Welcome to Gaia! ::

Morbid Gnome
Shadowix
Morbid Gnome
I'm not even going to bother. You and I have fought about this subject too many times. Nothing new will be said. Nothing will come out of another argument.

Whaaaat? Teh Morbid Goddess turning down a challenge!?

Just kidding. I love you anyway heart . And I love your threads. That's why I post pointlessly in them.

I should shut up now...

Yes. I have turned down a challenge because it is pointless. I will always like dubs. Solar will always hate them.

Umm, it's all fine and dandy if you don't want to respond to my post... But could you please point out which statements in it are irreconcilable subjective opinion? ^^;;

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Solar
Morbid Gnome
Shadowix
Morbid Gnome
I'm not even going to bother. You and I have fought about this subject too many times. Nothing new will be said. Nothing will come out of another argument.

Whaaaat? Teh Morbid Goddess turning down a challenge!?

Just kidding. I love you anyway heart . And I love your threads. That's why I post pointlessly in them.

I should shut up now...

Yes. I have turned down a challenge because it is pointless. I will always like dubs. Solar will always hate them.

Umm, it's all fine and dandy if you don't want to respond to my post... But could you please point out which statements in it are irreconcilable subjective opinion? ^^;;

Umm... no. I can't be bothered.
whee

Ahh the mute button. Ever so usefull, ever so unused.

I'm angry at the way translated anime comes out because it's depreciation of an art form. It's like taken beethoven's unfinished symphony and adding generic thug rap to it, or putting pants on Micheangelo's David.

Other than that, it's not a problem. But I'd really like it if American companies took anime bit more seriously. They are not like western cartoons which rely on running gags.

Indeed you have said what many of us could only think, further more... Ummmm... sweatdrop Actully... Few names in anime are seven syllables, this one's last name may look long but it is only for characters in Japanese, thus four syllables, plus if they did use Japanese names it would give the children alittle bit more of a broudened mind.
And thing I say next, I say as my real self and not Tenshi, For those of you who have foreign names, didn't you hate it when people in school Americanized your name, its the name you were given! Its an insult to who you are, and I'm sure some makers of anime feel insulted when something they put their souls into get changed in America.
::kills over:: I need more info on the NARUTO DUBB! ::wants to die::

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
OldSchoolTrent
::kills over:: I need more info on the NARUTO DUBB! ::wants to die::

That was a joke....
In Soviet Russia, Anime watches dubs you.
Tenshi Matsumura

Uh....huh......
Tenshi Matsumura

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one ^-^
I still can't believe Naruto is going to be Ninja Acadamy...

XD
me either sweatdrop

XD
(This might be old post but I want to say something...) Okay, why can't you? Cause I can... as long as they don't change his name... besides Ninja Academy makes more sense (though I still want to hurt Viz for calling it Ninja Centerfold)... the reason why... do you know what Naruto translates in English...? (Fish cake... you know those white and pink swirls you find in noodles... thats a Naruto...)...

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
DKnight Zero

XD
(This might be old post but I want to say something...) Okay, why can't you? Cause I can... as long as they don't change his name... besides Ninja Academy makes more sense (though I still want to hurt Viz for calling it Ninja Centerfold)... the reason why... do you know what Naruto translates in English...? (Fish cake... you know those white and pink swirls you find in noodles... thats a Naruto...)...

She can... she was joking.
DKnight Zero

XD

Do be sure to read all the posts, that way you won't look stupid.
Morbid Gnome
DKnight Zero

XD

She can... she was joking.
Damn you jokes... I wasted a good moment of thought... (I wonder what would happen if I put three pounds of gunpowder in the middle of the Viz main office, throw a lit match on it and run... ^^ )

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Maiadorn
DKnight Zero

XD

Do be sure to read all the posts, that way you won't look stupid.

True true.
Morbid Gnome
Umm... no. I can't be bothered.

Ah, my mistake then... lol :p
DKnight Zero

luckily it isn't happening... And actually, "Naruto" has several meanings:
1) Maelstrom.
2) Fishcake.
3) Any of several different Japanese proper and given names.

In this case (there's a character named Naruto), the name of the show is just his name... I don't see why they'd need to change that relationship... Besides, everyone referencing that is just being a jackass... It's not happening, it was an April Fools' joke that for some reason the people in this forum don't have the mental capacity to let die... *sigh*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff