Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spirited Wildcat

13,900 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Anything Miyazaki!
Well I guess Hotarubi no Mori e? The ending didn't really satisfy me, to be honest. I cried way too much and it was too sudden.
I didn't know I wanted pompoko to be a series but then uchouten kazoku came out

a tv adaptation of the nausicaa manga would be pretty cool to see
same with akira

but as far as original movies go...
angels egg? redline?
Redline.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Yeah, Summer Wars was pretty cool. I feel like it would have been better as a series than a movie because it would give a little more time for the characters to develop more. It was still good as a movie, though. Just saying.

Partying Reveler

So As I Pray
Most of the time I'd rather they stay as movies. Some of them don't translate well to a series.

This. Though if were talking series condensed into movies Gurren Lagann was really ******** good as 2 movies. The series was a bit boring at times, but the movies hell yeah .

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Most of the time I'd rather they stay as movies. Some of them don't translate well to a series.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Hm sometimes.. but then I realize that it probably wouldn't turn out how I imagined it and it's best to be happy with what I have. ;o;

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mugetsu Ookamiza
The Fullmetal Narcissist
Yeah... I kind of wish there was a series for Vampire Hunter D, so that the series of novels could be properly explored in a new medium.
they've actually talked about that at least a couple times, but nothing has come out of it sadly.

Oh well... It's never too late to hope.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Fullmetal Narcissist
Yeah... I kind of wish there was a series for Vampire Hunter D, so that the series of novels could be properly explored in a new medium.
they've actually talked about that at least a couple times, but nothing has come out of it sadly.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Gundam F91 should've gotten to be the series it was intended to be in the first place. :/

Dangerous Browser

I don't remember the name of the movie but it was an interesting concept and I would have liked to have seen other character stories and so forth.

Basically it follows an actress on her journey to bettering her career and becoming closer with her son. She is given a drug which takes her into a cartoon reality to experience "something of the future" and the reason why her employers want her to change her contract to becoming simply a voice actor. Other things that happen is her priority of the health of her son and eventually she is pushed into the cartoon world. The drug stopped people seeing what our real world was coming to and they were fed lies to not experience the truth. The world became a bin and people were living luxury in their minds all down to this drug. Being who they wanted and where they wanted.

Not really sure what else ...

Enduring Ally

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Noble Shade 100
Anime movie as a series?

It will have to be Gundam F91. It DID start out as a TV series, but Sunrise (and apparently Bandai) executive meddling whittled it down first to a proposed OVA, then finally just one blithering movie covering just about 1/5 of the original series episode plot. If they can expand this, it will make for a better lead-in to the manga story sequel, Crossbone Gundam.
random-man-will
So anyone else here ever watch a movie which is just a one shot movie and wish it was a series? I DVR'd Summer Wars last night because I love that movie, and part of me does wish it had at least a 13 episode series to accompany it.

Well Summer Wars is heavily based off the first Digimon Movie, the plot is nearly identical. People would be complaining about that, also depending on how the work in their avatars people would just call it a rip off of Digimon and Megaman NT Warrior
So anyone else here ever watch a movie which is just a one shot movie and wish it was a series? I DVR'd Summer Wars last night because I love that movie, and part of me does wish it had at least a 13 episode series to accompany it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff