Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
nylasaur
this thread is delicious

not that I don't love madoka, but

i'm very happy this thread exists. I'd like to watch more magical girl anime... i haven't watched much besides saturday morning sailor moon and, of course, madoka

it grosses me out how much madoka is elevated to this genre-deconstructing franchise tbh because of how the creators have compared the girls to terrorists??? and?? idk I just don't really want something like that elevated... but! I still enjoy the series a lot when i think about death of the author and all that. so.
since when did Gen Urobuchi die?
Mugetsu Ookamiza
nylasaur
this thread is delicious

i'm very happy this thread exists. I'd like to watch more magical girl anime... i haven't watched much besides saturday morning sailor moon and, of course, madoka

it grosses me out how much madoka is elevated to this genre-deconstructing franchise tbh because of how the creators have compared the girls to terrorists??? and?? idk I just don't really want something like that elevated... but! I still enjoy the series a lot when i think about death of the author and all that. so.

N... no... figuratively...
As in, what an author says about their work doesn't matter; what matters is how the audience interprets the work.
So, basically, I try not to let Urobochi's opinion ruin my enjoyment of Madoka and prevent me from thinking about it as a subversion of the genre by ignoring his statements.
nylasaur
Mugetsu Ookamiza
nylasaur
this thread is delicious

As in, what an author says about their work doesn't matter; what matters is how the audience interprets the work.
So, basically, I try not to let Urobochi's opinion ruin my enjoyment of Madoka and prevent me from thinking about it as a subversion of the genre by ignoring his statements.

Magical Killing all over the place, is generally never fun most of the time.
Its possible that Gen's family might have been killed by Magic-users, his life was saved by More Magic-users and he really didn't want to say anything about it, who knows?
Javier Cross
nylasaur
Mugetsu Ookamiza
nylasaur
this thread is delicious

Its possible that Gen's family might have been killed by Magic-users, his life was saved by More Magic-users and he really didn't want to say anything about it, who knows?

What?
nylasaur
Javier Cross
nylasaur
Mugetsu Ookamiza
nylasaur
this thread is delicious

What?

That one was just food for thought, I figured that it may be best to learn more about his own past, but that is for another thread, another time.

For now we need to list out more worlds or series that may qualify under the thread's requirements, agreed?
Dude, Princess Tutu changed my life.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Clover_IceQueen
Sailor Moon is surprisingly dark. *shot*

I agree. Even going back through the anime it was pretty dark.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
norakun91
Clover_IceQueen

Indeed, and the manga is even worse. So much death...

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Clover_IceQueen
norakun91
Clover_IceQueen

Indeed, and the manga is even worse. So much death...

snd depression. I loved it.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Let's see. It's been a while since I've watched it, so I'm a tad on the fence about whether or not it belongs in the genre or even counts as a proper subversion, but Devil Hunter Yohko might be worth a mention?

Bashful Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
Chiisana Tantei
Princess Tutu. I LOVED Princess Tutu. It is pretty much up there with Detective Conan for my favorite anime. It was a pretty dark Magical Girl anime too.

Also Uta~Kata, which was even darker.
IMO

oh yeah i love princess tutu!! at first it was all cutesy and precious but it ended up really dark and i really liked it..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff