Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Player

My first question is WHERE THE ******** WAS THIS ANIME HIDING.

===Warning, Spoilers ahead===

Seriously I loved every second of it, even the filler episodes, i just loved it. The characters (At least the main ones) Were pretty well fleshed out and I will admit, I also enjoyed the soft core s**t (Tentacles, Bondage, incest. loved it all,)

It was kind of hard to finish it, because now I know its over. But i wathed it all and I am proud of that.

My question to all of you who have seen it, what are your thoughts on this masterpiece.

It was added to my top 10 list (Which has no actual order,)
-Dragon Ball Z
-Fooly Cooly
-Hellsing (OVA)
-Deathnote
-Highschool of the Dead
-Elfen Lied
-.Hack//Roots and .hack//Sign
-Inu-Yasha (yea I'll admit it)
-Strike Witches
-Sword Art Online

Girl-Crazy Kitten

i've actually been really hesitant to watch it for no reason.
like, i can't give you a reason whatsoever. i don't know much about the plot, though.
could you summarise? it's always better to get an account from a fan, rather than wikipedia c:

Aged Codger

I didn't know there were people who liked the taste of dog s**t.

Dangerous Player

Alkaide

oooh, sour.

Dangerous Player

kuoco
i've actually been really hesitant to watch it for no reason.
like, i can't give you a reason whatsoever. i don't know much about the plot, though.
could you summarise? it's always better to get an account from a fan, rather than wikipedia c:

Well lets see
-Players get stuck in the game
-They find out if they die in the game the die in real life
-They have to defeat 100 bosses to win the game

I don;t to give too much away as there is a second season.
And there are a lot of filler episodes. I mean each episode does have some story plot involved, but the entire episode doesn't really matter. It have been a small note in a episode and did not need a full episode for it.
I didn't really care for it. It started off extremely strong... and then it just dragged and dragged and dragged and become mostly a slice of life anime with the main characters playing house. Then he second season got... weird. Like, the main female hero being reduced to a damsel in distress and constantly threatened with rape weird. Because that's exactly what happened.

Dangerous Player

MPSai
I didn't really care for it. It started off extremely strong... and then it just dragged and dragged and dragged and become mostly a slice of life anime with the main characters playing house. Then he second season got... weird. Like, the main female hero being reduced to a damsel in distress and constantly threatened with rape weird. Because that's exactly what happened.

I know, i mean the main characters even got a daughter

What i did enjoy was the fact that it was his sister in the second season.
What confused me tough was why didn't she recognize his username. I though for sure the fact that Kirito was the name of the one who won SAO it would be famous.

But yea it shows you have no idea who is behind the avatar

...and then there is the tentacle rape.

Toxic Otaku

Alkaide

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Rockwarrior v2.0
MPSai

I know, i mean the main characters even got a daughter

What i did enjoy was the fact that it was his sister in the second season.
What confused me tough was why didn't she recognize his username. I though for sure the fact that Kirito was the name of the one who won SAO it would be famous.

But yea it shows you have no idea who is behind the avatar

...and then there is the tentacle rape.
the novels point out that there's multiple ways to spell stuff in Japan. there's kanji (and with that multiple characters can be pronounced the same way, there's literally THOUSANDS of kanji out there), hiragana, katakana, and romaji, and that he used one method of spelling the name Kirito in SAO and another method of spelling it in ALO. plus if I remember correctly it was never made widely known he was the one to beat SAO. so basically between not having the fact he beat SAO widely publicized and spelling it an alternate way it didn't bring as much attention to him as it could have. the different spelling method could make it seem like it was some fanboy using the same name instead of THE Kirito who beat SAO even if they knew he was the one to beat it.

OG Rallier

SAO is indeed a masterpiece. Just the way they related the day to day tragedy we have in our society where kids feel the need to escape to a new world to make the real one not so awful was incredible. The characters were easy to relate to and it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Since you liked SAO so much maybe you would like FMA? (Full metal alchemist)

Demonic Warlord

16,725 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
I enjoyed it as well, mainstream or not.

Always loved overpowered protagonists, some romance, and a good story.
There were many arcs in the novel, they kinda clumped it together so some things didn't make sense

Scompiglio's Wife

Rockwarrior v2.0
My first question is WHERE THE ******** WAS THIS ANIME HIDING.

Where was it hiding? It wasn't really hiding anywhere. It's one of the most talked about shows of the season it was in. It sparked .hack vs SAO debates and then SAO vs. Log Horizon debates the next season...

SAO is far more entertaining than Log Horizon was for me. However, everyone has their own taste. SAO is still full of issues in how it was executed with plot holes and lack of character development. The second "series" may have altered an impression on some, but I lost most interest in trying any further after.
In my opinion, the alternate storyline of SAO: Hollow Fragment game is far far better than the main storyline. The glitched fight against Heathcliff at Fl 74 changed the course of reality and the game takes you all the way through the rest of the floors as well as the Hollow Area. I recommend it.

Log Horizon>SAO:HF>SAO Light Novels>SAO Anime
A Problem
In my opinion, the alternate storyline of SAO: Hollow Fragment game is far far better than the main storyline. The glitched fight against Heathcliff at Fl 74 changed the course of reality and the game takes you all the way through the rest of the floors as well as the Hollow Area. I recommend it.

Log Horizon>SAO:HF>SAO Light Novels>SAO Anime

Hollow Fragment's plot is very much better than the Main Anime's plot, or at least better than The Alfheim Arc Anime-wise.

I'm gonna try to keep the World-wise regards to a minimum, but The Alfheim Arc's Chief Antagonist is literally brain-dead about the fact he's Psychotic.
Sword Art Online is one of those shows that people either really love or really hate. There's no getting around that.

I actually really enjoyed Sword Art Online and it also falls into my Top 10 list (at #7, if I remember correctly). Nothing's perfect and SAO is far from what I'd consider a "great anime" when looked at prospectively, but my enjoyment levels were through the roof while watching the first episode. In all honesty, "personal enjoyment" is the most important aspect for me - I watch anime as a form of entertainment, after all.

The second half of Sword Art Online, after they enter ALO, is definitely where the show diminishes, but it didn't seem to bother me as much as others. Sword Art Online II is going well so far, in my opinion, and now that the GGO arc is finished, we're supposed to be covering both the Calibur and Mother's Rosario arcs, which I've heard great things about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff