Welcome to Gaia! ::

This whole Spider-person, Aranya thing, in the manga style?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 3, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

Let's see....well, a day or two ago, an article came out in my local newspaper about a new "spider"-themed superheroine that was being created. She's like Spiderman, but she's not quite a "Spider-Girl". From her description, she seems okay, and the whole fact about her being a Latina is a nice twist. Aside from being a heroine, she's also, conveniently, a gymnast. Her attitude is strong, one of those "kick-a** girl" characters. She's also dropped the whole spandex getup and wears a sort of "ghetto" wardrobe. Her name? Aranya.

Now, I have a question for you all out there. From the article, the man who is creating the story of Aranya is going to go with the flow by making his comic following the "manga" format, since manga is so popular now. He says he thinks that'll make it popular and whatnot, and as I read it, I thought the contrary.

What do you think about the author making this "American style" story with the "manga-esque" touch? I thought that many people would just get mad and call it "wannabe manga" or something or other. It doesn't seem that bad, and I hope the comic does well.
I belive you are correct on this it makes sence for the writter to think this way I mean he wants this new comic to start off on the good side so he is going to the format that is the most popular. You know best for buiseness and I think people should give it a chance before just out right judging it.
Phishy Chan
Let's see....well, a day or two ago, an article came out in my local newspaper about a new "spider"-themed superheroine that was being created. She's like Spiderman, but she's not quite a "Spider-Girl". From her description, she seems okay, and the whole fact about her being a Latina is a nice twist. Aside from being a heroine, she's also, conveniently, a gymnast. Her attitude is strong, one of those "kick-a** girl" characters. She's also dropped the whole spandex getup and wears a sort of "ghetto" wardrobe. Her name? Aranya.

Now, I have a question for you all out there. From the article, the man who is creating the story of Aranya is going to go with the flow by making his comic following the "manga" format, since manga is so popular now. He says he thinks that'll make it popular and whatnot, and as I read it, I thought the contrary.

What do you think about the author making this "American style" story with the "manga-esque" touch? I thought that many people would just get mad and call it "wannabe manga" or something or other. It doesn't seem that bad, and I hope the comic does well.

"Manga format"? You mean it's manga style art?

Dapper Genius

I don't like the story all that much confused . Wannabe manga that won't be good the n00bs, the spam.
u say "n00b" as if its a bad thing.. sum of us are poor and cant spend money on fine clothes.... crying
Maiadorn
Phishy Chan

I think so, yes. The article wasn't all too clear, but I think he's using some elements from manga. Maybe the big-eye thing. Dunno.
asain sensation
u say "n00b" as if its a bad thing.. sum of us are poor and cant spend money on fine clothes.... crying

A n00b is a stupid and rather narrowminded fool who is annoying and...stupid. (^^;;; wink

A NEWB is a person who is new, and, on Gaia, usually can't afford clothes just yet.
Phishy Chan
Maiadorn
Phishy Chan

I think so, yes. The article wasn't all too clear, but I think he's using some elements from manga. Maybe the big-eye thing. Dunno.

I think when they say "Manga format" they mean that the actual book is of the smaller size usually used for Manga. Which ia bullshit, because Archie comics have been published that size since time immemorial.

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kaida Rivers
I belive you are correct on this it makes sence for the writter to think this way I mean he wants this new comic to start off on the good side so he is going to the format that is the most popular. You know best for buiseness and I think people should give it a chance before just out right judging it.

I agree with you, I think more people would read it if he/she did it manga style because it's the most popular right now
Maiadorn
Phishy Chan
Maiadorn
Phishy Chan

I think when they say "Manga format" they mean that the actual book is of the smaller size usually used for Manga. Which ia bullshit, because Archie comics have been published that size since time immemorial.

I think I meant the "manga style". I think the format is going to be around the same as others.
Phishy Chan

The story itself doesn't really sound appealing to me (we all have different tastes; just doesn't sound like my thing)... but as far as the manga style, no qualms about it here. Hope it turns out well. 3nodding
bakakitsune327
I don't like the story all that much confused . Wannabe manga that won't be good the n00bs, the spam.
I agree, but i'm not a big fan of spiders....
scary crying xp stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces