Total Votes:[ 46 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Super Genius

EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity

ninja The one thing your forgetting about all the ones you just named if none/none of the Spiders/Venom, stayed they always went back to Pete and Brock, also one you named was a clone, and the other wasn't really Spidey just using the name somewhat..

Same goes with Captain America, and that's cause some died, or so we where lead to think... heck same goes for the Goblins.. they where all around when the main one was, and all where connected to the main hero in some way... shall I continue?? hahahaha

I'm not forgertting anything, but apparently you are. Brock never regained the symbiote. He's not Venom any more!

And it doesn't matter if he's "not really Spidey." He's STILL using the name. That's the whole point.

ninja Incorrect He does have the suit again though now he's Anti-Venom, and not venom and plus the suite it's own life/force being and can go to other people. And it's more then the name Everyone.. everyone you mentioned had contact and knew the Main Char in some way, so to just pop out from no where and say this is the new Spider-Man, with out saying how he got the powers or why, he just is cause he's using the name is just foolish..

Negative. The Anti-Venom suit is a completely different suit.

And US Agent had NO connection to Steve Rogers before they made hiim the new Captain America. He was trainewd by the frickin' Taskmaster. And that's completely irrelevent, anyway. It's someone new taking up the name..It doesn't matter who it is, it's still something they do just as miuch in Marvel as they do in DC.

How many Ghost Riders have there been? How many Captain Marvels?

Super Genius

Hell, let's be honest. Giving the symbiote to Flash Thompson was the first interesting thing they've ever done with it.
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity

ninja The one thing your forgetting about all the ones you just named if none/none of the Spiders/Venom, stayed they always went back to Pete and Brock, also one you named was a clone, and the other wasn't really Spidey just using the name somewhat..

Same goes with Captain America, and that's cause some died, or so we where lead to think... heck same goes for the Goblins.. they where all around when the main one was, and all where connected to the main hero in some way... shall I continue?? hahahaha

I'm not forgertting anything, but apparently you are. Brock never regained the symbiote. He's not Venom any more!

And it doesn't matter if he's "not really Spidey." He's STILL using the name. That's the whole point.

ninja Incorrect He does have the suit again though now he's Anti-Venom, and not venom and plus the suite it's own life/force being and can go to other people. And it's more then the name Everyone.. everyone you mentioned had contact and knew the Main Char in some way, so to just pop out from no where and say this is the new Spider-Man, with out saying how he got the powers or why, he just is cause he's using the name is just foolish..

Negative. The Anti-Venom suit is a completely different suit.

And US Agent had NO connection to Steve Rogers before they made hiim the new Captain America. He was trainewd by the frickin' Taskmaster. And that's completely irrelevent, anyway. It's someone new taking up the name..It doesn't matter who it is, it's still something they do just as miuch in Marvel as they do in DC.

How many Ghost Riders have there been? How many Captain Marvels?

ninja 2 things .. 1) relax, and he/ US Agent was just using the name but Captain American was still alive... 2) Ghost Rider/s are Spirits of vengeance given there power by a demon or angel and sometimes both, the whole Captain Marvels are Cosmic powered beings also.. yes sometimes given to humans, and yeah they do die and another takes up the name. Though Again all the people you've ranted about aren't ageless char's like Spidey.. who has been around since the 60's or something.. the same one guy.. yes you can say Captain America started sometime then also. Though he was made by the government, Spidey was an accident made and a teen at the time also and made himself into a hero, and that's why the name and char is important to most of us. He never had the government just giving him money or taking care of his bill's..

It's all those type of things that we who love the Spider-Man montra/personality are hopping marvel doesn't mess up with the newer on in the Ultimate Universe.. there putting to mush extra stuff in there, change his skin color is whatever, though mix in that he's of mixed cultures is a whole lot more, and his parents are still alive and he might(most likey) they say be made gay.. I mean WTH?? That a lot, which is why I made this thread, if your only hung up on the name alone you've missed the whole point of this thread and conversations...
Lex Joseph Luthor
Hell, let's be honest. Giving the symbiote to Flash Thompson was the first interesting thing they've ever done with it.

ninja I disagree, they had a great number of great if not all out wonderful things they've done with the Venom suit, from it's introduction to the fact it could reproduce, gave us Carnage... and those other's for a time... and now Anti Venom...

Super Genius

EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

ninja I disagree, they had a great number of great if not all out wonderful things they've done with the Venom suit, from it's introduction to the fact it could reproduce, gave us Carnage... and those other's for a time... and now Anti Venom...
Carnage is the worst character, ever xd He's a sad wannabe Joker.
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

Carnage is the worst character, ever xd He's a sad wannabe Joker.

ninja I disagree, I quite enjoyed him, and he wasn't anything like joker to me, just a nut with symbiotic suit, made from blood, who did what he wanted and just went everywhere and enjoyed himself to the fullest.. unlike joker who likes gags and manly harassing batman to get him to smile...

Dangerous Lunatic

3,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
EthelbertOddity
SephRem
I have no problem with Spidey being black. I do have a problem, however, with making a brand new character to take up the mantle of Spider-man. The Ultimate Universe still has a Peter Parker clone running around somewhere, in addition to Spider-Woman. I don't understand why they didn't just spotlight Spider-Woman in her own series, or re-highlight the clone saga for new readers by bringing the clone Peter back so he could don the mask. And another thing I don't understand is how Spider-man died when the Human Torch and Iceman coulda/woulda backed him up.

How do three super heroes get owned that quickly? The way Spider-man died is just such a joke. In all honesty, I expect Peter Parker to come back 25 issues into the new one, not actually dead, at all. Just like they did with the Green Goblin having supposedly been shot in the head in front of a crowd of people. The only way for me to currently reconcile this is to say that Disney had a hand in this somehow, since they now own the company, and are sticking their toes in where they aren't needed.

ninja WTH?? Rewriting this my gaia just closed from no where... thinks it was what I wrote about Disney.. hahaha
"Agrees as I claps my hands to you..." Yeah and he's not just black yet half Black, half Hispanic, and you bring up a great point and a well written one also. I know this is suppose to be a new imagination of Spidey in this universe, yet they do/did have many other options to kill him in a better way, and even if they are going to make him half black/hispanic why are they also talking about making him gay later on also?? That just seems like over doing it way too much for me.. and agrees thinks It's Disneys messing up crap again...

I think you misunderstand me. It's not what the new character is or might be. It's the fact that they ignored two other characters. It's like Marvel just got high one day and completely overlooked the fact that there are two other potential "Spideys" to replace Spider-man (not to mention the fact that they were finally giving the poor Parker boy his due as a super hero; He was building up his own following in his household). I have no problem with Spider-Man being black, hispanic, asian, blasian or whatever. Or gay, for that matter, either. It's the wasted opportunity, and the very implausible death that really irks me.

Super Genius

EthelbertOddity
It's all those type of things that we who love the Spider-Man montra/personality are hopping marvel doesn't mess up with the newer on in the Ultimate Universe.. there putting to mush extra stuff in there, change his skin color is whatever, though mix in that he's of mixed cultures is a whole lot more, and his parents are still alive and he might(most likey) they say be made gay.. I mean WTH?? That a lot, which is why I made this thread, if your only hung up on the name alone you've missed the whole point of this thread and conversations...

Like I said. They already ******** Spiderman up as much as they possibly could. After One More Day, anything is an improvement.
SephRem
I think you misunderstand me. It's not what the new character is or might be. It's the fact that they ignored two other characters. It's like Marvel just got high one day and completely overlooked the fact that there are two other potential "Spideys" to replace Spider-man (not to mention the fact that they were finally giving the poor Parker boy his due as a super hero; He was building up his own following in his household). I have no problem with Spider-Man being black, hispanic, asian, blasian or whatever. Or gay, for that matter, either. It's the wasted opportunity, and the very implausible death that really irks me.

ninja Nope understood what your where talking about, only thing that bother me about the whole ethnicity thing is he's half of two really different one's and depending what hispanic half they give him, could just make for super difficult char build, for the Spider-Man name..

Example: Say they make him half black and Mexican, I know for a fact that mexican family's not all though most from Mexico are really bias with there son's or daughters marring of having children with Black Americans, they say oh sure be friends with them is fine( And that's only sometime) but "we" want you to marry a Mexican... I've had this happen being a Black American male, from all over the so called races/ethnicities.. so again say the dad's Mexican and the mothers black... the mexican culture is very much macho, the man does the work and the women cooks, cleans, and takes care of the kids & house, even if she works too... on the American Black flip of that lots of Black Females are super out spoken, bit too much at times so there's a clash right there!

Before others who read this try and jump on me.. lets say there both super liberal and understanding.. they still have those in there families that think that way... again I know this.. and just don't want them not being true or showing only the negative side these cultures.. of make Spidey into some kind of closet bigot..
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity

Like I said. They already ******** Spiderman up as much as they possibly could. After One More Day, anything is an improvement.

ninja Wow I so disagree, I understood the whole One more Day saga... remember they had started a whole nothing Saga before that one when he got the power boost, and connect it back to the other story they had going before that one hahahaha
ninja Time for my shows later gents and ladies hahaha
Updated the main one added more information that I found..

Tipsy Wolf

i wanna hug it 3nodding

Tipsy Wolf

i wanna hug um
-Gezus-x
i wanna hug um

burning_eyes Who the new Ultimate Spidey??

Demonic Defender

18,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

Venom and Eddie Brock is a winning formula but I have to disagree with Anti-Venom. Anti Venom somehow looks off in the Spiderman universe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff