Welcome to Gaia! ::

You're right, just because an anime has someone shooting everyones head off and people cussing at each other doesn't make it better than others.
foxxy_love_sugar
Blibbles
A good cartoon needs sarcasm during fight!! WOO!!

Or maybe a 5 year old girl who knows nothing of the world and we all get a kick out of it!

The girl in Chobits knew nothing about life, that was pretty popular. Sure, she was nude sometimes and it was a bit ecchi, but there was no guns or blood was there?
Yotsuba is much cuter.
Luzonicus X
u mean to say u like just plain.. stories..no conflicts?? can u name one show anime without violence?? stare
Yostuba&! It has water gun violence.
Blibbles
Luzonicus X
u mean to say u like just plain.. stories..no conflicts?? can u name one show anime without violence?? stare
Yostuba&! It has water gun violence.
Mwa ha ha.
Woobz
American viewers are to sensitive. In every other country nudity, violence, and use fo cigs is acceptable. They do not use as much foul language though.
Of course! Our children NEED to be exposed to death, guns, and violence! If not, they'll grow up to be sissy homosexuals!

This post made my day. X3
foxxy_love_sugar
If your upset about guns, blood, killing, or cussing being taken out of an anime, then please just GET A LIFE!!
If the guns, blood, killing, cussing, etc were the only things that made the anime good, then just how good was the anime?
And for you people who claim and whine that "Im matur enough 2 c a gun!"
Well, I'm just saying but: You don't look very mature on here with all your chatspeak and bad grammar. stare
A good anime doesn't need guns, cussing, killing, blood etc to define it, a good anime should be one with a great plot, and creative characters.

How shortsighted. Have you ever seen a Quentin Tarantion movie? COVERED in mountains of style and ultra violence.
But they're critically acclaimed because of it.

That also goes for Cowboy bebop, would you like it half as much of Spike didn't shoot people and smoke? No , he'd be pretty boring.

ANOTHER thing, don't bullshit me. Taking out weapons and blood DRASTICALLY lowers the level at which you can take something seriously.
If people are aiming supersoakers at eachother, and shooting poisen suction cups.
Are you going to be on the edge of your seat? Hell no.
Are you going to laugh? Yes you are.
Hit the road kid.
Granvirias
Luzonicus X
Hamtaro.

3nodding

But she still has a very good point.

"No conflicts?"

Exactly.

Without blood, and weapons, without DANGER. What kind of story is that?
(I'm speaking about editted stories, not series without major conflict)
While I personally enjoy violence in anime because I find it makes it more interesting, I agree with the fact that anime shouldn't have to have violence in it to make it a good plot. A good anime artists can give a plot with minimal blood and gore and still keep people entertained.

But that doesn't mean I like violence.
WHAT IS THIS BISH-BASH?! Hellsing needs blood ,guns and cussing. DUH!!! domokun
Luzonicus X
Maramlade Boy...
Ruroni kenshin needs blood cuz' otherwise it aint violent enough.
shojuntu
Ruroni kenshin needs blood cuz' otherwise it aint violent enough.
or dramatic enough
Woobz
American viewers are to sensitive. In every other country nudity, violence, and use fo cigs is acceptable. They do not use as much foul language though.

i wouldnt talk about japan, there a country where child prostitution is commonly seen on the steets and the police do nothing about it. there crime rate is also rising and there economy is crashing, so dont take an example from them.
what, no blood, guts, guns, violence or glory, what society are u living in. What show would u really truely watch that has no blood, or anytype of violence, cuz i dont know about u..........well wait let me stop, cuz i like a good romance anime once and a while............but yes violence in anime is the answer. scream twisted
The point of the first post was that blood guts and violence is not what makes an anime great. Sure they add to the feel of it, but it's the characters, plot and animation that make an anime great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff