Don't care about Ultimate Universe 0.065217391304348 6.5% [ 3 ]
Just hope they don't mess him up 0.3695652173913 37.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

It'd be interesting to see him around Peter's friends, but also very weird.
Would they really introduce a lot of new people just for him though?

ninja I believe they'll more then likely introduce new people as for he still has his parents and all and both the hispanic and black cultures either see family a lot, like way too much or ever now and again like come home from some place and there's your uncle who you really don't know or haven't seen in forever or just don't really like hahaha

You're completely right.
That'd be interesting if his friends and family knew Peter's friends and family through another source.
ngaurhoth1
I honestly couldn't give less of a damn about his color, just so long as he is able to live up the name he is supposed to represent. Also you need another poll option, 'I don't know enough about his character to decide'.

ninja no I think the poles fine as is hahaha and I agree, just don't want them messing up my favorite superhero!
TuckyX

I don't understand. Do you not like that he's biracial?

I believe that this isn't some shallow PR stunt by Marvel. Both men have personal reasons for Miles being who he is. Marvel Editor and Chief, Joe Quesada, is Latin-American. Ultimate Spiderman writer, Brian Michael Bendis, has two adopted daughters, one is from Ethiopia and the other is African-American.

Plus, Bendis is one of the better comic book writers out there. He isn't some hollywood hack writer, and for that reason, I'm going to at least check out issue 1.

ninja No I don't dislike it, I'm just wondering why they picked that combination from so many other's they could have, also I know the new Chief & editor is latino. I'm saying I personally know both cultures and they are very different in some respects. Which is why I'm not sure which latin culture there going to pick, out of the large number of them, because not all of them would fit well, while others would fit perfectly.
For example: If they pick American Black and Mexican, some good things and some not so much..

Good: They both either really love there family or can't stand them, but well still try and be respectful.

Bad: Both can be very pigheaded and unfair to there kids, in many different ways..

Not saying that this wouldn't happen with Black and other cultures, cause it can and would, just there are more thing they can make negative then positive I think.

I mean why not make him Asian and Samoan, or Samoan and Black, or White and native American? there are so many really good combinations. Why straight to black and latino, when some latinos know there black too already, and it's no big thing??
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

It'd be interesting to see him around Peter's friends, but also very weird.
Would they really introduce a lot of new people just for him though?

ninja I believe they'll more then likely introduce new people as for he still has his parents and all and both the hispanic and black cultures either see family a lot, like way too much or ever now and again like come home from some place and there's your uncle who you really don't know or haven't seen in forever or just don't really like hahaha

You're completely right.
That'd be interesting if his friends and family knew Peter's friends and family through another source.

ninja Yeah I know it gives them a great number of different stories to go with, just hope they don't overkill it with the family, and stuff...
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

You're completely right.

ninja Yeah I know it gives them a great number of different stories to go with, just hope they don't overkill it with the family, and stuff...

What if one of his siblings turned out to have an alter ego as well? eek
Like someone we already know....
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

You're completely right.

What if one of his siblings turned out to have an alter ego as well? eek
Like someone we already know....

ninja If he has them, they could make him an only child with loads of cousins around his age or older that test him, just because there jealous of him being smart and what not...
EthelbertOddity

ninja If he has them, they could make him an only child with loads of cousins around his age or older that test him, just because there jealous of him being smart and what not...

We could write our own comic book series with him with all of our ideas. cool
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity

ninja Hahahah true but it'll be for adults only cause i want blood, and really horrible stuff and psychological drama way up there.. like hormones the way they attack real teens and young adults.. hahaha
EthelbertOddity
TuckyX

I believe that this isn't some shallow PR stunt by Marvel. Both men have personal reasons for Miles being who he is. Marvel Editor and Chief, Joe Quesada, is Latin-American. Ultimate Spiderman writer, Brian Michael Bendis, has two adopted daughters, one is from Ethiopia and the other is African-American.

Plus, Bendis is one of the better comic book writers out there. He isn't some hollywood hack writer, and for that reason, I'm going to at least check out issue 1.

ninja No I don't dislike it, I'm just wondering why they picked that combination from so many other's they could have, also I know the new Chief & editor is latino. I'm saying I personally know both cultures and they are very different in some respects. Which is why I'm not sure which latin culture there going to pick, out of the large number of them, because not all of them would fit well, while others would fit perfectly.
For example: If they pick American Black and Mexican, some good things and some not so much..

Good: They both either really love there family or can't stand them, but well still try and be respectful.

Bad: Both can be very pigheaded and unfair to there kids, in many different ways..

Not saying that this wouldn't happen with Black and other cultures, cause it can and would, just there are more thing they can make negative then positive I think.

I mean why not make him Asian and Samoan, or Samoan and Black, or White and native American? there are so many really good combinations. Why straight to black and latino, when some latinos know there black too already, and it's no big thing??

Miles is half hispanic, not latino. To some, it makes a difference.

Dangerous Visionary

EthelbertOddity
Miss-dark8607
Captain No-Shoes
The most retarded part of this is they are trying to appeal to a demographic that has absolutley no interest in reading comics.

Umm I'm not a white guy and I read comics. Most of the people at my LCS aren't white either. Hell my LCS is run by a Latino and Asian.

ninja What does LCS stand for cause my minds just racing, plus he might be from a small town or suborned and not have many people of color as it where around him, lets not be to harsh....

Local comic shop and no this is a growing problem within the media and fandom. I am so sick of hearing people thinking that comics and/or video games are hobbies of middle class white guys. While the gaming landscape is slightly changing (thanks to Nintendo, Apple, and FB) still its just annoying how that stereotype is repeated over and over again as its never been all that true in the first place.
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

ninja Hahahah true but it'll be for adults only cause i want blood, and really horrible stuff and psychological drama way up there.. like hormones the way they attack real teens and young adults.. hahaha

So you want fight and love scenes then?
TuckyX
EthelbertOddity
TuckyX

Miles is half hispanic, not latino. To some, it makes a difference.

ninja oh yeah I understand what ya saying, and that'll be another just big issues in and of it self..
Twisted_Misery
EthelbertOddity
Twisted_Misery

So you want fight and love scenes then?

ninja not i want dept of char, meaning like the og spidey, not always wanting to fight, liking a person and really having the whole mixed feelings about to go after them or not cause he's got this whole hidden life, having to give a reason why, he's been beat up and ect....
Miss-dark8607
EthelbertOddity
Miss-dark8607
Captain No-Shoes
The most retarded part of this is they are trying to appeal to a demographic that has absolutley no interest in reading comics.

Umm I'm not a white guy and I read comics. Most of the people at my LCS aren't white either. Hell my LCS is run by a Latino and Asian.

ninja What does LCS stand for cause my minds just racing, plus he might be from a small town or suborned and not have many people of color as it where around him, lets not be to harsh....

Local comic shop and no this is a growing problem within the media and fandom. I am so sick of hearing people thinking that comics and/or video games are hobbies of middle class white guys. While the gaming landscape is slightly changing (thanks to Nintendo, Apple, and FB) still its just annoying how that stereotype is repeated over and over again as its never been all that true in the first place.

ninja I hear ya, though the main stream media in america almost never shows the truth in the first place, so don't let it bug you, watch c-span and cnn or the bbc news for real around the world news.

aND I agree with the Nintendo part not too show about the apple or facebook though, even though i dislike it a lot i'd say more youtube and just the internet over all helps. balance the truth..

Dangerous Visionary

EthelbertOddity

ninja I hear ya, though the main stream media in america almost never shows the truth in the first place, so don't let it bug you, watch c-span and cnn or the bbc news for real around the world news.

aND I agree with the Nintendo part not too show about the apple or facebook though, even though i dislike it a lot i'd say more youtube and just the internet over all helps. balance the truth..

Er. It's not the mainstream media actually although yeah they play a role. It's MARVEL, DC, and the publish companies thinking this way. THAT'S the issue. Anyway yeah. That's my beef but I'm happy they are finally trying to expand their readership. Even though that readership has been there for decades.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff