Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Conversationalist

Just saw on Aniplex's YT that KLK is coming to Toonami for a prime time slot at 11:30 starting February 7!

This is great news to see Toonami getting a new (ish) show and of course because I'm a huge fan I have a huge excitement bias.
I've been getting the DVDs to eventually marathon the dub but now I think I'll try watching episodes side by side to compare the two releases and see if Toonami is editing anything. I hear Hellsing wasn't censored so I wonder if KLK will get the same treatment. It's not even the nudity specifically but just a broad curiosity of what could possibly be cut for content or time (unless they don't do that at all anymore).

It is also good news for those who are partial to dubs for whatever reason to now have a great opportunity to check out the show. And for me it means my friends are out of excuses for not seeing it yet.

How do you feel about KLK joining the block?
Have you put off watching it to wait for a dub?
Are there any other shows from say the past 2-3 years that you would like to see or think would be a good addition to the block?
I knew the story about them having to edit it was B.S. and Aniplex just didn't want to give the dub away for free until most of the releases were out.

Then again, I don't really care since I don't have cable. I'm just hoping this means they'll add the dub to Netflix soon.
I'm so excited! : D This is great news!

I haven't gotten to hear the dub yet, but I've been told it's great! Can't wait to see it.
Can't wait for Youtube and Tumblr SJW "feminists" b***h about this series.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Well, it did have a great dub... Why not share it with a wider audience? Sounds great to me!

Just_Oneofakind
Can't wait for Youtube and Tumblr SJW "feminists" b***h about this series.
That's one of my worries because now with more audience availability there will be a backlash against the fanservice all over again and there will be many new angry watchers taking to their blogs to rant about the sexualization without giving the series as a whole proper time or chance to show how purposefully over the top silly and servicey it is across the board. I mean sure there are intelligent arguments pointing out some worthwhile points but the show is so harmless compared to others out there.

But luckily there will be a surge in the fan base as well so the positive can try to round out the negative c:

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Never heard or seen it before.

x Karurie x
Never heard or seen it before.
Well if you like fast paced comedy, amusing over the top characters, and don't mind fanservice (which is played up for laughs rather than trying to look sexy) and if you like cool tough and/or charismatic female leads you should definitely try out the first 3 episodes of KLK at least!

Mewling Vampire

I've watched it and I'm a fan. I also have a Ryuko cosplay 3nodding

I tried to get my boyfriend into watching it but he highly prefers dubs over sub because its easier to watch and listen instead of trying to watch and read at the same time, which he doesn't like.

I'm excited to show him it once it shows on toonami for sure. He is sooo missing out. sweatdrop
Correction: Hellsing WAS censored, but not for anything big. They left in the corpse-screwing but bleeped out the F-word a few times because...naughty words hurt American ears but necrophilia is okay?

I don't expect Kill la Kill to be heavily censored since it doesn't really show anything explicit, but it's airing at Attack on Titan's timeslot. I know a ton of young kids who watch AoT on Saturday nights but not the rest of Toonami and wonder if their minds will be blown by KLK.

Partying Reveler

I had a feeling it would find it's way to Toonami. It just has the overall appeal. Though I am surprised it got the prime spot of 10/11:30pm that's really good. They must have a lot of faith in it.

Let's see if the Savior of Anime can push out another miracle lol.
I'm so hyped up for Kill LA Kill to come to Toonami! smile
I haven't watched this show yet but I've only heard good things about it so I will definitely be checking it out soon

Omnipresent Muse

29,525 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Hunter 50
Just hearing about it on Toonami now?!? I wanna see the Dub so bad, but my cable situation ATM is non-existant. Oh well. Huge fan of the series and hope they don't mess up a great series.

Gracious Worshipper

I for one am glad I love this series. Love the ost.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff