Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
personally "GOOGLE IT" had me cracking up rofl

lol , that was funny too. Rin was like " grandma ? " rofl

I know. it was just amusingly cute from the get go there, but then that "GOOGLE IT" and I lost it...

Omg Rin realizing Mephisto was a demon i was like Really ? REALLY ? oh lord child lol
yeah, Rin is a bit adorably slow on the uptake sometimes, isn't he?

He is but that's what makes him so charming. emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

I've become to much of a fanboy over him.
so true, exactly why I phrased it "adorably slow."

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
if anyone's interested, last night while I was having my pre-bed drinks I did a couple posts on tumblr related to what Mephisto revealed in chapter 39 (the second is more of a tangent, but still a bit interesting).

here's some facts regarding the real mythology/lore associated with who Mephisto says he is

here's a tangent about one of those facts and connecting Rin and Yukio to characters from the story that bit relates to

some people wind up rather incoherent when buzzed/drunk... I wind up posting stuff like that.
in case anyone missed this and is interested...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I saw someone on tumblr complaining that Rin's voice occasionally changes octaves...

all I'm thinking is "dude, 15 year old boy... think about it... that almost makes it MORE authentic."

altho perhaps part of why that's an automatic thought comes from the fact I was in choir in middle school and high school and actually got to hear rather clearly just how much a boy's voice can start fluctuating around that age.

and I still feel for that boy who managed to get a solo on his last year in middle school and sang the song in a wonderful tenor when he got it, but by the time the musical came about his voice was maturing and getting much deeper and cracked so badly while he was forced to still sing it (since a*****e music teacher wouldn't let the backup for that song take over).

Space Genius

Just saw the scans for Ch 39. AND HOLY SMOLLY ITS CERN! Completely didn't expect Kato pulling that.
With due respect, who didn't suspect Mephy is one of the eight princes? Except the Sameul part, maybe.
God I need to stop procrastinating...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Just saw the scans for Ch 39. AND HOLY SMOLLY ITS CERN! Completely didn't expect Kato pulling that.
With due respect, who didn't suspect Mephy is one of the eight princes? Except the Sameul part, maybe.
God I need to stop procrastinating...
it's kind of not surprising, in retrospect, that Mephisto would really be Samael.

after all, The History of Magic describes Mephistopheles as "a subordinate demon, a fallen angel too, and sometimes admitted to the presence of God, but his is not the devil." he also seems more ambiguously evil than most traditional demons in some of the lore ascribed to him and he is sometimes mistaken for being THE Devil/Satan in some sources and by some people.

whereas in angelic/demonic lore Samael's sometimes counted on the side of God (usually as what could be called an angel of necessary evil), other times counted among the demons, and sometimes said to be neither a demon or a fallen angel even when he's aligned with the demons. he's also counted among the lesser Satans (it's really properly more a title than a name, the root for it means something like adversary or prosecutor and there are even angels who remained in heaven who get called that title at points) and because of that he's sometimes mistaken for THE Satan.

and, yeah, it's kind of awesome the stuff she's putting in. I mean, really, the things you can catch if you're at least passing familiar with that you don't necessarily see in other mainstream shonen titles of similar genres is just... wow... if she doesn't start up another major title when she finishes this I may be more crushed than the fact Kentaro Yabuki has only been doing the art side of joint projects since he ended Black Cat (barring a couple of oneshots, one of which really should be expanded into a full series).

Space Genius

Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40

Consider that most people, including me, and a majority of Japanese, as you have point out, doesn't read Christian text, this is a major surprise for most readers.
Annnnnd I know I shouldn't jinx, but the only two titles that mentions CERN atm ultimately become a failure in America even thought both of them have motion picture adaptions.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40

Consider that most people, including me, and a majority of Japanese, as you have point out, doesn't read Christian text, this is a major surprise for most readers.
Annnnnd I know I shouldn't jinx, but the only two titles that mentions CERN atm ultimately become a failure in America even thought both of them have motion picture adaptions.
yeah, but you realize that indicates how much thought the mangaka put into this? just thinking about that, even if you're unfamiliar with mythology and lore associated with angels and demons and need it pointed out to you, is pretty impressive. either she's got an interest in Judeochristian lore/demonology from the beginning or did an assload of research into it for the sake of the series; either way it's awesome.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
aaaaand I just did this "crazy drunk theory" post on tumblr a little while ago...
Quote:
maybe this thought is just the product of having too much beer… but we know Mephisto is, like, the second most powerful demon out there in terms of demon hierarchy, we know he’s in charge of time and space, we know he has the occasional fourth wall breaking moments…

so what if in some alternate universe all this stuff in AoEx is actually going on and we have a fourth wall breaking Mephisto out there checking out THIS universe’s tumblr and watches all the AoEx related tags and one of the Mephisto accounts on tumblr is actually the REAL Mephisto’s account…

#ao no exorcist #blue exorcist #mephisto #mephisto pheles #things I think of when drunk #yeah I probably had too much beer #but you know he'd so fit on tumblr

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
WHY THE ******** DO I KEEP FINDING THIS s**t ON DA!!!!! scream stressed emotion_facepalm
User Image

Partying Reveler

Mugetsu Ookamiza
WHY THE ******** DO I KEEP FINDING THIS s**t ON DA!!!!! scream stressed emotion_facepalm
User Image

LOL cause your good at finding scam art XD

I want the link to the person's DA just so i can see who it is .

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
User Image

enjoy their gallery of stolen art then:
http://sinaitis.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

seriously, I'm already finding a s**t ton of sources that they've stolen from. sadly only two are from deviantArt so far. it's way more easy to get stolen art taken down from dA if the people stolen from are on dA as well.

Partying Reveler

Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
User Image

seriously, I'm already finding a s**t ton of sources that they've stolen from. sadly only two are from deviantArt so far. it's way more easy to get stolen art taken down from dA if the people stolen from are on dA as well.

These people seem to think that just cause they stole it from another site no one would know. Blissfully ignorant. It's just ridiculous , what there doing is wrong and they think they can get away with it.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
User Image

These people seem to think that just cause they stole it from another site no one would know. Blissfully ignorant. It's just ridiculous , what there doing is wrong and they think they can get away with it.
seriously. I just did another post about them on tumblr, so hopefully they'll be soundly called out on it. plus I sources two of their images to other dA artists and contacted them. they even asked for critiques on one of those two!

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
I posted a comment on their dA front page about it. I'm also bringing it up to a bunch of friends off site as well.

Partying Reveler

Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Neon Wasteland
Mugetsu Ookamiza
User Image

seriously. I just did another post about them on tumblr, so hopefully they'll be soundly called out on it. plus I sources two of their images to other dA artists and contacted them. they even asked for critiques on one of those two!

I saw that !!

For that Megaman art piece. I went to the artist who actually drew it dear god so much better it think. This guy is a ******** a*****e for ripping off this great artists work so nonchalantly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff