Welcome to Gaia! ::

First off, don't get too hasty. I'm not dissing it, nor am I praising it. This is just a suggestion thread concerning these versus threads that have been "taking over" the A/M/C forums. And for the love of sanity, let's keep our replies constructive? n00b talk and l33t-speak are just annoying (Fact: l33t-speak is just a phase. It's like having your balls drop for the first time, you'll get over it).

Onto the topic at hand, many threads have been running around the forums that have two characters face off in some kind of battle. It's nearly impossible for anyone to find any real topics with ten thousand versus threads blocking them. Hell, anti-versus threads are starting to become more abundant by the day.

But there is some redeeming qualities of a good versus thread. Some have interesting choices of battle and attach certain rules, powers, scenarios, etc., that would make the fight more interesting. However, most of these threads have waaaay off pairs, like a worm versus a fuggin' red dragon or something. But versus threads are a way to explore your creativity and uses your imagination.

But the problem is that TOO MANY PEOPLE are using creativity (to some point). If this is starting to cause a problem to the more dedicated visitors of the A/M/C forums, why not create a subforum built entirely for versus threads? Both parties get what they want: The threads can take over in their own private forum, while the rest of us can finally breath a sigh of relief.

Let's get to discussion.
I agree! My internet was off for three months and before it was normal anime talk but, when i got back the place was full of versus threads. They do need their own fourm.
Bump

This is supposed to be an important issue... crying
Hi Lance! Guess who!? blaugh

Ph34r N4cl-l0G1rL
I definitely agree. Though I've started a few, many of them were only for laughs, and they're getting way too annoying for me.
I don't even like hanging out in the A/M/C forums anymore. > neutral
=[ I detest vs. threads while tolerating almost anything else. I think there needs to be just one vs. sticky like we have for favorite character/shows and whatnot.
There should be a subforum for "favorite/vs" threads in the animé forum. I see people spaz about how a favorite thread or a versus thread should be in chatterbox, but really, if it is an animé related topic, it SHOULD be in the animé forum. The people in the animé forum are people who are interested in animé while the chatterbox is for everybody. Give us an "Animé Chatterbox" for a sub forum, and then we can direct people there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff