Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
So another retelling of Persona 4 using anime. But this time of Persona 4 Golden. The PS Vita update to one of the best RPG's ever made and probably one of the best PS2 Games

The first animation series had some issues with pacing and definitely needed more than 26 episodes to do the games justice. so who knows what will happen when there is only twelve for this series

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I considered the first anime to be no substitute for the game and its story, but a very nice supplement to it. I think it kind of assumes most of its viewers have already played the game, so it glosses over a lot of the plot points, but adds in some interesting things: namely, the interesting bit during the fight with Mitsuo Kubo, and some character interactions not including the main character. Also the Aiya delivery girl.

Edit: Oh, right, this topic was supposed to be about Golden. XP I played the original Persona 4, but since I have no desire whatsoever for a Vita, I've never played Golden. I don't know if the Golden anime will be a decent substitute for the additional content in Golden, but after playing through Persona 4 three or four times already, I can't say I have much interest in playing through it again just for the additional content in Golden, so I think the anime will have to do for me. I don't think I like Marie so far - her design feels like just a big mishmash of various fetish clothes, and it seems they're going full tsundere with her, which is a real pet peeve of mine. But maybe she'll grow on me. After just one episode, I can't say much about the whole new show, but so far so good. Looking forward to more.

Aged Codger

Sadist Sedated
I considered the first anime to be no substitute for the game and its story, but a very nice supplement to it. I think it kind of assumes most of its viewers have already played the game, so it glosses over a lot of the plot points, but adds in some interesting things: namely, the interesting bit during the fight with Mitsuo Kubo, and some character interactions not including the main character. Also the Aiya delivery girl.

Edit: Oh, right, this topic was supposed to be about Golden. XP I played the original Persona 4, but since I have no desire whatsoever for a Vita, I've never played Golden. I don't know if the Golden anime will be a decent substitute for the additional content in Golden, but after playing through Persona 4 three or four times already, I can't say I have much interest in playing through it again just for the additional content in Golden, so I think the anime will have to do for me. I don't think I like Marie so far - her design feels like just a big mishmash of various fetish clothes, and it seems they're going full tsundere with her, which is a real pet peeve of mine. But maybe she'll grow on me. After just one episode, I can't say much about the whole new show, but so far so good. Looking forward to more.

I think Golden is quite a bit of an improvement over the original game, mostly because I like Chie's new voice a lot better. But yes, Marie is worst thing about Golden.

The Golden anime is taking the NG+ route, as you can see that Yu is swag as ******** and blows shadows the ******** out with an Izanagi using Maziodyne and Megidolaon. Should be entertaining supplementary material to watch.

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Sadist Sedated

Yeah I should really see the animation as a supplement to the video game. But it just bugs me a bit, I thought the video games story was excellent not to mention the way it delve in to topics such as gender and sexual identity with a sense of maturity and humour. Plus the social link aspect made me really grow to love the characters as they grew out of the trope they seemed to represent. The anime series in my mind whilst still good could of been so much more as it just glosses over what made the games fantastic. But the things going during Mitsuo's fight really did help flesh out Yu as he just a vessel for the player during the game

I will give credit for the anime capturing the same level of humour if not improving on it

Yeah I totally agree with you on Marie's clothing there and the tsundere part. But I think I would initially be a tad distrustful or cold with people if I had amnesia : P I haven't played the Vita version myself but I've watched LP's and other stuff on YouTube

When I was watching the first episode though. I was trying to work out if Yu was also aware of the fact that he was in essence replaying the game. The stuff that he would come out with and overall tone and expression gave me the impression that he was very knowing of what was going on and what will happen

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Alkaide
Sadist Sedated

I think Golden is quite a bit of an improvement over the original game, mostly because I like Chie's new voice a lot better. But yes, Marie is worst thing about Golden.

The Golden anime is taking the NG+ route, as you can see that Yu is swag as ******** and blows shadows the ******** out with an Izanagi using Maziodyne and Megidolaon. Should be entertaining supplementary material to watch.

Oh the NG+ route. That explains alot. I thought Yu was way to knowing about things, like how he dealt with King Moron XD
I don't understand why people are so against Marie. I don't think she's that bad; I like her a lot. 0_0

Golden the anime isn't that bad either as long as people know the original story. I really enjoyed the recent beach scene episode.

EDIT: I didn't particularly enjoy her prior to Soul Link 5, but I think she gets better late game.

west_haven's Husbando

Mind-boggling Detective

I'm pretty excited to see this anime, I did enjoy the first P4 anime when it came out. Jeez, it's been a while since I've seen it, I definitely need to rewatch it. Hell, I need to replay the game too....!

Beloved Shapeshifter

Kite Triblade
So another retelling of Persona 4 using anime. But this time of Persona 4 Golden. The PS Vita update to one of the best RPG's ever made and probably one of the best PS2 Games

The first animation series had some issues with pacing and definitely needed more than 26 episodes to do the games justice. so who knows what will happen when there is only twelve for this series
Ok, 12 episodes sounds much better than the 26 episodes I falsely was under the impression of it being. sweatdrop

So, what I do like is that they seem like they can be used as supplement episodes in some cases and I'm digging the Slice of Life route they're going for, which may offset things when we get to Marie's dungeon/fight, being a bit of a concern I have. Really, the first episode felt like a rehash with Marie drawn in, but it actually helps set things a bit for the background. The flaw is, right now, we're already in August. I don't know what to think on that because while I think that putting the battles in would have been too repetitive, it just feels weird.

Though, seeing Kanji in seaweed was fantastic~
I'm beginning to believe that Yu x Marie is canon. ninja

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Eistir

Possibly but to be fair the first P4A was pretty good at baiting the audience in regards to romances. Nothing was declared canon but from what I remember any ship involving Yu had hints. Even YuxYosuke could be justified if you're in to that.

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
          I didn't know they were retelling when I started the Golden animation, so I was surprised and kinda slightly disappointed when I realized it started from the beginning, it felt like resetting your game or something. Like, no one knew him yet again! I really liked the first Persona 4 anime though.

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Kite Triblade
Eistir

Possibly but to be fair the first P4A was pretty good at baiting the audience in regards to romances. Nothing was declared canon but from what I remember any ship involving Yu had hints. Even YuxYosuke could be justified if you're in to that.
          Yuu x Yousuke is very justified. Js.

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Ryumance
          I didn't know they were retelling when I started the Golden animation, so I was surprised and kinda slightly disappointed when I realized it started from the beginning, it felt like resetting your game or something. Like, no one knew him yet again! I really liked the first Persona 4 anime though.

I can see your disappointment but Golden Animation is pretty much a replay of Persona 4A complete with Yu having perfect stats and uber strong personas. Its like the anime equivalent of a speed run except with some bonuses like the beach episode that was just on last episode smile

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Kite Triblade

I can see your disappointment but Golden Animation is pretty much a replay of Persona 4A complete with Yu having perfect stats and uber strong personas. Its like the anime equivalent of a speed run except with some bonuses like the beach episode that was just on last episode smile

Yeah, I understood after a bit that it was something like that. Yuu kinda felt like he was tiny more cheeky too somewhat.
Ryumance
Kite Triblade

Yeah, I understood after a bit that it was something like that. Yuu kinda felt like he was tiny more cheeky too somewhat.

Kite Triblade

I wouldn't really say that P4GtA is a full replay of the game. First off, I think that the first episode was there to blend Marie in a bit more and show that Yu is in NG+ with max stats. Secondly, this anime is better known as "Marie Social Link the Animation."

Kite Triblade
Eistir

Eh. You're prob right. But considering how this is Marie Social Link the Animation and a couple people assuming that Marie and Yu are dating, I hope it goes love the route anyway. <_<; If not, I'm still looking forward to the ticking chocolate during Valentine's Day and the Hollow Forest. xD Time will tell when Yu maxes out Marie. ninja

EDIT: By far, the animation on Golden is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the original. Jeebus, dat double Chie. <_>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff