Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dafthank
I recently re-read and re-watched all of Chobits recently, and I came to the conclusion that the manga tells a better overall and more entertaining story than the anime.

Are there any other Mangas out there that are better than their anime counterparts?

P.S. I would say the same thing for GTO as well.

Granted that if you consider the fact that 90% of anime are based of Manga I would assume that the latter provide a better satisfaction then its animated counterpart. After all Manga comes directly from the creator's point of view, how he/she would want their work to look like. Anime is kind iffy.
The creator only has a say on it and mostly its animators and directors who call the shots in the anime.
Also theres that factor that some anime come from just a recently released manga title and that at times the anime surpasses the original storyline, so heres the catch. Animators have to come up with their OWN ideas and that practically itself makes the rift between anime and manga counterpart a lot bigger.
naruto is a vary good mangyi like it
Dafthank
I recently re-read and re-watched all of Chobits recently, and I came to the conclusion that the manga tells a better overall and more entertaining story than the anime.

Are there any other Mangas out there that are better than their anime counterparts?

P.S. I would say the same thing for GTO as well.

Agree with GTO.. the manga is better.. And I think Dragon Ball is better on the manga too..
all i need is money
I definetly like the mangas better. although it it nice to just site back and watch the show sometimes too.
Animes tend to cut out a lot of important or funny parts from the manga as well as change some of the names or downplay certain events. They also, as many people have said, take away from the creative aspect of reading a manga. For instance, what the characters voice should sound like. American dubs tend to be not so great with picking voices for characers xD in my opinion.
-+- N3ko S4ku

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
inuyasha. it's not as long and it doesn't have all the crappy filler in it.
i think DNAngel

Anxious Duck

Yeah, the mangas are usually better than the anime, because they're the original author's story, not the anime storywriter's story. Good examples are...

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Spiral
- Beyblade
- Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Fruits basket. The manga is 16 volumes long and the anime only goes to volume six. How horrable is that?! That's ten volumes that they left out! TEN! Pluse I find the art is better in manga becuase it's all in black and white (except for the few pages that are randomely in colour)
GetBakers manga is much better then the anime. The anime is all right though.
it depends
I love the Naruto manga a lot more than the anime but animes can be good to...i prefer the Fullmetal Alchemist anime...well, maybe cause i just saw the movie that just came out xd
Gravitation is better in the manga version redface
The Story In Chrono Crusade is still the same but they moved it around. The Little girl was never in the back story and the drawing in the manga is really beautiful.

Then Theres Angelic Layer, The Anime ending is changed. In the Anime She Wins and in the manga she loses. All in all Both Stroies are really good.
i would say naruto and most of CLAMP's manga is better in manga and not anime

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces