Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Shirtless Man-Lover

8,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Arcadel
Sexy. It's not so much that they CAN'T be sexy, it's more that it's an odd adjective to use to describe a drawing. When you go to drawing forums, and you critique a person's drawings, do you describe it as sexy? Or do you say "it's well drawn" or "It's a cute drawing."

I would hope the latter. Sexy is an adjective that is meant for real life humans. Personifying a drawing with adjectives such as sexy is, in a sense, incorrect usage of the word. If one could use sexy anyplace to anything like this, I could say many things are sexy, and it wouldn't make any sense.

"This meatloaf is sexy"
"That's a sexy, sexy Mona Lisa."

Have you ever described the Mona Lisa as sexy? It's a great and famous painting, not a sexy painting.
Great point. It would make a lot more sense to describe anime characters as "well-drawn" than it would to call them "sexy".
Kyari Miko
Arcadel
Sexy. It's not so much that they CAN'T be sexy, it's more that it's an odd adjective to use to describe a drawing. When you go to drawing forums, and you critique a person's drawings, do you describe it as sexy? Or do you say "it's well drawn" or "It's a cute drawing."

I would hope the latter. Sexy is an adjective that is meant for real life humans. Personifying a drawing with adjectives such as sexy is, in a sense, incorrect usage of the word. If one could use sexy anyplace to anything like this, I could say many things are sexy, and it wouldn't make any sense.

"This meatloaf is sexy"

Have you ever described the Mona Lisa as sexy? It's a great and famous painting, not a sexy painting.
Great point. It would make a lot more sense to describe anime characters as "well-drawn" than it would to call them "sexy".
Then why can't people who say "I don't think an anime characters can be sexy." simply say what Arcadel said?

Shirtless Man-Lover

8,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Arcadel

"This meatloaf is sexy"

Then why can't people who say "I don't think an anime characters can be sexy." simply say what Arcadel said?
I don't know... Because they're too lazy to type that much? o_o
Kyari Miko
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Arcadel

"This meatloaf is sexy"

Well, perhaps people should just take that quote from Arcadel from now on, instead of saying "Anime characters can't be sexy." It would make more sense and they could still be lazy.
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Arcadel

"This meatloaf is sexy"

Well, perhaps people should just take that quote from Arcadel from now on, instead of saying "Anime characters can't be sexy." It would make more sense and they could still be lazy.

XD...you flatter me. Alas, many people fail to read posts when it comes to voicing themselves.
Arcadel
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Arcadel

"This meatloaf is sexy"

XD...you flatter me. Alas, many people fail to read posts when it comes to voicing themselves.

Yes, when they don't read the first post they make themselves look like idiots. They think they know what's it about but they really don't.
Arcadel
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Lady_Mariah009
Kyari Miko
Arcadel

"This meatloaf is sexy"

^^;; So true.
That's why I tend to avoid threads with more than 5 or so pages...I don't feel like having to understand that much to get a firm grip on the conversation.
Arcadel
That's why I tend to avoid threads with more than 5 or so pages...I don't feel like having to understand that much to get a firm grip on the conversation.

Ah, I see.
Arcadel
That makes sense, I suppose.
I've made a topic like this, and so have a few other people. It's still well done, though.
Mayumi Tenshi
I've made a topic like this, and so have a few other people. It's still well done, though.

Woot! Mariah has just been praised by the Miz. xd

You have? I don't remember seeing it, how long was it ago?
Chaotic Crescent
Mayumi Tenshi

Woot! Mariah has just been praised by the Miz. xd

You have? I don't remember seeing it, how long was it ago?
Back when I was Miz. Might've been March.
I think they can be sexy. ...This is completely off topic, but one day, they will create a machine so that you can insert a picture into it, and a holographic version of that picture will appear, and it can move, talk, and use profane language around your parents. ...The creators will get lots of money from the anime fangirls, won't they? Errr...Back on topic, I think anything can be considered sexy. Even your mouse pad. Or your computer. It depends if the person is mentally stable or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff