Welcome to Gaia! ::

romantic or wrong?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 12, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Well personally, I am a straight male but I don't understand these. They're much too sappy for my tastes, at least, and I usually am a romantic. But a realist one.

I was raised as a very naturalist person, largely outside human society and I do not understand homosexuality or bisexuality as they are completely contained within it. There is no way to pass on your genes to your offspring as it is impossible to have any, so I cannot decipher why such a pairing would work. But- to each their own, or whatever. So, no I don't get it.
Actually, you're wrong in saying that homosexuality does not exist outside human society. Wolves, eagles, buffalo, and most other animals that mate for life have been known, on occasion, to choose mates of their own sex. It may not be very good for the propogation of the species, but some things you just can't argue with.

Anyway, I think 'yaoi' and 'yuri' relationships are just as valid as straight ones. They can be wrong (for instance, if it involves an adult and a child) or very, very romantic, if it's about two people who love eachother. As far as love is concerened, gender is a complete non-issue. You straight guys shouldn't feel ashamed about liking a gay couple in manga or anime. I am a straight woman and I am completely unashamed about supporting lesbian couples. If I think the pairing works, I will support it, regardless of the character's gender.

I'm tiresd of people saying that one kind of relationship is more 'valid' or 'true' than the other. Love is love. If you've got that, nothing else matters.
Regent
Actually, you're wrong in saying that homosexuality does not exist outside human society. Wolves, eagles, buffalo, and most other animals that mate for life have been known, on occasion, to choose mates of their own sex. It may not be very good for the propogation of the species, but some things you just can't argue with.

Anyway, I think 'yaoi' and 'yuri' relationships are just as valid as straight ones. They can be wrong (for instance, if it involves an adult and a child) or very, very romantic, if it's about two people who love eachother. As far as love is concerened, gender is a complete non-issue. You straight guys shouldn't feel ashamed about liking a gay couple in manga or anime. I am a straight woman and I am completely unashamed about supporting lesbian couples. If I think the pairing works, I will support it, regardless of the character's gender.

I'm tiresd of people saying that one kind of relationship is more 'valid' or 'true' than the other. Love is love. If you've got that, nothing else matters.
I am not saying that they are wrong necessarily- I simply do not understand it. I have no problems with any pairing because they would not be that way if they did not wish to. I personally have not seen any cases where an animal or plant that had not been overexposed to humans acted homosexually. And be careful what you tell a German what he cannot argue with. wink Any way that was not my point at least.
I think Yaoi can be as romantic as any other manga.. And characters r often so cute 3nodding
damm.... long posts.... how odd.
Anyways thanks for your contributions.....

'There is no way to pass on your genes to your offspring as it is impossible to have any, so I cannot decipher why such a pairing would work'

Acctually japanese and south korean sientists recently manged to fertlise a female rat egg with DNA from another female rat egg...... the sucess rate was 1/600, but it does show that it's possible. we men will be obsolute soon..... eek crying sweatdrop
I think it's really romantic...I'm also secure about my sexuality, so I can say it...heh...

Yeah, my sexuality is bi...heh...I really like the feeling of rebellion that controversial relationships tend to bring along. So naturally I love to read yaio manga....
Anyway back to yaoi.... any favorites people care to mention?
Gravitation is the only one I've seen, but I like it 3nodding I don't like really like explicit stuff, but it's fine with me if two boys love each other. But why do boys mostly like yuri while girls mostly like yaoi? I know it's kind of true, but I don't know why...
Mirabelka
I think Yaoi can be as romantic as any other manga.. And characters r often so cute 3nodding

I love yaoi as well. It's really cute. My favorites would have to be Gravitation and Prince of Tennis (shounen-ai). whee
I HATE ANIME YAOI! like gravatation.....but i do so love art like Tohru Azumi...who remakes gundam wing and other shows into yaoi manga....Doushinji is so cute....

i take back hating anime yaoi...its not ALL bad.
Yaoi is one of my guilty pleasures. whee
I read/ watch shonen- ai, but not yaoi, if only because I'm not really comfortable with anything explicit. I think it's cute ^_^.

I realize that some people may not be comfortable with or understand homosexual relationships, and I completely respect that. However, personal feelings on this issue are absolutely not an excuse for insulting people or attempting to tell them what they can and can't do in their lives. Feeling uncomfortable with homosexuality is understandable- saying that it's wrong or inferior is bigotry.

Um, about straight guys liking yaoi... There's nothing at all wrong with that. Yaoi is a very different kind of romance, and one which can be much more interesting than run of the mill hetero stories. I don't know if this will make anyone feel more comfortable, but I like girls, and I still enjoy shonen-ai. I know, it's a bit different for me... sweatdrop but, the principle is the same... you don't have to like guys to like BL, and liking BL doesn't mean you like guys. I'm glad that there are some guys who have opinions about BL other than "eww", and I hope that more of them will eventually come around. Also, while most of the current girl/girl stuff is either gratuitous or inane, I'm hoping that some u.s. distributor will dig up a good series and license it, because when it isn't awful shoujo- ai is a similar kind of romance to shonen- ai, and I think a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised.
yaoi is more romantic than hentai. hentai is just all about sex. yaoi pure romance. if you've seen some yaois movies you'll see what i mean
Chibish
Yaoi is one of my guilty pleasures. whee

*nodnod*
Non-explicit yaoi = shonen-ai, not yaoi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff