Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 8, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

3,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I love making costumes. I do that kind of for a living now. I recently opened a custom costume and prop shop. (http://www.anichive.com/lunardragon) It's really tough though to make costumes to fit people you'll probably never meet, especially when most of them aren't very understanding, and it doesn't pay very well. I still enjoy it though cause I love making costumes almost as much as I love working on my art.
Sann
Puckie
sweeeeet, I hope to see you all somday at Toykopop HQ in LA, when I move back down there.

Who said you could go live back down in LA? Huh? scream

jk blaugh

I would bring you with me ofcourse my love heart

Dapper Elocutionist

I don't think I would make a liveing out of it. Audiances tend to be very fickeled, and entertainment is a very hard business to make it in.

3,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Onyxwings
I don't think I would make a liveing out of it. Audiances tend to be very fickeled, and entertainment is a very hard business to make it in.

Entertainment is definitely difficult to get into. My husband got his BA in Mass Comm with a focus in film production. He wanted to be a director. He's decided to continue his education and try and teach college with his degree instead of trying to go out to LA and make movies. The industry's just too cut-throat; it's not the kind of atmosphere we would enjoy working in.
ya, it can be a hard place to get started, some friends and I tryed to buy the manga licence to Berserk, and were beat by Darkhorse. it sucked, so I had to go work for other people.
I just kept collecting, you know, trying to stay ahead of the competition, then when I surpassed Hollywood video's anime collection, I realized I had a problem. My name is Mina Jay, and I am an aniholic. wink
Vbabeminako
I just kept collecting, you know, trying to stay ahead of the competition, then when I surpassed Hollywood video's anime collection, I realized I had a problem. My name is Mina Jay, and I am an aniholic. wink

LOL, your the kinda people who we should have more in the anime/manga biz, true lovers of the arts :p
Vbabeminako

LOL, your the kinda people who we should have more in the anime/manga biz, true lovers of the arts :p
Drawing mangas is one of my hobbies, but I'm only fourteen so...... sweatdrop
Daidouji-san
Drawing mangas is one of my hobbies, but I'm only fourteen so...... sweatdrop

so.. what? it means you have years to get better and known, WTG!! keep it up.
No, It would never happen. Not my field. O.o uhm somehow I think I'm bound to working with computers or something. eh, who knows? Not meh.. I'll be lucky if I get out of high school.. -_-' heh..

3,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I think those of you who are still in school are lucky. Sometimes I wish I had gotten into anime back when I was in high school. That way I could have had all those years to work my way into the industry. I sometimes wonder now if it might be a little late, but it can't hurt to try. smile
Puckie
Vbabeminako

Heehee, getting there. I'm actually in school right now to become a writer for anime, video games, and american cartoons ^-^
anime is my sort of release from the real world I use it to get away. making it into my job would take that away so I think I'll just keep it on the side but if the chance comes up who knows maybe I could make it a job and enjoy it
i guess it'd be cool, but I can't draw, even if my life depended on it, so yeah.... plus, i may be fanatic, but i don't want it to control my life...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff