Welcome to Gaia! ::

i've been thinking about newtype mag. is it worth the price? $12, i believe, so i hope the content inside is worth it. can anyone tell me?

Magical Bookworm

14,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
It used to be worth the price, but now I don't think it is. All you get for 12 dollars is the same DVD type that they gave out when it was 10, and no other bonuses. It used to give out posters, postcards, centerfolds, and once in awhile stickers too, but they stopped it. >>;
Personally, I'd rather buy a manga for that price.
i had one. is the $12 for the mag or a subscription? if its the sub, go for it! but if its for the mag, ******** no! thats way too exspensive. when i got mine, it was $8. or was it $5? sweatdrop its been awhile... anyway, its got stuff like character info, inside info on the anime and release dates. there are sometimes even sample anime eps! so if you think this is worth while... its your money. hope this helps ya!
mysticneko
i had one. is the $12 for the mag or a subscription? if its the sub, go for it! but if its for the mag, ******** no! thats way too exspensive. when i got mine, it was $8. or was it $5? sweatdrop its been awhile... anyway, its got stuff like character info, inside info on the anime and release dates. there are sometimes even sample anime eps! so if you think this is worth while... its your money. hope this helps ya!

the $12 is for the single mag, the subscription is over $80!!! still, i don't want to miss out on stuff. thanks.
anime_master579
mysticneko

the $12 is for the single mag, the subscription is over $80!!! still, i don't want to miss out on stuff. thanks.

$80!?!?! eek eek *dies of heart attack* OMG!!! I will never ever, pay that much for a magazine! Thats what the internet is for. 3nodding Cause its free!!!
It was pretty good but since the price went up the quality went down.
cute_nic
It was pretty good but since the price went up the quality went down.

here, here!
ya, the subcription is about 80 bucks. I LOVE newType, and I'm so gld I ordered it! ^__^, and I liked the DVD they had this time.
I think it's worth it and if you get mangas that have subscription stuff in it for Newtype then it's only $50. Also My2BrokenWingz I love you sign.
I like NewType. It has pretty good bonus discs with episodes on it and previews for upcoming animes as well as trailers and such... It's got good, in depth information and merchandise, and it's fun too read. I just buy a magazine when I have extra cash, I didn't subscripe. I do want that Saizo hat, though... crying
yes!!!!! it is!!!!!!!! thers a like 5 page manga in side thers a DVD in side not only new anime prevew in side but also new games that are comeing out and in the DVD that comes with it thers anime prevew and 2 anime shows so yes cool ninja sweatdrop heart biggrin blaugh 3nodding

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
It's kinda worth it to buy an issue of Newtype. But I don't really like how that you have to pay nearly 100 dollars for a subcription...
the subscription price is a bit high, but they have tons of free stuff, give aways, and it comes with a DVD of unreleased anime 3nodding
oh! and a centerfold xd
This month's centerfold has a girl on one side and a guy on the other. And not an ugly guy either! I was in shock. I immeadiately tore it out and hung it up. If they kep doing that, I say it's worth it ^_^. And it's nice and thick with lots of reviews ^_^. I like Animerica more though...too bad it's going under...
kiruchi
I like NewType. It has pretty good bonus discs with episodes on it and previews for upcoming animes as well as trailers and such... It's got good, in depth information and merchandise, and it's fun too read. I just buy a magazine when I have extra cash, I didn't subscripe. I do want that Saizo hat, though... crying

i subscribed and got the Saizo cap...Freak'n awesome biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces