Welcome to Gaia! ::

*points to above post* correct. some think they are, but really aren't...and some just don't embrace it...
Not all Otaku's are like that, the ones that I've met have been, but I'm sure there's at least on exception.

From what I've seen, Otaku is just a name for someone trying to pretend they enjoy anime more than anyone else, or that they know more about it than anyone else.

Like I've said to others, there is absolutely nothing to know about anime its a different way of telling a story, and you really can't know a story, you can listen to it and you can feel it, it can affect you, but you can't know it.

I think a lot of Otaku's out there have no idea what loving anime really is, because what they do doesn't prove that they love it at all, if you love something like that then you want everyone to experience it, you don't act as if you're the only one that can truly enjoy it.

They're not scary to me, but I do think that they're pathetic.
SuparL33tKu
Shizuka Shi
OTAKU'S ARE AWESOME

No... they're pretty scary. Otaku aren't casual anime fans. They aren't even extreme anime fans. I myself have a room covered wall to wall with anime posters and pariphanelia, and have over 100 VHS and DVDs, with around 100gig of anime on my harddrives. I still am not what is called an "Otaku". An Otaku is someone who lives and breathes anime and goes crazy when someone says something against it. They are sad people with no social lives who fall in love with fictional characters and don't bathe. For further information, refer to the site I posted a link to in the topic post.

LOL

What a load of crap... ^_^

Some otakus are like that. But not ALL of them are evil/perverted/stalking/pyschotic lot.

I'm proud to say I'm an otaku, but you don't see ME going crazy when people insist that 'Chobits' is actually pronounced 'Chibots' (stupid morons).

Just accept the fact that there are GOOD otaku and there are BAD otaku. (Read Genshiken, for crying out loud!)
you shouldn't generalize Otaku.
Otaku isn't just a word for anime lovers.

There are many types of otaku.
Like gun, stuffed animals, machine otaku.
it depends on what they mean by otaku since sometimes in the us peepz just use the word 2 describe they are pasionate about their liking of anime but if you mean peepz that are reeeeeeally obsesed like they would often get 2 far to feed their obsetion 4 anime that's when it scares me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff