Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 245 246 247 > >> >>> »|

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT GIVING OUT OR REQUESTING ILLEGALLY OFFERED COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS ON GAIA VIOLATES THE TERMS OF SERVICE. THIS THREAD WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE NEW CHAPTERS COME OUT BUT IT'S UP TO YOU TO FIND THEM YOURSELF.
also of note is the fact that's Viz's digital Weekly Shonen Jump does run Blue Exorcist and it's on their "simultaneous release" list which means the first new issue of Weekly Shonen Jump that comes out after the new chapter officially comes out in Japan will have the new chapter with an official English translation.

Time Killers is getting released on September 2!!!!!!
FINALLY! A RELEASE DATE! AND THE MONTH OF MY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

NEW
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-31/blue-exorcist-has-secret-project-in-the-works
Shueisha is acknowledging in the September issue of Jump Square on Saturday that the manga Blue Exorcist has a "secret project" in the works. The magazine did not hint at the nature of the project, but details regarding the project will be revealed at a later date.

The manga already inspired both a television anime and a movie. The 11th volume of the manga will go on sale in Japan in August, and the series as a whole has over 11 million copies.

North American Movie Release News
according to ANN the movie is getting screened at 6 theaters in North America this August. it's being screened dubbed (so a hybrid DVD release here is pretty much a sure thing).

the locations where it's screening are:

Los Angeles Downtown Independent on August 17
San Francisco's 4 Star Theatre on August 17
Houston's Vintage Park on August 17
Katy, Texas' Mason Park on August 17
Chicago's Music Box on August 17
New York's Big Cinema Manhattan on August 17 and 18

those who attend the screening will get a free poster, too.

hybrid DVD release news
Aniplex of America has announced releases for both a new hybrid DVD release and a Blu-ray release set will go up.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-24/sword-art-online-to-air-on-toonami-starting-in-august
Aniplex will release Blue Exorcist on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in two sets on July 9 and September 10. Pre-orders will also be available starting on May 28. The Blu-ray Disc sets will include an original soundtrack CD, a DVD featuring interviews with the English cast, a box illustrated by manga creator Kazue Katō, clear Blu-ray Disc cases with double-sided wraps of Japanese cover design, and a 36-page booklet. Both the Blu-ray Disc and DVD sets will include the unaired special episode "Kuro Runs Away From Home," the "Ura-Eku" short clips, "web version preview" videos, and trailer collections.

The Blu-ray Disc sets will retail for US$174.98 but will have a store price of US$139.98. The DVD sets will retail for US$79.98 but will have a store price of US$69.98.

that Blur-ray set looks pricy, but damn, do I want it!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-19/blue-exorcist-spawns-1st-spinoff-manga
The seventh issue of Shueisha's Jump SQ.19 magazine published the first official Blue Exorcist spinoff manga on Friday. Minoru Sasaki drew the one-shot "Salaryman Exorcist: Okumura Yukio no Aishū" (Salaryman Exorcist: The Sorrow of Yukio Okumura) under the supervision of Blue Exorcist creator Kazue Katō. The gag comedy follows the daily life of the overworked Yukio as he stresses over his twin brother Rin.

The same Jump SQ.19 issue also includes a poster illustrated by Katō, Tetsu Kasabe's one-shot manga "Travel Writer," and a special one-shot manga of Robinson Haruhara's Senyū.

movie news 9
according to ao-ex.com it looks like the movie is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray 7-3-2013!

general news
not that long ago they announced a date for a character image song release. apparently the first (or hopefully first, as I wouldn't mind image songs for most of the cast, I have a feeling if Mephisto got one it would go up there with the image songs Xellos from The Slayers franchise got in terms of amusingness) will have image songs for Rin and Yukio and ao-ex.com has some short samples of the songs.

dub news 1
we can has AoEx dub!. Viz has announced they'll be streaming a dub for the serie s on their new Neon Alley service (which is unfortunately for some a streaming system for gaming systems, but you know someone will probably find a way to rip it anyway, and this COULD potentially lead to a dubbed DVD release)

EDIT1:
so far two VAs for the dub are known, with
-Bryce Papenbrook (voice of Masaomi Kida from Durarara!!) voicing Rin and
-Johnny Young Bosch (voice of Lelouch from Code Geass, Ichigo from Bleach, Vash from the Trigun TV series, and Kiba from Wolf's Rain) as Yukio.

EDIT2:
and it turns out there will be DVDs/BDs
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=65
14:41:00 <bay> there will be dvds for every product you see on neon alley
14:41:10 <bay> you can be assured that everything on neon alley will be on dvd and blu-ray when available
14:41:22 <bay> i know it's been a challenge for us previously (up a few lines)

dub news 2
just posted on the Blue Exorcist facebook page that Aniplex of America runs was this little blurb:
"Don't forget to catch Blue Exorcist Dubbed this September on Neonalley.com"
link

dub news 3
we've got a trailer for the dub out that includes dubbed lines now. while some of it does appear to need a little work it's important to note that this is early enough it's probably just a sample dub at this point and not clips from the final version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzJRNhyFTM&

dub news 5
I've found some indication that the rumor of Darrel Guilbeau voicing Amaimon may easily be true. it seems the formal announcement for the rest of the dub cast may just be a day or so away.

dub news 6
Neon Alley (and the Blue Exorcist dub) has been announced to premier on October 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KNtLT1Rmlc&

EDIT:
it's October 2 now and Neon Alley's schedule just went up. they'll be premiering episodes of Blue Exorcist on Saturdays at 10pm EST.

movie news 1
a movie for this series has been announced as being greenlit!

right now there's little info except that it's planned to come out sometime this year. the best guess as for what it will be is something that will take up where the anime adaption left off. you can find a trailer for it on the official AoEx website.

movie news 2
a blurb at the end of an article on ANN mentions the director has been decided on and will be Atsushi Takahashi, one of the two assistant directors for Spirited Away and also an assistant director for Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and the director for Rideback. the screenplay for it is being worked on by Reiko Yoshida who also did the screenplay for The Cat Returns, Romeo X Juliet, and scripted 7 episodes for Scrapped Princess and also was script supervisor on that.

movie news 3
more staff for the movie has been revealed. Keigo Sasaki and Hiroyuki Sawano are returning as character designer and music composer respectively and they have and Shinji Kimura listed as art director.

also, the AoEx website has trolled us...

edit: for those who missed the April Fool's "preview video" I found it on YouTube. be prepared for crack.

movie news 5
ao-ex.com has been updated and now includes new art and some info, including a "trailer" link that says "coming soon" when you go to click it. also, it gives the date of December 28, 2012, which is safe to assume that's the date it will hit theaters in Japan. also, the new art on the page includes two new characters

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

movie news 6
the first 30 second movie trailer has been added to the oficial website!

EDIT:
found a text translation for the trailer:
Mephisto: Humans are beings who live in the past(?)

Therefore they are lovely in their foolishness.

(text) - 2011, one time carnival

Rin: I will walk down the path I believe in!

(text) - A forgotten memory

Yukio: Nii-sama did you forget what was sacrificed?!

Rin: There’s no way I could forget!

(text)- The torn seal

Mephisto: I’ll kill you whenever you wish

(text) - The hidden past.

Rin: I definitely won’t forget

(text) - Pandora’s box is opened

Rin(?): Please don’t disappear

movie news 7
information has been released on the two new characters for the movie;
Quote:
Usamaro is a young demon Rin meets when he’s performing the exorcism of a “Phantom Train.”
Seems he’s sealed in a shrine for some reason.
And Rin has to take care of him during the festival…

Quote:
Cheng-Long Liu is a higher-leveled exorcist from Taiwan branch.
He comes to Japan to help the True Cross Academy with the replacement of old barriers.
He was born to an elite family and has fairly strong power of exorcism.

movie news 8
we have a second trailer out for the movie. you can watch it on ao-ex.com or watch it thru youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwMi7f9JGuY

HEY~
        here's a gift for you all.

I was hyping over the movie and mucking about with some of the art from the website and came up with a wallpaper for my computer I liked enough I'm gonna share it with you all. let me know what you think of it~

(click the image for the full sized version)
        I reuploaded a slightly edited version to fix a few flaws I missed the first time
        here's a larger variant if the first is too small for you.

new wallpaper!
        (click the image for the full sized version)
        here's a larger variant if the first is too small for you.

Blue Exorcist (also known as Ao no Exorcist) is a shonen manga by Katou Kazue that runs in the monthly magazine Jump SQ and also has a currently airing anime adaption in Japan (which is already licensed with the first release coming out in North America in October). Viz has licensed the manga and the first two volumes are already out.

the story is fairly typical for a shonen supernatural action series, drawing from a lot of common tropes. setting it apart from the mass of typical shonen supernatural action titles is that it uses the tropes well for the most part and manages to remain a fun read. the anime pads out the story a little bit, since it's a monthly title witch chapter 26 only just recently coming out in Japan, but still manages to adapt the story pretty damn well.

the focal character of the series is Rin Okumura, who grew up thinking he was a normal kid. the story starts with his expected life getting derailed when he finds out he's half demon and Satan is his father. forced into a corner he draws the sword that was sealing his demonic side and ceases to become a full human, forced into a corner by the fact his father is Satan, his powers are potentially very unstable, and he can potentially become a pawn of Satan (or even a vessel for Satan to freely enter the human world) he ignores the three options he's given by the exorcists (which boiled down to him killing them to survive, him allowing them to kill him, or him killing himself) he chose to become an exorcist himself so he can "KICK SATAN'S a**!"

the characters are all fun in their own way, from Rin, who is pretty easy going, prone to getting into trouble, and has a sense of justice he sticks to, his younger twin Yukio (who lacks Satan's power and is essentially a normal human because as a fetus he was too weak to inherit Satan's power) who is more mature and serious, Mephisto, who runs the Japanese branch of the True Cross Academy, is rather eccentric, and has his own demonic origins despite working with the exorcists and very likely has his own agenda, to Ryuji (better known as Bon) who looks like a punk but is rather serious, reliable, and smart despite having a bit of a temper at times, and Shiemi, a shy and somewhat clumsy girl who wants to become stronger, as well as many more characters (seriously, go here for a proper list of them and their personalities).

anywho, I made this thread since the old one got Chatterboxed for some odd reason and it's odd using a Chatterboxed thread for a mostly on topic anime/manga discussion.

that said. the most recent ep, 12, rocked. the action was great, the characters were amusing, and Rin's reaction to a certain reveal was WONDERFUL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

past poll results:

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
• | | | | •

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rin has the best expressions in the series. I swear, he does. <3

• | | | | •

Dapper Pup

User Image

I still have to like, watch it. ;__;
User Image

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
• | | | | •

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rin has the best expressions in the series. I swear, he does. <3

• | | | | •
and what a range of expressions! everything from lulzy expressions, to ADOREABLE AS HELL expressions, and his angry expressions... dear gods... it would be quite a challenge to screengrab every single type of expression he uses (but fun).

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
and what a range of expressions! everything from lulzy expressions, to ADOREABLE AS HELL expressions, and his angry expressions... dear gods... it would be quite a challenge to screengrab every single type of expression he uses (but fun).
• | | | | •

Yes! xD I got several of his expressions from episode 12 screencapped. I think I tried for every different one he made this time around. I love his angry faces. xD

I also noticed that Amaimon had short nails for one part of the episode, just like he did in chapter 7. I'm thinking that he might be able to change the length of his nails at will.

• | | | | •

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Okami Attorney
User Image

I still have to like, watch it. ;__;
User Image
seriously, it's worth checking out. or at least giving the manga a browse thru. but how some stuff gets animated is just awesome~
I feel like a loser for having it recommended to me like a billion times this summer yet I complain about having nothing to watch...I'll give it a try as soon as I reach a state of pure boredom!

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
• | | | | •

Yes! xD I got several of his expressions from episode 12 screencapped. I think I tried for every different one he made this time around. I love his angry faces. xD

I also noticed that Amaimon had short nails for one part of the episode, just like he did in chapter 7. I'm thinking that he might be able to change the length of his nails at will.

• | | | | •
it is a possibility, after all, considering how much changes when it gets possessed by a demon it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that a powerful enough demon would have some control over those changes.

and lulz for Rin's reaction to the ghost kid going for Shiemi's boobs (and earlier for most of the responses to Shiemi in a school uniform and Rin trying to get a reaction to it out of Yukio).

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
even though I saw the ad every time I watched Star Driver, I still refuse to touch it until the fanbase dies down

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
it is a possibility, after all, considering how much changes when it gets possessed by a demon it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that a powerful enough demon would have some control over those changes.

and lulz for Rin's reaction to the ghost kid going for Shiemi's boobs (and earlier for most of the responses to Shiemi in a school uniform and Rin trying to get a reaction to it out of Yukio).
• | | | | •

Rin's face when he was trying to get a reaction out of Yukio was great. xD And Yukio was totally unfazed by it too. Or at least, he looked like he was unfazed. I also like the face he made when he was walking with Shiemi, and his mouth was just one giant squiggly line.

And yes, the kid ghost. On the outside, Rin was like "I'll kill him!" and then internally, "********, he beat me to it, the brat..."

• | | | | •

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
• | | | | •

Rin's face when he was trying to get a reaction out of Yukio was great. xD And Yukio was totally unfazed by it too. Or at least, he looked like he was unfazed. I also like the face he made when he was walking with Shiemi, and his mouth was just one giant squiggly line.

And yes, the kid ghost. On the outside, Rin was like "I'll kill him!" and then internally, "********, he beat me to it, the brat..."

• | | | | •
seriously, this episode (and the manga equivalent) are what made me firmly a fan of Rin x Shiemi. I liked that pairing early on (especially after the whole exam thing where she showed she's actually got some strength to her character) but between Rin's reaction to her in uniform and them paired up in the amusement park it was just too much for me. they balance eachother out just too well, with her bringing out the normal teenage boy part of him and him helping her become stronger. you rarely see a pairing that looks like it's going to be canon in a shonen action anime that has the potential to work out THAT well. even if Rin is a perv.

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
seriously, this episode (and the manga equivalent) are what made me firmly a fan of Rin x Shiemi. I liked that pairing early on (especially after the whole exam thing where she showed she's actually got some strength to her character) but between Rin's reaction to her in uniform and them paired up in the amusement park it was just too much for me. they balance eachother out just too well, with her bringing out the normal teenage boy part of him and him helping her become stronger. you rarely see a pairing that looks like it's going to be canon in a shonen action anime that has the potential to work out THAT well. even if Rin is a perv.
• | | | | •

You're going to love chapter 26 for it's Rin x Shiemi moment. I squealed when I read the raw.

• | | | | •

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
• | | | | •

You're going to love chapter 26 for it's Rin x Shiemi moment. I squealed when I read the raw.

• | | | | •
I saw some of the raws. I'm anxious to actually be able to read it~

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I saw some of the raws. I'm anxious to actually be able to read it~
• | | | | •

I am too, though I'm mainly just curious about that weird door that Mephisto put over Rin's cell. But even in raw, the Rin x Shiemi moment made me squeal, so I can't wait to read what she says to him when it's translated. <3 Bon looked pretty cool that chapter too, on one page. I was like, "whoa, Bon!"

• | | | | •

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
• | | | | •

I am too, though I'm mainly just curious about that weird door that Mephisto put over Rin's cell. But even in raw, the Rin x Shiemi moment made me squeal, so I can't wait to read what she says to him when it's translated. <3 Bon looked pretty cool that chapter too, on one page. I was like, "whoa, Bon!"

• | | | | •
yeah, that thing was kinda odd. and I swear, it's times like this that it feels like the scanlations take FOREVER to come out even tho I do have an idea of how much goes into them. it just makes me so anxious when I see something in a language I can't read and want to know what it's saying...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff