Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Loiterer

I haven't read/watched past the eclipse, but apparently what follows is disappointing (according to a friend of mine who did read further). The whole tone and direction of the series changes, perhaps to expand its target demographic. I can only reiterate what others in the thread have said: Watch the movies to gain a new perspective on the story. However, the CG is kind of awkward, despite the high budget and general exceptional quality.

...But the movies are definitely a cut above the original anime.

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Vertigris
I haven't read/watched past the eclipse, but apparently what follows is disappointing (according to a friend of mine who did read further). The whole tone and direction of the series changes, perhaps to expand its target demographic. I can only reiterate what others in the thread have said: Watch the movies to gain a new perspective on the story. However, the CG is kind of awkward, despite the high budget and general exceptional quality.

I disagree with your friend on that one: the rest of the story is equally good imo, you can see the world expand further and there's a lot of characters development and important storyline that the anime skipped. People who decide not to read manga are definitely missing out a lot. About the tone of the series changing, yes, it does introduce magic and it becomes more of a fantastic setting compared to the earlier chapters, but it's still a dark fantasy and will always be. My only complaint are the slow updates, waiting for a new chapter to come out each month can be such a pain.

Now to answer the OP's question, just read the manga. wink I've heard many mixed opinions on the movies, but they're still worth watching and apparently are going to continue adapting the manga till the end.

Dedicated Loiterer

NightmareMoonFairy
Vertigris

I disagree with your friend on that one: the rest of the story is equally good imo, you can see the world expand further and there's a lot of characters development and important storyline that the anime skipped. People who decide not to read manga are definitely missing out a lot. About the tone of the series changing, yes, it does introduce magic and it becomes more of a fantastic setting compared to the earlier chapters, but it's still a dark fantasy and will always be. My only complaint are the slow updates, waiting for a new chapter to come out each month can be such a pain.

Thanks for that; it gives me new hope. biggrin

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Vertigris
NightmareMoonFairy
Vertigris

No problem, hope you enjoy it smile

Dedicated Loiterer

NightmareMoonFairy
Vertigris
NightmareMoonFairy
Vertigris

No problem, hope you enjoy it smile

Yeah. cat_3nodding

Moonlight Duelist

The Greene
Yuki Aiba
The Greene
Yuki Aiba
Check out the movies too.

Like I said, I have seen the first movie, it's just a shortened version of the anime... so I mean...
There is 2 others so also check them out.

yes I know :3 Thanks!
Also, there are at least 2 video games that continue the story after the show. But good luck getting your hands on one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff