Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Browser

I watched the anime for DR, but I read the Let's Play for SDR2.

My favorite character was definitely Sakura :')

The other two questions are actually answered if you read super dangan ronpa 2! I loved sdr2 and the characters were so much more interesting than dangan ronpa in my opinion

I really want to go through and read the DR Let's Play, and all the extra manga stuff haha

Bro

The game was a LOT better than the animation.
The animation was so rushed and awful, I would have liked it to have had more character development and ACTUAL reasoning to WHY the characters found the clues, like in the games.
To be honest, I'm dreading the animation for DR2.

Also favourite character is Hajime Hinata.
You gotta love a pessimistic protagonist.

Bashful Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
musicalcats30

dangan ronpa is a game with two parts currently, so i think the anime might get a season two! in season two they have the same setting and plot just different and better characters.
my favorite character was asahina hhh i love her..i also rlly liked fukawa too !!
and for sdr2, the second game, my fav was owari and i also loved komaeda

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,925 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Who is you favorite character?
Naegi. I have a thing for awkward protagonists.

Do you think Monokuma is actually alive or someone is controlling him again?
B) I won't spoil SDR2

What do you think the world is like outside?
I like to imagine that it's on a path to recovery after all the destruction Junko triggered. Cities are in ruins, but humanity is rising back up and the air isn't as toxic as Junko lead them to believe.

Like the few anime I've watched that were based on video games, it leaves something to be desired. It covers all the major points but only brushes the surface of minor interactions outside of the main plot line. The animation was subpar, but at least matched the style of the game for the most part. I love that they kept the simplified style of the execution scenes.

There will certainly be a season covering SDR2. They wouldn't have thrown Monomi in at the end if they weren't certain.

Alien Cosmonaut

I can't stand the fandom's glorification of murder and the fandom's disgusting behaviour made me hate the series, honestly.

But I love Togami, because I love snobby rich a-holes. Especially if they wear glasses too. Also, he's adorably chubby in the second game, from what I've seen.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Mmm let's see... my favorite characters in the first game/anime would be Kyoko Kirigiri. I also liked Sayaka Maizono to some extent. For the second game, I'm going through it but I liked the protagonist Hajime Hinata.

And of course, I do like Monokuma, for his sadistic nature. ^.~

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

My favorite character from DR would be Sakura, for sure! ; n ; She had... the heart of a maiden.

However, I'm gonna cosplay Kirigiri Kyoko at Anime Weekend Atlanta, since I obviously do not have the body for a successful Sakura...
I would want to see a buff guy cosplay her, for reals! That would be the only way it would look right, unless you had a really pro female rugby player.

For SDR2, I'm not sure of a favorite character yet since I haven't played it myself, but I'm definitely gonna buy a PS Vita and both games when I get a job! C;
I've been reading the LP on SomethingAwful, but it's just not the same as playing it... The transcribers are doing an impeccable job though! ^^

I greatly enjoyed playing the PSP version of DR this past summer, but I haven't watched the anime since it seems to not be the optimal genre for the story. :'3
Also... I'm pretty much a manga purist, and rarely watch but a few clips of anime to get a feel for the characters' voices. ^^

User Image

Clean Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I prefer the second game. Hiyoko is best character ever end of story

Sparkly Cub

I enjoyed the anime. Of course, I enjoyed the games more, and the second one had more interesting characters, in my opinion. From the first one, I really liked Junko, and Ishimaru.

Just as other said, it did feel rushed, but it should be known that it's adaptation into an anime was only 12 episodes. If it was a series with 24 episodes, I think it could have explained more things in general.

Read/Play the second one, I'm sure you'll love it if you really liked the first one!

Urbosa's Waifu

Pal

User Image

The anime was okay in my opinion, I agree with a lot of people when they say it was rather rushed (then again, so was the manga, which I had checked out first). You must play the game of course when you can get your hands on it! I played it on a emulator before.

Hopping Bunny

7,375 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Danganronpa was awesome!! I watched it every break I had when I was in academy in April, along with Kyoukai no Kanata. I agree with the rushed ending, though. I think 15 eps would have been enough, but I don't think any series ends with 15. Maybe 14/16? ; u;

High-functioning Vampire

my favorites are probably fukawa, kirigiri, Mondo and chihiro. uwu

tbh i make so many horrible DR/SDR2 puns it's like a plague.

regarding what you asked about a season two, that's already in progress, based off of the second video game Super Dangan Ronpa Two (I swear if they butcher Komaeda's voice actor...) hopefully it's not as rushed as Dangan Ronpa turned out to be.

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Know what I like most about the games? All the red herrings thrown around while you're exploring the school/island. There's a ton of background stuff that's just there to make theories and doesn't do much else. The 5th floor of Hope's Peak and the 5th Island being the best examples.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
I like sdr2 more than DR but you have to read the lp of DR first because it overlaps into the sequel.
You can find some tumblr blogs that have their translation of sdr2.
Favourite characters are Kirigiri and Sakura from DR1 and practically everyone in sdr2.
I can't wait till sdr2 gets released into the west later this year!
The animation for Dangan Ronpa was awful so, here's hoping that the anime for sdr2 will be better.

Now, I liked the first game pretty alright but, the second game is where it's at! From the first game my favorite character is Sakura and from the second game it's a tie between Souda and Gundam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff