Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Reveler

not Monochrome Malice
So As I Pray
not Monochrome Malice
So As I Pray
You're better off not watching it, mostly because AoT is trash anyways.

Really sucks that your nostalgia goggles are on too tight to enjoy modern animation, but I guess once you get used to low budget crap you're stuck with it.

I wasn't aware shows by Funimation and the bringing back Sailor Moon were categorized under "low budget". But hey I do like Space Dandy, that's probably the most recent anime I currently enjoy.
I'm talking about your general disdain for more modern animation because you seem to like 90s animation, which was generally a mess of corner-cutting because it was low budget.

However, my point seems to have gone right over your head.

So Durarara's animation is crap in your opinion?

Well Drrr!'s animation was kinda crappy after the first 13 episodes. Mash potato people.
Neon Wasteland
not Monochrome Malice
So As I Pray
not Monochrome Malice
So As I Pray
You're better off not watching it, mostly because AoT is trash anyways.

Really sucks that your nostalgia goggles are on too tight to enjoy modern animation, but I guess once you get used to low budget crap you're stuck with it.

I wasn't aware shows by Funimation and the bringing back Sailor Moon were categorized under "low budget". But hey I do like Space Dandy, that's probably the most recent anime I currently enjoy.
I'm talking about your general disdain for more modern animation because you seem to like 90s animation, which was generally a mess of corner-cutting because it was low budget.

However, my point seems to have gone right over your head.

So Durarara's animation is crap in your opinion?

Well Drrr!'s animation was kinda crappy after the first 13 episodes. Mash potato people.

Potatoes are yummy!
AOT is a sort of mindless drama, it's not that bad, but it's certainly not that good either. I watched the first season and I'm up to date on the manga and I'm just not impressed. The animation is flashy for sure, but it doesn't "wow!" me. I liken it to the PG version of Berserk, or at least when a character dies you'd think they were watching Berserk... I guess that's the main selling point of the series is that "lots of people die and they die awful deaths and it is sad". Though I can't care about any of the one dimensional characters so whether they live or die doesn't mean much to me.

tl;dr: it's not that good
Ultra Mess
AOT is a sort of mindless drama, it's not that bad, but it's certainly not that good either. I watched the first season and I'm up to date on the manga and I'm just not impressed. The animation is flashy for sure, but it doesn't "wow!" me. I liken it to the PG version of Berserk, or at least when a character dies you'd think they were watching Berserk... I guess that's the main selling point of the series is that "lots of people die and they die awful deaths and it is sad". Though I can't care about any of the one dimensional characters so whether they live or die doesn't mean much to me.

tl;dr: it's not that good

Hmmm the I honestly wonder why it's SO popular where I live.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh
Bert is the Colossal Titan, Reiner is the Armored Titan, and Annie is the Female Titan.
Everyone is after Eren because he has the coordinator power which can control titans.
Titans all used to be people but their minds degraded after spending too much time in titan form.
The only cure is to eat a titan shifter like Eren, Bert, and Reiner and this is the only reason why titans eat people in the hopes that they consume a titan shifter and gain their ability to transform back.
This was confirmed with Ymir who became a titan shifter after consuming someone from the same village as Bert, Reiner, and Annie. Before this incident, Ymir was stuck in titan form for almost 80 years.
Krista is actually Historia Reiss, heir to the throne and only daughter of the Reiss faction/family who secretly rule the entire city.
The Reiss faction is after Eren's coordinator power and hopes to have a titan shifter that is loyal to them eat Eren.

Now you don't have to watch the show anymore.

Nice spoiler

Dapper Zapper

19,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
AoT was great! I finished season 1 the other day. I didn't like the art at first and thought it was really...strange for lack of a better word...but after a few episodes I got over it. In regards to over dramatic and whatnot. If your mom was just eaten alive in front of your eyes and you were powerless to stop it...wouldn't it be dramatic/traumatic? It's well thought out compared to a LOT of movies and tv shows today (C'mon michael bay...) it gets better. Trust me.

Dangerous Werewolf

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
not Monochrome Malice
I love Sailor Moon, the 90's anime, and the manga, but I don't like the new Sailor Moon's animation.

That's your type of animation?
welp, Attack on Titan is like FMA
The first few episodes are like meh...
but you get hooked once the plot blossoms ninja

User Image
Muste01
AoT was great! I finished season 1 the other day. I didn't like the art at first and thought it was really...strange for lack of a better word...but after a few episodes I got over it. In regards to over dramatic and whatnot. If your mom was just eaten alive in front of your eyes and you were powerless to stop it...wouldn't it be dramatic/traumatic? It's well thought out compared to a LOT of movies and tv shows today (C'mon michael bay...) it gets better. Trust me.

I think alot of other animes just desensitized all that dramatic stuff for me over the years ; lol ew I don't really go to the movies, nor would I ever watch that new transformer movie so predictable
gilgameshed
not Monochrome Malice
I love Sailor Moon, the 90's anime, and the manga, but I don't like the new Sailor Moon's animation.

That's your type of animation?
welp, Attack on Titan is like FMA
The first few episodes are like meh...
but you get hooked once the plot blossoms ninja

User Image

I swear Eren's bulging eyes I find extremely distasteful.....bugs the frick outta me so much.
My brother who's 4 years younger than me is super into the storyline and everything, I finished season 1 (for him it was a rewatch) and eh I couldn't get into it :/ I'm going to try Kill La Kill because I LOVE Gurren Lagann~

Dapper Zapper

19,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
not Monochrome Malice
Muste01

I think alot of other animes just desensitized all that dramatic stuff for me over the years ; lol ew I don't really go to the movies, nor would I ever watch that new transformer movie so predictable
I saw it opening weekend. Found it very enteratining. The dinosaur transformer dudes made my life.

Dangerous Werewolf

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
not Monochrome Malice

I swear Eren's bulging eyes I find extremely distasteful.....bugs the frick outta me so much.
My brother who's 4 years younger than me is super into the storyline and everything, I finished season 1 (for him it was a rewatch) and eh I couldn't get into it :/ I'm going to try Kill La Kill because I LOVE Gurren Lagann~

User Image
Yes, you must ninja
what's ur type of anime?
I'm into manga tho
gilgameshed
not Monochrome Malice

User Image
Yes, you must ninja
what's ur type of anime?
I'm into manga tho
My favorite anime is probably Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo and FLCL (childhood lol) my favorite manga would be Naruto and Air Gear lol.

Shameless Noob

8,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Attack on Titan was overrated in my opinion.
Just as Sword art online and Death note i really don't get how it got that famous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff