6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Tirfaie
MarulanSoldier
Tirfaie
YES! WATCH IT!
Great plot, characterization and everything.

And dun be put off by the drawing style as most would.

Its very much worth the time to watch it all despite the number of episodes it has. Fillers are actually worth watching cause it doesn't really draw away from the actual plot of the story.

Dubs are fine though I do still prefer the subs as I love the VA: Mayumi Tanaka and Kazuya Nakai who does the voice of Luffy and Zoro.

One thing I know for sure is that the anime is defiantly a tear jerker. If you find yourself investing the time in this anime and actually watching through each arc- you might find yourself thoroughly attached to each character.

The beginning arc basically deals with the crew that our protagonist, Monkey D Luffy, is setting out to find. Each story arc are like one big character introduction and character development and its amazing how much thought that the creator Oda, puts into it. More amazing still is how characters you might think be inconsequential in ep 10 could play such a major role in like 50 or 100 episodes later. Nothing is left out and that's whats really amazing about this show.

Thank you for the great deal of information, I appreciate it smile

Oh you are welcome. And about those fillers, there are plenty of them placed throughout the anime, be it in an arc or a single episode filler. Thing is, you probably won't even realize its a filler either way as they are very well placed and doesn't do much to disrupt the flow of the series. They sometime help the anime along really. Thats one good thing about One Piece that I like. Most anime, when adding filler, sometime tends to derail from the original plot and when they get back to the main story-line, it just feels like you hit a bump in the road where the story just doesn't seem to piece together. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Yeah I agree about fillers, the feeling about when it feels like you hit a bump, happens a lot in naruto >.<
Good to know, thanks again! razz

Shy Cleric

13,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa
100% Yes to watching (or reading) it. It's an excellent series. And definitely go for subs as opposed to dubs. I listened to funi/ 4kids dubbed youtube clips and it was horrible compared to the orignal voices.

Also when watching One Piece, you could potentially opt not to watch the fillers but truthfully, they're fun to watch at least once for the most part. They're funny and some of them help you learn more about the characters. (There's one filler episode at like 300+ that talks about how the new crew member is fitting in. Totally cute and worth watching)

Well thanks for your help, I might watch it, but if you had to estimate, how many fillers would you say there are? And have you seen every episode?

Yes I have watched every episode. I use the episode guide here when I'm looking for specific episodes and stuff. It's really well organized and has everything labeled into sagas, arcs and fillers. biggrin Plus it has episode/ chapter (for the manga) summaries.

Hah, thanks a lot, really helped, might watch the first few episodes.

No prob biggrin Good luck and have fun. Just beware that it starts off slow but once the fun starts, it never really stops. :3

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Tirfaie
MarulanSoldier
Tirfaie
MarulanSoldier
Tirfaie
YES! WATCH IT!
Great plot, characterization and everything.

And dun be put off by the drawing style as most would.

Its very much worth the time to watch it all despite the number of episodes it has. Fillers are actually worth watching cause it doesn't really draw away from the actual plot of the story.

Dubs are fine though I do still prefer the subs as I love the VA: Mayumi Tanaka and Kazuya Nakai who does the voice of Luffy and Zoro.

One thing I know for sure is that the anime is defiantly a tear jerker. If you find yourself investing the time in this anime and actually watching through each arc- you might find yourself thoroughly attached to each character.

The beginning arc basically deals with the crew that our protagonist, Monkey D Luffy, is setting out to find. Each story arc are like one big character introduction and character development and its amazing how much thought that the creator Oda, puts into it. More amazing still is how characters you might think be inconsequential in ep 10 could play such a major role in like 50 or 100 episodes later. Nothing is left out and that's whats really amazing about this show.

Thank you for the great deal of information, I appreciate it smile

Oh you are welcome. And about those fillers, there are plenty of them placed throughout the anime, be it in an arc or a single episode filler. Thing is, you probably won't even realize its a filler either way as they are very well placed and doesn't do much to disrupt the flow of the series. They sometime help the anime along really. Thats one good thing about One Piece that I like. Most anime, when adding filler, sometime tends to derail from the original plot and when they get back to the main story-line, it just feels like you hit a bump in the road where the story just doesn't seem to piece together. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Yeah I agree about fillers, the feeling about when it feels like you hit a bump, happens a lot in naruto >.<
Good to know, thanks again! razz

Again, you are welcome. If you have any questions about One Piece still after having watched a few episodes, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. I'm an avid fan and have no problem in helping a possible fan along. (●´∀`●)

hehe, I think you made me really want to watch it! xD

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
TsukiRisa
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa
100% Yes to watching (or reading) it. It's an excellent series. And definitely go for subs as opposed to dubs. I listened to funi/ 4kids dubbed youtube clips and it was horrible compared to the orignal voices.

Also when watching One Piece, you could potentially opt not to watch the fillers but truthfully, they're fun to watch at least once for the most part. They're funny and some of them help you learn more about the characters. (There's one filler episode at like 300+ that talks about how the new crew member is fitting in. Totally cute and worth watching)

Well thanks for your help, I might watch it, but if you had to estimate, how many fillers would you say there are? And have you seen every episode?

Yes I have watched every episode. I use the episode guide here when I'm looking for specific episodes and stuff. It's really well organized and has everything labeled into sagas, arcs and fillers. biggrin Plus it has episode/ chapter (for the manga) summaries.

Hah, thanks a lot, really helped, might watch the first few episodes.

No prob biggrin Good luck and have fun. Just beware that it starts off slow but once the fun starts, it never really stops. :3

Well thats good, because its pretty common for the fun to stop in anime.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Tirfaie
MarulanSoldier
hehe, I think you made me really want to watch it! xD

lol Hopefully that's a good thing. One Piece has a rather slow start but if you keep at it, it will grow on you. Don't be surprise when you start crying during one or two or even all of the character (Luffy's crew) arcs. Well I did anyway. Some characters will even surprise you in how much of a major role they end up playing in the story, especially when you didn't think they would. Definitely gave me a shock.

haha I look forward to watching it. I might pm you if I have questions about it, hope you don't mind,
btw i've added you on gaia soo yeah. smile maybe we can become friends ?

Invisible Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
MarulanSoldier
Pre-Kid Gohan
MarulanSoldier
Is one piece worth watching, I know there's 500+ episodes, and i've seen other long anime's before.
So if you think so, than can you please tell me your suggestion on the show?.....And any other shout outs about the anime like, "aww theres a lot of filler's or witch in better, subbed or dubbed?)
thanks for the help smile

I, in some way, ask the same question to every fan I see. "Is it worth watching?" because on YouTube, you see anime crossovers with popular anime and it like, "Goku and Luffy fusion." Thanks for making this thread.

haha, no worries, maybe you could give me a link for the youtube crossovers? smile

Sure! Here they are:
-------------------------

Goku/Luffy Fusion

"REAL" Dragon Ball Z & One Piece Crossover Commercial

Might I add that I really like the second one! It's a comedy. whee

Bloodsucker

http://www1.watchop.com/
I advise it. It doesn't pick up until the Arlong arc, but hey. The first 20 episodes are hilarious.

Moonlight Duelist

I just started watching it, on episode 21 and subbed. Its a lot better than the 4kids dub I saw years ago.

3,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MarulanSoldier
Is one piece worth watching, I know there's 500+ episodes, and i've seen other long anime's before.
So if you think so, than can you please tell me your suggestion on the show?.....And any other shout outs about the anime like, "aww theres a lot of filler's or witch in better, subbed or dubbed?)

OMG YES! one piece is amazing, its hillarious it's outright epicosity. *YES thats a word*

Its so funny, give it a chance, watch two or 3 episodes and your gonna like it,
Great show for a longer show it manages to not drop in quality over time. at least not as much as other long running shows do.

As for dub or sub? I don't know the Dub is great really really great. One of my all time favorite dubs. However is it better then the Japanese version? No i would say they are on par. Still it is one of the best dubs out.

Yuki Aiba Do your self a favor and give the FUnimation dub a chance. It's great. The 4kids dub should only be remembered as a "How not to dub anime" example and besides that it should be forgotten and only the FUNi dub should be remembered.

Destructive Harvester

13,875 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Team Rina 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
MarulanSoldier

Read manga series. Its better, well this is my opinion. Haters gonna hate. mrgreen

Destructive Harvester

13,875 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Team Rina 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Creativerealms
Great sho, for a longer show it manages to not drop in quality over time. at least not as much as other long running shows do.

As for dub or sub? I don't know the Dub is great really really great. One of my all time favorite dubs. However is it better then the Japanese version? No i would say they are on par. Still it is one of the best dubs out.

Yuki Aiba Do your self a favor and give the FUnimation dub a chance. It's great. The 4kids dub should only be remembered as a "How not to dub anime" example and besides that it should be forgotten and only the FUNi dub should be remembered.

Dont watch dub. talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces