Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this tidbit of information interesting?

Yes 0.74460431654676 74.5% [ 207 ]
No 0.25539568345324 25.5% [ 71 ]
Total Votes:[ 278 ]
This poll closed on March 26, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 >

Was just reading a thread on anime facts, and was hoping to see this in there, but I didn't. So I decided to post this about what I have observed. 3nodding

It seems, in almost every anime I have ever watched, there is a cat. Not like a cat-girl or a black cat crossing a person's path, but a cat in some shape or form. If you pay close attention to your anime, there is (almost) always a cat somewhere. Sometimes it's a picture, sometimes it's a statue, and sometimes it's a cat-girl. But it's there, somewhere deep within the series. ^_^

Now, the only way I can reason with this is that it was purposely put in there to give that particular series some luck (one thing about cats in Japan is that they are believed to be lucky, but I don't know too much about it).

Anyways, if you guys think that was interesting, or if there was fault in what I said, post away! heart
Seems like no one cares. eek <eyes the lack of views>
That's a lot of p***y.

Err..

Yeah, I have noticed that. 3nodding
Named after the cat MiyuMiyu from FLCL wink
Best anime cat ever: Kuroneko
The Dictator

I have to disagree. Moogi, the cat from the Dirty Pair Originals was far superior. xd Not only was it nearly as big as a person...it could fly the spaceship! ...Sorta.

Oh, and there's also Michael from 'What's Michael?' sweatdrop
Chizuko
The Dictator

I have to disagree. Moogi, the cat from the Dirty Pair Originals was far superior. xd Not only was it nearly as big as a person...it could fly the spaceship! ...Sorta.

Alright, I will admit you give a good point, but I'm sticking to what I've said. As much as I like the other two and all, any depressing Trigun episode you watch, Kuroneko makes it all the better. xd
The Dictator
Chizuko
The Dictator

Alright, I will admit you give a good point, but I'm sticking to what I've said. As much as I like the other two and all, any depressing Trigun episode you watch, Kuroneko makes it all the better. xd

Fair enough, fair enough. xd heart
interesting... ninja
I can explain why on the statues. At least those statues with the coin and the paw up. Those are real things for asian businesses, supposed to bring luck. ((And they have expiration dates))

But, I can't say I'd noticed that. I'll have to pay better attention to the backgrounds in stuff. smile
Pyro_Warrior
interesting... ninja

Yes. Very interesting indeed... ninja
i`ve noticed you cutie-pie kaolla
hellsing probly my most favorite anime
Hm~! Never knew that!
Weird! ^^
I like Kyo from Fruits Basket! >_< heart

domokun
I think the cat from Azumanga is cooler.

I mean... very few small kittens can pwn an athletic star, raise an army AND open it's mouth to 5 times the size of its body.
I think Kuroneko is better, mainly because HE WAS BASED OFF AN ACTUAL CAT!

that outta the way, I love cats in anime. I love anime about cats. Try Neko no Ongaishi (The Cat Returns). Studio Ghibli's finest in my opinion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff