Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Seeker

What do you think of the first half of Mushishi's second season as compared to the original one?

To be honest, I've felt a little disappointed with it so far (I've finished the first half) even though I'm elated that the series has been continued. It's been a while since I watched the first season and admit that my memory of it could be a bit rusty on the details as such, but it seems like the first had a lot more episodes in which Ginko didn't immediately know what mushi was responsible or what exactly was happening. That was a fun part of the show because of the added mystery involved that he slowly had to solve over the course of each episode. However, this new season so far seems to be missing that for the most part. It seems like Ginko tends to be more of a bystander/observer who often already knows what mushi is causing the particular problem, and the rest of the episode displays how the stated problem develops and how it is eventually resolved.

It's still nice to watch what with the new mushi introduced, beautiful scenery, interesting characters, generally mellow mood, and shunning the all too common theme of good vs bad in a lot of media (when the mushi do something harmful, it's not made out to be because they're evil, rather just doing what they do), but because of the above issue, it feels like it has lost some of its magic.

Thoughts, feelings, impressions?

Dapper Dabbler

I ate it up, I love it. I want more! I love Mushishi.

Timid Genius

I get what you're saying and it makes sense.
The thing is... I didn't think about details like that when I was watching the second season. It's probably because I was too busy rejoicing over the fact that Mushishi had a second season whee

Shy Seeker

Any other opinions on this?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas