love the art style to it and the English dub is well in my opinion perfect. Konata is my favourite character in the whole show.

"Spirited Away"
"Summer War's" (not too old but still)
"wolf children" (Not old but still rewatchable)
"Dragon ball z Movie dead zone"
"Soul Eater" (not too old but still)
"Toradora" (not too old but I still rewatched it once and I plan to more and more)

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I hardly ever rewatch anime, the only one i've rewatched several times cause it's my absolute favorite is Escaflowne; I have also rewatched Magic Knight Rayearth for nostalgias sake and Madoka although that one is not really old.

Space Genius

I often rewatch entire series or random episodes of Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop, because I love the characters and I'm very attached to them.
I watch a lot of older anime because a lot of it is better than the newer ones or I'm just plain bored. I rewatch and rewatch anime such as:

slayers
kyo kara maoh
brave 10
e's otherwise
angelique kagayaki no ashita
sacred seven
story of saiunkoku
shounen onmyouji

I have a big list of animes to rewatch. I feel I made a big mitake when I started with Gintama first.
-scrolls through the long episodes list-
emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas