Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Player

===SPOILERS AHEAD===

Okay just finished Attack on Titan, and while it is a very good anime with tons of action. WHAT THE HELL!? Seriously, there are two questions i want answers to.

1) Why the hell was Annie able to turn into a Titan. I was led to believe it was a serum that Aaron's dad injected him with, Now Annie was able to as well.
2) WHAT THE ******** was in the cellar. It seemed to be a huge plot point and then they don't touch on it. We never find out. Seriously it is like Introducing a character full background story and everything and then have them play no part in the story at all. I am trying to think of an example but really there is none as it doesn't happen.

Okay so maybe something got lost in translation as I watched the dub (And don't do this stupid "watch it subbed it's better" bullshit, id on;t give a flying ******** what you think. i don't watch subbed Anime. I wait for the dub or don;t watch it. I watch anime to watch, not read. if I am going to read, I'll find the manga.)

Anyway point is, how can any anime show get away without answering huge plot holes. It happens often but i still don't get why it does, and in terms of highly appraised animes such as Attack on Titan, it should be blasphemy to do so.

So for those who have seen the anime What are your thoughts?

Questionable Conversationalist

It...It's Eren.
It's based off of an ongoing manga that hasn't answered all the questions in it's serialization as of yet. The anime cannot reveal answers that don't exist.
It's got another sequel anime or whatever coming out in like 2016.
Anime based off ongoing manga are just fancy commercials to make you want to buy the manga (and the discs if you want a chance at more anime seasons).
If they don't answer things it's because "go buy the manga to finish it"

That's not new.

Dangerous Player

Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.
It's based off of an ongoing manga that hasn't answered all the questions in it's serialization as of yet. The anime cannot reveal answers that don't exist.
Anime based off ongoing manga are just fancy commercials to make you want to buy the manga (and the discs if you want a chance at more anime seasons).

That's not new.

Eren, Eran, Aaron, Erin, All pronounced the same. Its not like the Anime gives you an actual spelling of the name.

So it's one of those things huh... well damn. i guess I will have to read the manga, Too bad, i have never enjoyed a manga more than its anime counterpart, aside form Yu-gi-oh But that is because the show is crap. Now THAT is a commercial, For the card game.

Well back to my binge watching, next on the list, Log Horizon...

Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.

That's not new.

Eren, Eran, Aaron, Erin, All pronounced the same. Its not like the Anime gives you an actual spelling of the name.

So it's one of those things huh... well damn. i guess I will have to read the manga, Too bad, i have never enjoyed a manga more than its anime counterpart, aside form Yu-gi-oh But that is because the show is crap. Now THAT is a commercial, For the card game.

The anime credits have his name...

Log Horizon is based off of an incomplete light novel serialization. It's very good but just giving you the warning.

Dangerous Player

Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.

That's not new.

Log Horizon is based off of an incomplete light novel serialization. It's very good but just giving you the warning.

I assumed as much, nearly creaming afte rteh first episode, i knew i would not be so lucky to have a full series. I won't be able to finish all 25 dubbed episodes by 4:00 tomorrow. That is in 13 hours and i need to sleep.

Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.

That's not new.

I assumed as much, nearly creaming afte rteh first episode, i knew i would not be so lucky to have a full series. I won't be able to finish all 25 dubbed episodes by 4:00 tomorrow. That is in 13 hours and i need to sleep.
It'd be better to support it through a legal channel like CR which would also get you season 2 as well unless the dub of the first season is offered via legal means that you're already using.

Dangerous Player

Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.

That's not new.

It'd be better to support it through a legal channel like CR which would also get you season 2 as well unless the dub of the first season is offered via legal means that you're already using.

Well i assume it is pirated, but where i am from, it is not illegal to stream pirated videos. I am not from the US.

Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
It...It's Eren.

That's not new.

Well i assume it is pirated, but where i am from, it is not illegal to stream pirated videos. I am not from the US.
And? Using legal channels shows support of the series. If you have access to say Crunchy Roll where S1 and S2 are available there's not many good reasons to not use it to watch it and support the series as it shows CR what people are watching and liking and taking interest in.

Dangerous Player

Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca

And? Using legal channels shows support of the series. If you have access to say Crunchy Roll where S1 and S2 are available there's not many good reasons to not use it to watch it and support the series as it shows CR what people are watching and liking and taking interest in.

Well i would but i prefer to avoid anything that require membership payments, Donation is fine, but when you have to pay i refuse. Currently my bank account is sitting on 14 cents. So as you can see right now, Streaming is probably my best bet.

Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca
Rockwarrior v2.0
Milady Alluca

Well i would but i prefer to avoid anything that require membership payments, Donation is fine, but when you have to pay i refuse. Currently my bank account is sitting on 14 cents. So as you can see right now, Streaming is probably my best bet.
So you prefer to steal content rather than try to support it. You can watch a lot of CR content for free just with ads.

Devoted Wench

9,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
IDK, coming into the series through the anime I thought it was pretty apparent that the story was incomplete with the potential of a second season.

To semi answer your questions though, SPOILERS BE WARNED, Eren didn't get his titan powers through that injection and the basement is an over arcing plot point that probably won't be addressed till near the end.

For the whole Crunchyroll/legal streaming thing, most legal streaming sites have a standard membership and a premium membership. For standard membership you usually don't have to pay a dime but are met with some restrictions and have to sit through commercials. Premium you have to pay a fee but get all the perks like getting to see content early and no commercials.

I'm not aware of all the legal streaming sites but Crunchyroll and Funimation function this way. The former is much more lenient though.

Aged Recycler

5,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Read the ******** manga.

Eren ate his dad. and his dad ate historia's sister who is kind of hive queen. Oh and eren's titan now has armor.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I just assumed at the end of it that it was just a first season. They were just getting ready to figure out a way to get to Eren's house where there would hopefully be some answers when the show stopped.

There's a lot left to be answered and the show is way too popular to just let it die after 1 season.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

You're in for a long wait if you want to know what's in the basement. We're up to chapter 67 and still don't know, lol.

Seriously though, read the manga because it answers quite a few questions you have, but it'll leave you asking more once you're done.

I also watched the show first and was also incredibly confused once it was over. I decided to read the manga after I inadvertently spoiled myself about major plot-points. (Seriously, don't Google anything that pertains to SnK, like the Colossal/Armoured titans, the SnK wiki will spoil it for you.) The manga is miles ahead of the show at this point so I'm glad I took the time to catch up.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
It's an on-going show. Manga (also still on-going) explains why Annie was able to turn and some more about Titans, but we still haven't gotten back to the cellar. I assume it's related to history before the walls. Maybe it's nothing, maybe Grisha was building bottle ships in the cellar and was going to share his hobby with Eren until s**t hit the fan.

Shows is meant to return next year with a second season and I believe there's movie coming out this year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff