Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Why not? CW does it.

Manly Man-Lover

It is one of those things that happens on occasion and if it's a title I trust, I will check it out. Besides, it's nice to see a facelift to a series on occasion.

Merry Traveler

GhostlyWhitePumpkins
What's your opinion on old anime shows that get resurrected from the grave and given a facelift?

Have you seen any your like? Is there one you'd like to see revamped? or one you wants to stay in the grave?

Depend on how they do to it. if it is like FMA:brotherhood, then I like it.
it follow the manga more and there's the other one that has different storyline.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) I prefer the old one in term of maturity
The old one has more blood and violence, how it is suppose to be
the new one, despite the better animation, is PG-13 now... gonk
a lot of stuff's being purposely changed for younger audience

In a relationship with Cykuno

Stinky Skunk

Depends. Done right, it can be totally awesome but...
People have most likely held the old one in high value and if it would be remade the changes just might not please people.
I would've practically screamed and started hitting stuff had they remade cowboy bebop and utterly crapped it. xd

Shirtless Detective

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I'm a pretty big fan of Ronin Warriors and would be interested in more episodes... Only 39 episodes and 3 OVAs are not enough for this girl. I'd love to see them brought back. But there you go again, Ronin Warriors had low ratings and wasn't very popular. Seems like everyone has forgotten about it. crying

Edit: It'd be interesting to see a little sequel of Full Moon Wo Sagashite.

Shirtless Detective

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
AnimefanRex
Dragon ball z to dragon ball z kai was a much needed improvement. the only downside is that every fanbase with too many fillers or that didn't follow the manga will beg for it over and over and over again. I just want to slap them sometimes, and tell them that every anime will not follow the manga otherwise the manga sales would go down, because moving pictures are more awesome!

I don't think Kai was much of an 'improvement' really... just a little different dialogue, voices, the intro, and a little more fillers, and a LOT of editing of the "gory" parts. The theme song is very catchy though and I have it on my mp3 player. rofl DBZ is perfect in my opinion... it doesn't need improvement. wink

14,950 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
Maternal Muffin
I'm a pretty big fan of Ronin Warriors and would be interested in more episodes... Only 39 episodes and 3 OVAs are not enough for this girl. I'd love to see them brought back. But there you go again, Ronin Warriors had low ratings and wasn't very popular. Seems like everyone has forgotten about it. crying

Edit: It'd be interesting to see a little sequel of Full Moon Wo Sagashite.

The Ronin Warriors actually had more popularity here in the states than over in Japan, it was pretty popular there too don't get me wrong. They did have a season three lined up with pretty much a new cast of characters, they only kept White Blaze and Kayura, but that all fell through. I think the reasons that fell through was due to lack of funding or that they pretty much confused the hell out of the fanbasis with the plot lines of the OVA's.

I'd love a remake of it personally. I think not as many people know of it because it's 26 years old and was only aired for a very short time here on CW.

All Bishounens's Princess

Sparkling Bunny

hsnake D blaze
if "made into movies" counts as revival then i liked the rouroni kenshin movie and waiting for its sequel in april. it was awesome btw blaugh

Kenshinnnnnnnn I liked the live action movies but not the new ova thingies..uh...
Trigun and Orphan, they were the main two anime's of my childhood. I understand Orphan wasn't that popular, but both series could really do well with a facelift.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

TheAnnoyingFox188

Holy cow, Orphen in this day and age could be fantastic.

Dapper Ladykiller

Higurashi_Kagome_IY
hsnake D blaze
if "made into movies" counts as revival then i liked the rouroni kenshin movie and waiting for its sequel in april. it was awesome btw blaugh

Kenshinnnnnnnn I liked the live action movies but not the new ova thingies..uh...

Yes. Psyched for this. So many things I've been waiting for are happening this spring/summer.

All Bishounens's Princess

Sparkling Bunny

sinfully_cute
Higurashi_Kagome_IY
hsnake D blaze

Yes. Psyched for this. So many things I've been waiting for are happening this spring/summer.

YAAAAYS yeah! more Kenshin 4laugh heart

ThyOneGuy's Oppa

Princess of the Crows
Why Do I Keep Coming Back
Tsukihime still needs an anime.

This meme gets old. There IS a Tsukihime anime and it's not that terrible.

As for remaking anime...

I don't see a huge issue with it. I mean, it's not like no one will watch it if they remake it. As for some selections:

1. Fate Stay Night? - I don't know what they're remaking, but the last I heard there wasn't any plans of it being the Saber Route. In fact, they've already done two routes and some spin offs. Not sure where that info is coming from, but I may be behind on things.

2. DBZ Kai - Any way you look at it, DBZ mostly has nostalgia value. I don't hate it, but I have no desire to watch it.

3. Evangelion REBUILD movies - Oh boy... I find these a waste of time. The first one alone and the removal of Toji as one of the pilots is already making it crazy and eh... I just like the original version better, though I haven't read all the manga yet.

I'm sure there are tons of others that got remade, like Bubble Gum Crisis (I like Tokyo 2040, never saw the OVAs...) But as long as someone likes it, they'll make it. That's all, really.

The evangleion remakes were needed especially after what they did with the original ending to the anime. If it weren't for the remade episodes people might have just written it off. At the time it was widely known for its animation, storyline, mecha. The rebuilds are doing a good job of keeping the same elements and adding new ones. Toji as a pilot was good in the manga but claiming that being the all reason for not liking it is a bit silly. In rebuild he gets a happier ending. Sort of.
Tragick Lullaby
Princess of the Crows

As for remaking anime...

I don't see a huge issue with it. I mean, it's not like no one will watch it if they remake it. As for some selections:

1. Fate Stay Night? - I don't know what they're remaking, but the last I heard there wasn't any plans of it being the Saber Route. In fact, they've already done two routes and some spin offs. Not sure where that info is coming from, but I may be behind on things.

2. DBZ Kai - Any way you look at it, DBZ mostly has nostalgia value. I don't hate it, but I have no desire to watch it.

3. Evangelion REBUILD movies - Oh boy... I find these a waste of time. The first one alone and the removal of Toji as one of the pilots is already making it crazy and eh... I just like the original version better, though I haven't read all the manga yet.

I'm sure there are tons of others that got remade, like Bubble Gum Crisis (I like Tokyo 2040, never saw the OVAs...) But as long as someone likes it, they'll make it. That's all, really.

The evangleion remakes were needed especially after what they did with the original ending to the anime. If it weren't for the remade episodes people might have just written it off. At the time it was widely known for its animation, storyline, mecha. The rebuilds are doing a good job of keeping the same elements and adding new ones. Toji as a pilot was good in the manga but claiming that being the all reason for not liking it is a bit silly. In rebuild he gets a happier ending. Sort of.
I was content with end of evangelion because I agree the ending of the original series was lacking. I don't mind the new rebuild movies, although the latest one I saw had brand new content and don't really know how to feel about it so I will hold judgement till I see them all.

ThyOneGuy's Oppa

XxChris43xX
Tragick Lullaby
Princess of the Crows

As for remaking anime...

I was content with end of evangelion because I agree the ending of the original series was lacking. I don't mind the new rebuild movies, although the latest one I saw had brand new content and don't really know how to feel about it so I will hold judgement till I see them all.
The last one isn't coming out for another 2 years so it will be a huge wait. I would suggest going ahead and seeing the first 3 or the first 2 and then 3 after 4 comes out because 1& 2 connect well 3 is good but it needs 4 to really connect everything together

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff