Welcome to Gaia! ::

Using the word anime in reference to Japanese animation shows that you know what you are talking about. We can get into technicalities and look at definition that some nerdy english professor, such as my parents, has written, but the bottom line is that calling anime cartoons doesn't reflect well on one's intelligence. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I tell someone I like anime, and they ask, "You mean those Japanese cartoons?" I automatically revert them back to apes in my mind.
Jomei_S
Using the word anime in reference to Japanese animation shows that you know what you are talking about. We can get into technicalities and look at definition that some nerdy english professor, such as my parents, has written, but the bottom line is that calling anime cartoons doesn't reflect well on one's intelligence. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I tell someone I like anime, and they ask, "You mean those Japanese cartoons?" I automatically revert them back to apes in my mind.

But they are Japanese cartoons. They're cartoons. From Japan.

'Nana?
Jomei_S
The fact that you drop them into that category over one word speaks poorly of YOU, not THEM.
r u people dictionaries!? My gosh! It doesn't matter! I call anime anime and many people call it cartoons. Though I'd rather people call it anime because it is different from cartoons in a number of ways, which I will not list, I am not going to get a debate going about it! Also, I don't go spreading around the fact that I probably know the definition of more words than many people I know! One of my nicknames is Grammer Queen but I don't use dictionary terms in alot of things I say. You people are getting worked up over nothing. Just drop it and stop arguing about something so small! And I'm pretty sure that even though you think that everyone around is more idiotic than you, They're not! Also, I will probably not be coming back to this so don't bother complaining about my post! **takes a deep breathe** Thank You and Goodbye!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff