Welcome to Gaia! ::

i love totoro and the little sooties!

<3 1 100.0% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
1 2 >

edit** please send me a message if you'd like to know where to get one of these adorable creatures! <3

so, my boyfriend and i are big fans of miyazaki and studio ghibli movies, and we especially love my neighbour totoro. it brings back a lot of nostalgic childhood memories for me, and re-watching the movie inspired us to design some 3D printed soot sprites.

he did the designing in a 3d program called catia, we sent the design to the 3D printing company (it's called Shapeways), and they 3D printed our design for us!

the soot sprites are made out of black sandstone, with white and green detailling for the eyes.

check it out:
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

aren't they so cute hiding in the succulents?! :3

what is everyone's favourite thing about my neighbour totoro? or any other ghibli movie?

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Those are pretty cute, but I'd be more impressed if they could do a life sized Totoro. emotion_dowant
The Fullmetal Narcissist
Those are pretty cute, but I'd be more impressed if they could do a life sized Totoro. emotion_dowant

oh boy, i could only imagine how expensive a life-sized totoro would be.. i'm not sure how big they're able to make things, but if you could design a life-sized totoro, there's a good chance they'd make it for you. you just need to be willing to pay for it. ;p it'd be pretty cool though!

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Cute! 4laugh I've been thinking of making soot sprite cookies.
Clover_IceQueen
Cute! 4laugh I've been thinking of making soot sprite cookies.

ooh that sounds so adorable and yummy! :3

Clockwork Alchemist

34,775 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • ...to every story! 25
  • Low-Rank Private 25
Those are ADORABLE.

I love the susuwatari. And kodama. And the cat bus, and calcifer and---... I love them all.

I always thought that my second tattoo would be kodama, but I also like the idea of the susuwatari as well.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
They look really cute heart
Keels
Those are ADORABLE.

I love the susuwatari. And kodama. And the cat bus, and calcifer and---... I love them all.

I always thought that my second tattoo would be kodama, but I also like the idea of the susuwatari as well.

omg i LOVE calcifer! he is so cute :3
the kodama are pretty adorable, but yeah i think the little sootie babies are mega cute. what is your first tattoo of?
Plinti
They look really cute heart

thanks!!

i wonder if anyone would be interested in actually buying your own soot sprites from shapeways? C:
please let me know!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces