Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
amigobear v3
Try reading the manga, it read faster and the anime tends to have irregular quality at times. The arlong park arc is where the series starts to really pick up.

mhmm maybe, could u try sending me a link for the mange series, if not do you read it from the actually book?

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
TsukiRisa
100% Yes to watching (or reading) it. It's an excellent series. And definitely go for subs as opposed to dubs. I listened to funi/ 4kids dubbed youtube clips and it was horrible compared to the orignal voices.

Also when watching One Piece, you could potentially opt not to watch the fillers but truthfully, they're fun to watch at least once for the most part. They're funny and some of them help you learn more about the characters. (There's one filler episode at like 300+ that talks about how the new crew member is fitting in. Totally cute and worth watching)

Well thanks for your help, I might watch it, but if you had to estimate, how many fillers would you say there are? And have you seen every episode?

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
le r e v o i r e
Read it. Better and less expensive, assuming you want to go about things without opening that box allll locked up with locks.

If you must watch it, the dub is fine. Don't listen to people who say the sub is better, it's up to you to decide which voices you feel suit the characters better.

True, thank you for your opinion. smile

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
FRico8
I personaly like the sub better, but I don't know for other people. The serie is really good, but Skipea arc was taking FFFOOOOORRRREEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEE*couple years later*EEERRRRRRR to end. The rest is all good, hell Skipea is good, it just last forever. There's some filler here and there, sure but they usualy are pretty good. Oh and the soundtrack is damn awesome :O Oddly enough I can only remember Overtaken for now <.<

The story has a weird way of making you like and care for everything, and believe me, I felt sad for a boat. A BOAT.

The only thing I dislike a bit about One Piece is Ussop's nose, but other than that, not much.

Thanks for the advice, although is it mainly about pirates? or is it more advanced than that?

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Tirfaie
YES! WATCH IT!
Great plot, characterization and everything.

And dun be put off by the drawing style as most would.

Its very much worth the time to watch it all despite the number of episodes it has. Fillers are actually worth watching cause it doesn't really draw away from the actual plot of the story.

Dubs are fine though I do still prefer the subs as I love the VA: Mayumi Tanaka and Kazuya Nakai who does the voice of Luffy and Zoro.

One thing I know for sure is that the anime is defiantly a tear jerker. If you find yourself investing the time in this anime and actually watching through each arc- you might find yourself thoroughly attached to each character.

The beginning arc basically deals with the crew that our protagonist, Monkey D Luffy, is setting out to find. Each story arc are like one big character introduction and character development and its amazing how much thought that the creator Oda, puts into it. More amazing still is how characters you might think be inconsequential in ep 10 could play such a major role in like 50 or 100 episodes later. Nothing is left out and that's whats really amazing about this show.

Thank you for the great deal of information, I appreciate it smile
MarulanSoldier

Thanks for the advice, although is it mainly about pirates? or is it more advanced than that?

Mainly about Pirates, but there's other stuff like rebellions and such. Although there's not much actual pirating, it's pretty much sailing around and beating the s**t of everything not ally in sight and occasionaly Nami stealing stuff.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
MHX
Yes, watch/read it, based on what everyone already said.
The older episodes quality kinda sucks though, but the new ones are HD.
Other than that, the manga, plot, and characters are awesome.

Thats great to know, thanks! smile
Thats sort of like naruto and bleach since they are both ongoing and are in both HD.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Izakiko
I didn't like it...
But it's better than Naruto.

So what your saying is one piece is s**t, and naruto is shitter?
Because I liked naruto so I might chose to watch one piece.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Prodigious_girl
I wondered the same thing awhile back...I ended up giving the funimation dub a try and now I'm episode 117. XD It kind of grows on you.

Some of the arcs take forever though! I haven't gotten to the dreaded Skypeia yet, but Alabasta is dragging on. Watch the first few episodes of it to get acquainted with Ace then just pop the movie in and skip the rest.

LOL, thanks for the info.

Shy Cleric

13,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa
100% Yes to watching (or reading) it. It's an excellent series. And definitely go for subs as opposed to dubs. I listened to funi/ 4kids dubbed youtube clips and it was horrible compared to the orignal voices.

Also when watching One Piece, you could potentially opt not to watch the fillers but truthfully, they're fun to watch at least once for the most part. They're funny and some of them help you learn more about the characters. (There's one filler episode at like 300+ that talks about how the new crew member is fitting in. Totally cute and worth watching)

Well thanks for your help, I might watch it, but if you had to estimate, how many fillers would you say there are? And have you seen every episode?

Yes I have watched every episode. I use the episode guide here when I'm looking for specific episodes and stuff. It's really well organized and has everything labeled into sagas, arcs and fillers. biggrin Plus it has episode/ chapter (for the manga) summaries.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Pre-Kid Gohan
MarulanSoldier
Is one piece worth watching, I know there's 500+ episodes, and i've seen other long anime's before.
So if you think so, than can you please tell me your suggestion on the show?.....And any other shout outs about the anime like, "aww theres a lot of filler's or witch in better, subbed or dubbed?)
thanks for the help smile

I, in some way, ask the same question to every fan I see. "Is it worth watching?" because on YouTube, you see anime crossovers with popular anime and it like, "Goku and Luffy fusion." Thanks for making this thread.

haha, no worries, maybe you could give me a link for the youtube crossovers? smile

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
RaRitsujun
one piece manga>anime

one piece’s as childish as fairy tail〜
ninja

If its childish, maybe you can tell me more realistic anime's?

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
FRico8
MarulanSoldier

Mainly about Pirates, but there's other stuff like rebellions and such. Although there's not much actual pirating, it's pretty much sailing around and beating the s**t of everything not ally in sight and occasionaly Nami stealing stuff.

Ok, gives me an idea of the anime, thanks.

Dedicated Gaian

6,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
TsukiRisa
MarulanSoldier
TsukiRisa

Yes I have watched every episode. I use the episode guide here when I'm looking for specific episodes and stuff. It's really well organized and has everything labeled into sagas, arcs and fillers. biggrin Plus it has episode/ chapter (for the manga) summaries.

Hah, thanks a lot, really helped, might watch the first few episodes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff