Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to know what I should by... i want your opinions. Now, first off, i live in Canada, and the only anime we have here is the "kiddy" stuff, and Inuyasha. After I joined Gaia, i've heard of all these cool animes... I'm gonna buy some.. But which anime shows should I buy? PLease post... thanx! 3nodding
Well it really depends on what genre of anime you're after.
If its Romance and comedy go for Love Hina (You won't regret it).
Action...Naruto is always a good start. Along with Cowboy Beepop and Trigun.

There are others I can recommend but tell me the genre that you're into.
me, i'm into lots of action, violance, comedy, and teensy bit of romance (not to much though) Thats why I love InuYasha so much... whee whee whee you know any shows that are like that?
Well if you have just the kiddy stuff, I recommend DBZ and i guess some Sailor Moon, but if they have any Miyazaki films, like Princess Mononoke and Spitited Away, purchase those first. Be sure you know what you are going to buy because you want to buy something that keeps you wanting to watch it again and again and again until it goes out of warranty!
I love that movie, spirited away... i think i'll just ask the girl @ the counter of the store what she recommends...
I would reccomend Nightwalkers but its a bit mature but it fits the action comedy and a little romance. Another good one is Full Metal Panic but its not that gory. If your looking for more guts then try Vampire Princess Miyu or Naruto. Have Fun heart
I'm a big fan Nazca...but not all that many people know about it, or like it.
For you I'd say start out with dbz. It's a good stepping stone
FLCL or FuriKuri or Fooly Cooly, its tottally awesome and off the wall. From one Canuk to another, get it man.
If you're buying them at a store. Like domestic or what-not... then I reccomend the following:
GTO, Excel Saga, Slayers, Dai Guard, Noir (is alright), Fushigi Yuugi is pretty good.

If you're importing:
Flame of Recca, Naruto, Shaman King.

Do not... I repeat... do not toture yourself by getting an english version of Shaman King. I reccomend stabbing oneself in the eye before getting into the 4Kids Entertainment version of Shaman King. It's bound to hurt less.

Also. As a fan of Inuyasha, you owe it to yourself to see Ranma 1/2. Same creator, but lots less repetative.
hmm a lot of what I was going to say has already been said.... However if you might Try Full Metal Panic... which would then lead you to Full Metal Panic Fumoffu if you liked the first set. Also if you don't mind sedate beginnings to anime you might try Scrapped Princess.
Slayers ^^ has comedy , action , silly..odd romance ^^ much like Inuyasha in a way but not as sad. just ... it takes inuyasha sad and replaces with crazy
it kinda depends on the genre you like i guess...
but a couple that you have to see are
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun

Thos are some that i consider classics that no otaku should miss
some i suggest that arent classics but are awesome non the less

Rurouni Kenshin
Escaflowne
FLCL (hey its only 6 episodes lol)
Outlaw Star
Blue Gender
Gundam Wing
Shamn King
Zoids
3nodding
Hmm... It depends what you want.
Two good "mature" anime are:
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal [Drama, action, military, historical fiction, tragic romance, physchological]
(Do not get before knowing some thing about the Japanese revolution, though, or you'll be very confused.)

Perfect Blue [Drama, Horror, Psychological, Suspense]
(I haven't seen it, but I've heard great things about it.)

Also, if you go for manga, try out Pet Shop of Horrors, Rurouni Kenshin, Excel Saga, Demon Diary and Saiyuki: those are some of my favorites.
You should also try out any manga by Yu Watase and CLAMP: though I don't like their work, many people do.

VivaceVivian's Husband

Wow! I live in Canada too and I also have to buy anime. Some good ones are:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Saiyuki
Gravitation (if you don't mind shonen ai sweatdrop )
Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto can be downloaded for free. Canada's anime shortage is evil *sigh*

PS- Inuyasha is awesome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces