Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shopper

I just recently picked it up (220? in) and I was wondering is it worth the watch?
I love it thus far, but it seems to just go in circles at points.

Also, Crunchyroll is where I watch on my PS3 it but since the "new" season it takes forever to buffer. It'll pause and I'll have to sit and wait. Does anyone know any better ps3 apps or a way to change video quality from the ps3? I cant hook my computer up to my tv sadly ;c
I can't really say anything specifically about the anime because I only read the manga, but what I can say is that overall it's pretty awesome. It took me a while to get around to reading it, but when I did I got HOOKED.

The beginning might get a little slow after a while. (Luffy finds new nakama, helps them with their problem, they join the crew. Rinse and repeat) But then it has to start somewhere, doesn't it? The good news? It gets better. And better. All the time. (Art quality too, and that's always a plus)

The story really starts when they get into the Grand Line.

At risk of giving spoilers, my fav arcs were the Enies Lobby arc and Impel Down/Marineford. I'm a sucker for feels, and if you are too these arcs are must watch. Current ongoing arc is pretty damn epic as well.

So I'd say stick to it. I definitely didn't regret going through those 700+ chapters.

Shopper

Stelra Etnae
I can't really say anything specifically about the anime because I only read the manga, but what I can say is that overall it's pretty awesome. It took me a while to get around to reading it, but when I did I got HOOKED.

The beginning might get a little slow after a while. (Luffy finds new nakama, helps them with their problem, they join the crew. Rinse and repeat) But then it has to start somewhere, doesn't it? The good news? It gets better. And better. All the time. (Art quality too, and that's always a plus)

The story really starts when they get into the Grand Line.

At risk of giving spoilers, my fav arcs were the Enies Lobby arc and Impel Down/Marineford. I'm a sucker for feels, and if you are too these arcs are must watch. Current ongoing arc is pretty damn epic as well.

So I'd say stick to it. I definitely didn't regret going through those 700+ chapters.
Thanks c:

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

One Piece is VERY long, but it is also VERY good. It is one of my favorite series and it's honestly worth every bit.

Dangerous Animal

One Piece was my LIFE until about a year ago.

I followed it from the very beginning until the most recent anime and chapters, but...
it got slow.

REAL slow.

Let me tell you this: It IS worth the watch, for sure, but you need to have a LOT of patience and expect the epic-ness to get toned down as you get to the Time Skip.
I think the only thing i could say that sucks about One Piece would be the slow start, It really doesn't start to get good until around the 260? mark, but after then it moves pretty fast story wise. I read both Manga & Anime smile

Shopper

Tider Benz

I followed it from the very beginning until the most recent anime and chapters, but...
it got slow.

REAL slow.

Let me tell you this: It IS worth the watch, for sure, but you need to have a LOT of patience and expect the epic-ness to get toned down as you get to the Time Skip.
That's fine. Thanks for your input!

Dapper Explorer

Yeah, One Piece is pretty good if you have a lot of time to invest in a series. Though, (my opinion may be an unpopular one, though) I don't like it much after the timeskip. I feel like it loses it's charm. But that's like, 600+ chapters/450+ episodes in (give or take?) so you have nothing to worry about.

And yes, Impel Down/Enies Lobby is the peak of One Piece, personally. Amazing arc.

Dapper Explorer

Tider Benz

it got slow.

REAL slow.

That may be the reason why I've had so much trouble getting into Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. I just...... really don't like those arcs.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Reading the manga is a more pleasurable experience than watching the anime.

Shopper

kenjitamura
Oh wow thanks man. Didn't know you and I were the same and had the same preferences. You're right. Since you think reading the manga is better, it must be.
I don't remember asking for opinions on which I should do. Your opinion literally means nothing to me. Please, next time you try to go into a thread and spout your unwarranted and unwanted opinions, don't let it be mine.

Aged Noob

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
T o l3 y
kenjitamura
Oh wow thanks man.

You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas