PART 6: STONE OCEAN 0.14814814814815 14.8% [ 4 ]
PART 7: STEEL BALL RUN 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
PART 8: JOJOLION 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
< 1 2

Golden Spark

syogami
Princess Iorin
The dub's pretty solid actually, I kinda liked it.
Although I wish Antfish dubbed most of the show despite making this serious part a bit funnier...

Is he one of the dudes from the abridged jojo thing? Haha. Yeah, I agree, it was solid.
(Also cute avi is it Im@s related? -=w=; )

Yep, it's him. The voice roles for Avdol and Dio was so fitting, he deserved to do one of the dubs.
Yeah, it is, trying to look like Iori, haha.
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross

So despite me not changing my mind in having interest in the series, no clue on whether or not that Epic Line among others will be kept intact, right?

no clue

I wanna know how interesting that series is at some point, beyond just that famous line actually.

I really like it. Most of the series is actually in the form of manga (which is still ongoing), but they're working their way to the catch-up point in anime adaptions as well.
I'd give it a try. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I know a lot of people who like it I guess.
I'd start by just watching the anime parts then start reading the manga?

Here's a nifty little beginners guide to JJBA. It seems a little long but if you skim it you'll get the point.

One of the coolest parts about it is that if they wanted to do so, they could just start with a part and pick a part as the stopping point at least for a while, without being afraid of missing out on too much of the party of mayhem in fact, yes?

I'm not really sure what you mean but if you mean that they can just pick any part without doing other parts before, then maybe?

Partially that bit, as just that one part/era is enough for some people that want to pause for parts.
Its more deliberate about the fact than the Dot hack(.hack) universe is in that respect, that's for sure.
Finally a JJBA thread lol.

If assumptions are right according to Avdul's VA, the first three episodes were just a test dub. Surprisingly the dub, judging from the first three episodes, was swell. I'm a little not too fond about some aspects, such as the direction of how they chose to execute certain dialogue, but I'll probably watch further for how the next few episodes are. The audience at the AX premiere seemed happy with it though; definitely a lot of folks who were already deep into the series there.

I do sorta wish they started from Phantom Blood though; newcomers might not understand how big of an impact Dio really is or how badass younger Joseph was in Blood Tendency... and of course the amazing OPs for the first two seasons. God, those songs are magic. But oh well--take what you can get.

SukyaruZetsu's Princess

Mega Wife

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Princess Iorin
syogami
Princess Iorin
The dub's pretty solid actually, I kinda liked it.
Although I wish Antfish dubbed most of the show despite making this serious part a bit funnier...

Is he one of the dudes from the abridged jojo thing? Haha. Yeah, I agree, it was solid.
(Also cute avi is it Im@s related? -=w=; )

Yep, it's him. The voice roles for Avdol and Dio was so fitting, he deserved to do one of the dubs.
Yeah, it is, trying to look like Iori, haha.

I think that would have been cool tbh.
Forehead-channnnn. Great avi and name though uwu;;

SukyaruZetsu's Princess

Mega Wife

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross

I wanna know how interesting that series is at some point, beyond just that famous line actually.

I really like it. Most of the series is actually in the form of manga (which is still ongoing), but they're working their way to the catch-up point in anime adaptions as well.
I'd give it a try. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I know a lot of people who like it I guess.

Here's a nifty little beginners guide to JJBA. It seems a little long but if you skim it you'll get the point.

One of the coolest parts about it is that if they wanted to do so, they could just start with a part and pick a part as the stopping point at least for a while, without being afraid of missing out on too much of the party of mayhem in fact, yes?

I'm not really sure what you mean but if you mean that they can just pick any part without doing other parts before, then maybe?

Partially that bit, as just that one part/era is enough for some people that want to pause for parts.
Its more deliberate about the fact than the Dot hack(.hack) universe is in that respect, that's for sure.

Yeah, true.
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross

Yeah, true.

Now if I can only get around to learning more about Jojo's Bizarre Adventures beyond that epic line sometime.
It sounds like Crazy Fun.

SukyaruZetsu's Princess

Mega Wife

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross

Yeah, true.

Now if I can only get around to learning more about Jojo's Bizarre Adventures beyond that epic line sometime.

Great! If you want someone to talk about it with, you can add me or something! Or if you just want a new friend, haha.
I'm sure it'll (Jojos) be a great time for you!
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross
syogami
Javier Cross

Yeah, true.

Great! If you want someone to talk about it with, you can add me or something! Or if you just want a new friend, haha.
I'm sure it'll (Jojos) be a great time for you!

I'm not sure you'll be an attending Role-player, Jojo's or otherwise, to add you on the friends list really. sweatdrop
But having someone to talk about that world with, sure why not?
I do hope it'll be Excellent Fun when I'm not reading Rosario + Vampire by Akihisa Ikeda, sometime.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures has to be a cool world at least.

SukyaruZetsu's Princess

Mega Wife

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
BuiltWilt

Testing the waters is a smart move I think, especially when doing an English dub.
I'll also keep aware and watch any new Engdub episodes that they release out.

Same, I really wish they started from Phantom Blood, because yeah it would make things more clear. I'd be interested to hear how Cars, Wham and ACDC's voice would sound though...!

I really love all the songs they use in JJBA, like they're really great choices.
i haven't seen the full episodes (i can't seem to find them???) but from the clips i've seen i LOVE the casting
i'm also a sucker for patrick seitz and a few other VA's in there i forget who specifically but
yeah

Hilarious Hellraiser

BuiltWilt
Finally a JJBA thread lol.

If assumptions are right according to Avdul's VA, the first three episodes were just a test dub. Surprisingly the dub, judging from the first three episodes, was swell. I'm a little not too fond about some aspects, such as the direction of how they chose to execute certain dialogue, but I'll probably watch further for how the next few episodes are. The audience at the AX premiere seemed happy with it though; definitely a lot of folks who were already deep into the series there.

I do sorta wish they started from Phantom Blood though; newcomers might not understand how big of an impact Dio really is or how badass younger Joseph was in Blood Tendency... and of course the amazing OPs for the first two seasons. God, those songs are magic. But oh well--take what you can get.

I think I get why they went with part 3 first. Its the pretty much the only part that has had any exposure to the west (with the OVA and heritage for the future and such). They probably wanted to go with the part of jojo people would be most familiar with and see how it goes. If it gets good ratings (which god I hope it does), we're sure to see a dub for the first couple of parts!! I really hope it does, because Joseph is my absolute favorite jojo and i would love to see his part get dubbed.
JoutaKujo

I think I get why they went with part 3 first. Its the pretty much the only part that has had any exposure to the west (with the OVA and heritage for the future and such). They probably wanted to go with the part of jojo people would be most familiar with and see how it goes. If it gets good ratings (which god I hope it does), we're sure to see a dub for the first couple of parts!! I really hope it does, because Joseph is my absolute favorite jojo and i would love to see his part get dubbed.

Spot on! I remember during the Crunchyroll/AX panel interviews, the directors mentioned that the success in the west might also give a green light for Part 4. Diamond is Not Crash! I just love saying that.

And my favorite Jojo is still Jonathan. I'm a sucker for classical archetypal characters, and he establishes a great contrast between past and future generations within the Joestar line. Though, I am starting to like Gappy more and more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff