Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Mugetsu Ookamiza
Swag_Destroyer
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Swag_Destroyer
Sorry to jump in randomly and stuff, but I see you guys talking about RinxShiemi, and I have to jump in. Anyone read the newest chapter with the bed scene? (I know it sounds bad if you didn't read it). Kazue Kato, you're killing me here with your teasing
that scene was just... rofl
it started off so cute and touching and then, lol, Shiemi friendzoned him. granted, she probably doesn't have enough social experience to understand exactly what Rin was getting at and is kind of still fixated on the idea of making/being friends with people so it probably was the most in character reaction to it she could have at this point (plus it was adorable seeing her react to saying that more like she had just blurted out an awkward confession of love instead of just having friendzoned him).
Don't get me wrong, I loved it absolutely. I agree too that Shiemi just doesn't have it in her to think about that sort of stuff yet. She's been locked away for a long time after all you know? She grew up closed away, so I'm happy she's becoming brave enough to actually come out and say things like that. I guess this is all coming from a RinxShiemi fan but I'm afraid that Kato is going "There's no way this is happening Shiemi and Yukio all the way!"

Course I loved how everyone else was in the room and heard her friend zone him like that xD
I don't know... there's definitely some ship tease going on in that scene, but that can occur between characters who eventually wind up a canon pairing as well as alternate pairings. plus when you look at it, friendship DOES make a good base for a lasting romantic relationship. it's pretty much too early to count the ship as being sunk, plus depending on how long the mangaka plans to drag the series out it may be too early to cement any canon pairings among the main cast yet. heck, there's shonen series out there where there's no canon pairing established involving the main characters until the end of the series (or even leaves off on one giant ship tease where no official pairing is established). I still have a lot of hope that RinShiemi will be canon eventually, especially since the pilot oneshot has some pretty clear NightMonaka vibes to it, and Night is basically an older Rin and Monaka is a lot like Shiemi.
This is all very true, and it's all what I tell myself when I try to think about her teasing in the chapter. I really do hope that she does go through with it, though she continues to also push the fact that Yukio likes Shiemi. It's been a thing going for a while, as if she's saying "Look at this one instead of that one". For example, Yukio was upset that Rin could convince Shiemi to join as an exorcist. He was also upset that Shiemi gives him so much attention in ways. Let's not forget that though the pilot had Night Manoka vibes, he does end up leaving anyhow (much to my dismay crying )
I'm leaning with you though, I pray hardcore that RinxShiemi happens, as it's also something that seems sorta pushed. I guess it we just have to see what kind of story teller Kato is and find out whether she likes a lot of twists, or if she likes to make things simple and straight forward?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
apparently chapter 35 is out and scanlated already. I'm downloading it right now~

edit:
and we can has beach chapter~

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Swag_Destroyer
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Swag_Destroyer
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Swag_Destroyer
Sorry to jump in randomly and stuff, but I see you guys talking about RinxShiemi, and I have to jump in. Anyone read the newest chapter with the bed scene? (I know it sounds bad if you didn't read it). Kazue Kato, you're killing me here with your teasing
that scene was just... rofl
it started off so cute and touching and then, lol, Shiemi friendzoned him. granted, she probably doesn't have enough social experience to understand exactly what Rin was getting at and is kind of still fixated on the idea of making/being friends with people so it probably was the most in character reaction to it she could have at this point (plus it was adorable seeing her react to saying that more like she had just blurted out an awkward confession of love instead of just having friendzoned him).
Don't get me wrong, I loved it absolutely. I agree too that Shiemi just doesn't have it in her to think about that sort of stuff yet. She's been locked away for a long time after all you know? She grew up closed away, so I'm happy she's becoming brave enough to actually come out and say things like that. I guess this is all coming from a RinxShiemi fan but I'm afraid that Kato is going "There's no way this is happening Shiemi and Yukio all the way!"

Course I loved how everyone else was in the room and heard her friend zone him like that xD
I don't know... there's definitely some ship tease going on in that scene, but that can occur between characters who eventually wind up a canon pairing as well as alternate pairings. plus when you look at it, friendship DOES make a good base for a lasting romantic relationship. it's pretty much too early to count the ship as being sunk, plus depending on how long the mangaka plans to drag the series out it may be too early to cement any canon pairings among the main cast yet. heck, there's shonen series out there where there's no canon pairing established involving the main characters until the end of the series (or even leaves off on one giant ship tease where no official pairing is established). I still have a lot of hope that RinShiemi will be canon eventually, especially since the pilot oneshot has some pretty clear NightMonaka vibes to it, and Night is basically an older Rin and Monaka is a lot like Shiemi.
This is all very true, and it's all what I tell myself when I try to think about her teasing in the chapter. I really do hope that she does go through with it, though she continues to also push the fact that Yukio likes Shiemi. It's been a thing going for a while, as if she's saying "Look at this one instead of that one". For example, Yukio was upset that Rin could convince Shiemi to join as an exorcist. He was also upset that Shiemi gives him so much attention in ways. Let's not forget that though the pilot had Night Manoka vibes, he does end up leaving anyhow (much to my dismay crying )
I'm leaning with you though, I pray hardcore that RinxShiemi happens, as it's also something that seems sorta pushed. I guess it we just have to see what kind of story teller Kato is and find out whether she likes a lot of twists, or if she likes to make things simple and straight forward?
well, she does seem to be sticking with a lot of standard tropes so far, even if she does tweak them a bit. and when it comes down to it it does seem pretty logical, if you know your tropes, for RinShiemi to wind up as canon. I can see her playing with it by doing a lot of ship tease simply because of how obvious it is, drawing out the drama a bit, but really... unless something changes later in the series that's really the most obvious potential canon pairing I see involving the main cast. granted, I also kind of ship Yukio with Shura because of the lulzy dynamics of that (so I loved that one scene from chapter 35), but I could see that staying as a ship tease thing altho it does have some canon potential as well. and them pairing up would leave Shiemi free for Rin xp

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At least it's more eventful than the beach episode.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I

yeah, and it's got better character interactions. seriously, some of that stuff had me squeeing then almost instantly loling the next moment.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I

yeah, and it's got better character interactions. seriously, some of that stuff had me squeeing then almost instantly loling the next moment.

I cracked a smile when Shura sat up in front of Yukio with her bathing suit top untied.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I

I cracked a smile when Shura sat up in front of Yukio with her bathing suit top untied.
that face was EPIC. especially in context, he's all getting in the "two can play at this game" mindest with Shura trying to pick on him and then, FLASH, that face lol his eyes even bugged out enough to break his swimming glasses rofl

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I

that face was EPIC. especially in context, he's all getting in the "two can play at this game" mindest with Shura trying to pick on him and then, FLASH, that face lol his eyes even bugged out enough to break his swimming glasses rofl

He does have more amusing moments with Shura, I'll admit. I kind of ship them as a pairing, despite the age difference. I know Shiemi likes Yukio, but I just don't really see them having too much interaction. She's closer to Rin, despite her friendzoning him in the last chapter.

But that may change, I guess I have to wait and see.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I

He does have more amusing moments with Shura, I'll admit. I kind of ship them as a pairing, despite the age difference. I know Shiemi likes Yukio, but I just don't really see them having too much interaction. She's closer to Rin, despite her friendzoning him in the last chapter.

But that may change, I guess I have to wait and see.
they do work as a pairing, she gets him to loosen up more than anyone else in the series. I couldn't really see him teasing back with anyone else like that. and you know, it's only a 10 or 11 year difference (as she's either 26 or turning 26 soon at the time Yukio tries to correct her after she says she's 18, I've seen translations go either way) and a 10 year age difference isn't considered that huge a deal if the guy is older so logically why should it be that much more of a deal if it's the other way?

and Shiemi, really, when it comes down to the many types of love out there she's really only had a lot of experience with familial love. I don't think she really understand the difference between romantic love, friendship love, admiration, and so on... and until she starts realizing there's a difference and starts thinking things out it's hard to precisely tell what type of feelings she has for Rin and Yukio.
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Swag_Destroyer
well, she does seem to be sticking with a lot of standard tropes so far, even if she does tweak them a bit. and when it comes down to it it does seem pretty logical, if you know your tropes, for RinShiemi to wind up as canon. I can see her playing with it by doing a lot of ship tease simply because of how obvious it is, drawing out the drama a bit, but really... unless something changes later in the series that's really the most obvious potential canon pairing I see involving the main cast. granted, I also kind of ship Yukio with Shura because of the lulzy dynamics of that (so I loved that one scene from chapter 35), but I could see that staying as a ship tease thing altho it does have some canon potential as well. and them pairing up would leave Shiemi free for Rin xp
The whole above statement I approve of simply because I approve of YukioxShura as well, but for the same reason (to leave Shiemi for Rin >u> lol)

But I also agree with the fact she can't tell the difference between different kinds of love, maybe she'll realize she's been translating some of her feelings incorrectly even
I gotta say it " RELEASE THE KRAKAN"

Yukio's face was priceless i almost spit my drink out laughing , Shura no shame at all . Shiemi is adorable in a swimsuit this Chapter made me want RinxShiemi pairing more .. i know she likes Yukio but i like him with Shura even if she is older they work well. I can totally see Rin and Shiemi married.

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
+++++ 𝒱 ⅇ 𝑥 _ 𝒮 𝒶 𝓎 𝓈 : +++++

✧ ✧ ✧+++++Excuse me, I'm dying over how adorable Shiemi was in that swimsuit. <3 Oh Shiemi~ I did LOL at Yukio's reaction to Shura though. That caught me a bit off guard and I had to go back and look at that panel again to make sure I was seeing right. xD

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
y'know... something about this chapter really makes me want to start on that pickle fic thing... maybe I'll try and get my hands on some pickled bologna tomorrow and try to start working on it (nothing like getting in the mood for a pickle fic while eating pickled food products)... altho I'm not sure exactly how far it would wind up going...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
the ShuraYukio pickle fic has been started... and is fun writing... squirm, Yukio.... SQUIRM~

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dare I ask what's going on in the fic?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces