American Comics 0.038461538461538 3.8% [ 17 ]
Both 0.24660633484163 24.7% [ 109 ]
Neither 0.018099547511312 1.8% [ 8 ]
Euro comics is the way to go!! 0.024886877828054 2.5% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 442 ]
This poll closed on March 27, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11 >

Of course manga since the artstyle in the comics is awesome and unlike American comics, manga aims at different age groups.
Manga is better american comics are sometimes realy stupid. but mangas always fun.
BlizzardWarrior
Manga is better american comics are sometimes realy stupid. but mangas always fun.
I find a lot of manga stupid as well.
manga way better
American comics are ok but I don't read many American comics - I did in the past but now I only read mangas - their soo much cooler and much better drawn
I read both, but I generally like the art style and plots of manga better than those of American comics.
i like manga better because:
i dont like tights
i like the way manga is read(backwards)
the art is better
i like the story lines more
American comics are too childish. Manga is the ONLY graphic novel worth reading.
manga is the only way to go.
jono tichimaro

Want to kill some jews while you're at it?
I don't like how you're asking which is superior. I think they're both just fine... It's all a matter of preference. Me? I like Manga better. But that's just me. Don't say that Manga is superior to our comics. *kicks jono* No it isn't. *punts Priest of Odd* No they're not! *slaps Chibi Mushi* Some of the art in X-Men is superior to most manga art. It has more detail sometimes.
Maiadorn
jono tichimaro

Want to kill some jews while you're at it?

*comes up behind Maiadorn and growls at jono from over Maiadorn's shoulder* "Grrrr..."
Naruto the nine tails
manga way better

you way stupid

Or at least grammatically challenged.
I tend to enjoy comics more myself. Manga, at least from where I stand, is generally overspecialize. We have one all about action, one all about drama, one all about romance, one all about comedy.

While that's nice, I like a little variety. American comics tend to run for years, so they're FORCED o include a little of each.

Granted, sometimes they fail and it sucks, but such is life... And Mango...

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I recently started reading American comics. I just got over my n00b-taku stage about 6-8 months ago, so I naturally shunned all things that were not Japanese. The ones I have read are very good, and I enjoy them just as much, if not more, than the manga I read.

Many people saying manga is better have never read American comics, or the only ones they read were about muscular superheros. News flash: Not all American comics are about muscular superheros saving the day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff