• Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Princess of the Crows
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Princess of the Crows
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Princess of the Crows

Well, I've got a few examples for when the manga is rather...sketchy.

1. Scryed - Oh boy... The anime really toned down the ecchi-fest that the manga was. Not to mention they really took out the strange alien plot line and crazy stuff that happens. The manga is rather perverted from the get go and Cherise literally always in a panty shot. The anime did quite a bit better...

2. Princess Tutu - Yeah, not so well done. There's no duck in the story really, and she's a normal a girl. It's also two volumes.
those are both series where the anime was the original.

That's my point. There are times the original material is worse than the anime.
you're saying the manga were worse. the MANGA, the JAPANESE COMIC BOOKS YOU READ, were based on the ANIME, the JAPANESE CARTOONS YOU WATCH.

I stand corrected, but you could be more clear before trying to yell at me.
"the anime was the original" wasn't clear enough?

Dapper Bunny

Books emotion_bigheart I love books! Manga is betterin my opinion not just because the original story is better than adaptions but because they are made of wonderful paper emotion_bigheart

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
When it comes down to it some time the anime and the manga are very different. Also some times the stories are reimagined and retold in a new way. I haven't read Princess Tutu, but the anime is one of my most beloved.
The one anime that I can't stand, but want to read the magna for is Rosario Vampire. Form what I have understood the manga is well, almost nothing like the anime.
The fact is, is that this sort of thing happens and isn't worth complaining about bout.

Shy Noob

Personally, I prefer manga. Though sometimes, anime has nice events/scenes that haven't happened in the manga. ( Not talking about poorly-made fillers though )

Phantom

The main difference majority of the time is that mangas have more detailed plots while anime adaptions tend to rush a little. It really depends but the original production medium is usually better. Because in some cases the anime is the original piece and mangas are just spinoffs.
i generally think that any original form is better but the only reason i prefer watching anime than reading manga is the obvious reason that i get to see the characters moving and in color and stuff (: but i do want to get into reading more manga!

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
recently i was rewatching death note and i saw a bunch of comments on a video where everyone was going "THE ANIME IS BETTER THAN THE MOVIES". so i commented that the manga is better than both the anime and the movies.
then a bunch of people replied to my comment like NO U CRAZY THE ANIME IS BEST. and someone even put (something along the lines of) "i don't get why people read manga".

i can't understand how people can't appreciate that, even if they kept the story 90% the same for the anime adaptation, the manga art is just that much better-looking. emotion_8c

i generally prefer manga over anime but there are some exceptions (that i can't think of right now).

i will forever be confused and disappointed by the fact that jellyfish princess anime just randomly stops in the middle of the story and doesn't conclude anything.

Supportive Friend

17,000 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
most of the time with me the manga is usually alot better than the anime and it faster to read manga than to watch anime episodes usually
I often like both and have trouble weighing deciding which one is better. biggrin

Lucky Lunatic

22,890 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
Yes, manga is always better. There are no fillers, and the dialog is way better.
I prefer manga, mostly because I'm the slowest tv watcher in the history of ever. I'll watch one episode a day for a few days...and then a few months later pick up where I left off (not because the anime isn't good or anything, just how I am). But a manga I'll read 5 in a day.

I think it all depends on what you prefer. I like reading and seeing the art in front of me. A friend of mine prefers watching it and hearing it. I think as long as the vrersion you are watching is good (for example, I'd recommend reading Fruits Basket over the anime, but for Ouran High School Host Club, the anime version sticks well to the story, so if you like anime more than manga, go for it!)

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Manga will always be better. Soul eater went down a crazed path in the anime. The manga went on for a good bit and had a great ending that followed up on a lot of things and had a serious sad death at the end.
Gash bell. The anime did the same. Ended at a bad spot. Manga went on with some amazing brutal fights and clear note was a villian you had to hate since well. he pretty much took everyone out in the last few chapters.
air gear, inuyasha, rave master, all pretty much better. Fullmetal was the only one that stayed pretty true to everything in the manga *brotherhood*

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Meta77
Manga will always be better. Soul eater went down a crazed path in the anime. The manga went on for a good bit and had a great ending that followed up on a lot of things and had a serious sad death at the end.
Gash bell. The anime did the same. Ended at a bad spot. Manga went on with some amazing brutal fights and clear note was a villian you had to hate since well. he pretty much took everyone out in the last few chapters.
air gear, inuyasha, rave master, all pretty much better. Fullmetal was the only one that stayed pretty true to everything in the manga *brotherhood*
so you consider the Cowboy Bebop manga to be better than the anime? and the Wolf's Rain manga better than the anime? what about that 8 volume shonen manga Escaflowne got? or the first Darker Than BLACK manga? how about the one volume manga Crest of the Stars got and the Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II manga that each only got one volume? what about Rayearth, which many consider a prime example of how a manga adaption expansion should be given CLAMP was involved with the bits original to the anime?

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Meta77
so you consider the Cowboy Bebop manga to be better than the anime? and the Wolf's Rain manga better than the anime? what about that 8 volume shonen manga Escaflowne got? or the first Darker Than BLACK manga? how about the one volume manga Crest of the Stars got and the Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II manga that each only got one volume? what about Rayearth, which many consider a prime example of how a manga adaption expansion should be given CLAMP was involved with the bits original to the anime?
All of those mangas were great. Though i will say a anime can be great if it stays true to the source material. Not shows like bleach or soul eater that skew the story horribly because they come out early in the mangas life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff