Don't care about Ultimate Universe 0.065217391304348 6.5% [ 3 ]
Just hope they don't mess him up 0.3695652173913 37.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Ferrie
Miss-dark8607

I think you missed the point. I am not upset about whacky race changes. I am just saying it does nothing but try to attempt to appeal to certain demographics and just a weak PR plug. It's not like we don't have a lot of NON White characters already. Again I ask why isn't Vixen on DC getting her own series? Why the need for Black guy being Batman when we have a ton of Black heroes in the DCU?

Same with Marvel. It's just lazy and don't do much to change the current issues with the status quo as the end of the day you still have the same white guys making the same stories from their really white POV.

Edit: See my CD post here: DC want more women

SING IT.

Look man, I ain't even white. It irritates me when any medium pulls s**t like this.
They're just totally shoehorning in the diversity.
I would be a-ok if we got a minority replacement for whatever character, but as long as the replacement in question is an established character.

If we're gonna have a black Batman there has to be a ******** black Robin first.
Otherwise it's just a dumbass publicity stunt.

At this point in time, I'm a little nervous about the new Spidey.
As long as you know, they make him a good character and all, and don't pull the LOOK GUYS HE'S NOT WHITE LOOK LOOK LOOOOKKK I'll be cool with it.
I'm still sadface they killed off Pete though.
emo

ninja I was talking about the New Spider-Man Not Batman, and I said I hope they don't mess up the character by trying to just over do it... They said he was was going to be mixed, half-black half-hispanic, and then they said later on they might also make him gay.. My question is/was, why so much why not just either black or hispanic, or some other combination like Samoan & Asian or something else why hispanic and black... and the gay thing why gay? I don't understand the whole things of packing it all into one char, and Spider-Man on top of that. I just think if they did this they'd mess him up (as a great char), after all the parents well still be alive and that's going to be interesting in itself with the curfew and pushing him to do what they think he should... I just don't want them to over do and mess up my fave marvel char.. that's all there is too it...
EthelbertOddity

ninja I was talking about the New Spider-Man Not Batman, and I said I hope they don't mess up the character by trying to just over do it... They said he was was going to be mixed, half-black half-hispanic, and then they said later on they might also make him gay.. My question is/was, why so much why not just either black or hispanic, or some other combination like Samoan & Asian or something else why hispanic and black... and the gay thing why gay? I don't understand the whole things of packing it all into one char, and Spider-Man on top of that. I just think if they did this they'd mess him up (as a great char), after all the parents well still be alive and that's going to be interesting in itself with the curfew and pushing him to do what they think he should... I just don't want them to over do and mess up my fave marvel char.. that's all there is too it...

Oh I know you were talking about the new ultimate spiderman, I was just referring to the black batman thing Miss Dark mentioned in her post.
And wat, they're debating making him gay too?
Wow they're REALLY desperate for some media attention lol
Ferrie
EthelbertOddity

Oh I know you were talking about the new ultimate spiderman, I was just referring to the black batman thing Miss Dark mentioned in her post.
And wat, they're debating making him gay too?
Wow they're REALLY desperate for some media attention lol

ninja Yeah they said laters on they may make him gay.. that's why I was like alright the multicultural thing is one thing, and to top if off your going to make him gay too, now that's just too much... there's enough problems coming from being of mixed backgrounds, then throw gay into it, when one's black and the other hispanic.. is just a bit too much... just don't want the negative of those cultures coming out more then the positive ya know...
EthelbertOddity
Jager Ryu
EthelbertOddity
Jager Ryu
I kinda wish they would've at least gone with the 3rd season of Spectacular. neutral

ninja Oh no we're talking about the Comic book, in the Ultimate universe Spider-man where peter died and they're replacing him with a new nice... and I think most of use are hoping they just don't mess up the Spider-Man ideal.. with the new character...
ahh, I see. My mistake.

ninja It's alright no big thing..
awesome.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
hearing this only makes me want donald glover as spider-man for the new movie.

Super Genius

After the One More Day assraping the main Spiderman took? Nothing doine to the Ulktimate Spidey can be as bad. And it's not the first timne soneone eklse has taken up an older character's mantle. There have been four different Flashes, four different Robins, 3 Batmans . . .
amigobear v3
hearing this only makes me want donald glover as spider-man for the new movie.

ninja I think thats where they got the ideal from when he wore the custom in the show..
Lex Joseph Luthor
After the One More Day assraping the main Spiderman took? Nothing doine to the Ulktimate Spidey can be as bad. And it's not the first timne soneone eklse has taken up an older character's mantle. There have been four different Flashes, four different Robins, 3 Batmans . . .

ninja yeah but that DC and there all over the place anyway hahaha

Dangerous Visionary

Ferrie

SING IT.

Look man, I ain't even white. It irritates me when any medium pulls s**t like this.
They're just totally shoehorning in the diversity.
I would be a-ok if we got a minority replacement for whatever character, but as long as the replacement in question is an established character.

If we're gonna have a black Batman there has to be a ******** black Robin first.
Otherwise it's just a dumbass publicity stunt.

At this point in time, I'm a little nervous about the new Spidey.
As long as you know, they make him a good character and all, and don't pull the LOOK GUYS HE'S NOT WHITE LOOK LOOK LOOOOKKK I'll be cool with it.
I'm still sadface they killed off Pete though.
emo

Right. The fact that MARVEL is making a bigger deal about his race IS the problem here. It just comes off as a stunt. Yeah Joe and the gang have really been an a** to Spidey and its one of the many reasons why I have switched to DC for the time being. Yet even DC is on thin ice. I swear its like one big company.

Super Genius

EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

That's where you wanna go with this? Really? Alright, we can play that game.
Spider-Man.
Peter Parker.
Ben Reilly.
Mac Gargan.
Venom.
Eddie Brock
Mac Gargan
Flash Thompson.
A whole ton of others at various points in time.
Captain America
Steve Rogers.
William Burnside
John Walker.
Bucky Barnes.
Also a buncha others.
Green Goblin
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn
. . . and a long list of others . . .

I can keep going if you like mrgreen

Dangerous Lunatic

3,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I have no problem with Spidey being black. I do have a problem, however, with making a brand new character to take up the mantle of Spider-man. The Ultimate Universe still has a Peter Parker clone running around somewhere, in addition to Spider-Woman. I don't understand why they didn't just spotlight Spider-Woman in her own series, or re-highlight the clone saga for new readers by bringing the clone Peter back so he could don the mask. And another thing I don't understand is how Spider-man died when the Human Torch and Iceman coulda/woulda backed him up.

How do three super heroes get owned that quickly? The way Spider-man died is just such a joke. In all honesty, I expect Peter Parker to come back 25 issues into the new one, not actually dead, at all. Just like they did with the Green Goblin having supposedly been shot in the head in front of a crowd of people. The only way for me to currently reconcile this is to say that Disney had a hand in this somehow, since they now own the company, and are sticking their toes in where they aren't needed.
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

Spider-Man.
Peter Parker.
Ben Reilly.
Mac Gargan.
Venom.
Eddie Brock
Mac Gargan
Flash Thompson.
Captain America
Steve Rogers.
William Burnside
John Walker.
Bucky Barnes.
Also a buncha others.
Green Goblin
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn

ninja The one thing your forgetting about all the ones you just named if none/none of the Spiders/Venom, stayed they always went back to Pete and Brock, also one you named was a clone, and the other wasn't really Spidey just using the name somewhat..

Same goes with Captain America, and that's cause some died, or so we where lead to think... heck same goes for the Goblins.. they where all around when the main one was, and all where connected to the main hero in some way... shall I continue?? hahahaha
SephRem
I have no problem with Spidey being black. I do have a problem, however, with making a brand new character to take up the mantle of Spider-man. The Ultimate Universe still has a Peter Parker clone running around somewhere, in addition to Spider-Woman. I don't understand why they didn't just spotlight Spider-Woman in her own series, or re-highlight the clone saga for new readers by bringing the clone Peter back so he could don the mask. And another thing I don't understand is how Spider-man died when the Human Torch and Iceman coulda/woulda backed him up.

How do three super heroes get owned that quickly? The way Spider-man died is just such a joke. In all honesty, I expect Peter Parker to come back 25 issues into the new one, not actually dead, at all. Just like they did with the Green Goblin having supposedly been shot in the head in front of a crowd of people. The only way for me to currently reconcile this is to say that Disney had a hand in this somehow, since they now own the company, and are sticking their toes in where they aren't needed.

ninja WTH?? Rewriting this my gaia just closed from no where... thinks it was what I wrote about Disney.. hahaha
"Agrees as I claps my hands to you..." Yeah and he's not just black yet half Black, half Hispanic, and you bring up a great point and a well written one also. I know this is suppose to be a new imagination of Spidey in this universe, yet they do/did have many other options to kill him in a better way, and even if they are going to make him half black/hispanic why are they also talking about making him gay later on also?? That just seems like over doing it way too much for me.. and agrees thinks It's Disneys messing up crap again...

Super Genius

EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity
Lex Joseph Luthor

Spider-Man.
Peter Parker.
Ben Reilly.
Mac Gargan.
Venom.
Eddie Brock
Mac Gargan
Flash Thompson.
Captain America
Steve Rogers.
William Burnside
John Walker.
Bucky Barnes.
Also a buncha others.
Green Goblin
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn

ninja The one thing your forgetting about all the ones you just named if none/none of the Spiders/Venom, stayed they always went back to Pete and Brock, also one you named was a clone, and the other wasn't really Spidey just using the name somewhat..

Same goes with Captain America, and that's cause some died, or so we where lead to think... heck same goes for the Goblins.. they where all around when the main one was, and all where connected to the main hero in some way... shall I continue?? hahahaha

I'm not forgertting anything, but apparently you are. Brock never regained the symbiote. He's not Venom any more!

And it doesn't matter if he's "not really Spidey." He's STILL using the name. That's the whole point.
Lex Joseph Luthor
EthelbertOddity

I'm not forgertting anything, but apparently you are. Brock never regained the symbiote. He's not Venom any more!

And it doesn't matter if he's "not really Spidey." He's STILL using the name. That's the whole point.

ninja Incorrect He does have the suit again though now he's Anti-Venom, and not venom and plus the suite it's own life/force being and can go to other people. And it's more then the name Everyone.. everyone you mentioned had contact and knew the Main Char in some way, so to just pop out from no where and say this is the new Spider-Man, with out saying how he got the powers or why, he just is cause he's using the name is just foolish..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff