Welcome to Gaia! ::

But some anime DO have adult themes.

Now I know most teens don't go around and watch Inuyasha, but little 6 year olds don't either. Inuyasha is for kids 10 and up, I think.
Please do some research before posting anymore, okay?
Dolad
Please do some research before posting anymore, okay?

What do you mean? They are what they are, you are the ones not knowing that.
Your point...
Nyah what did you want to accomplish Mahou? By telling us this, what did you want to accomplish? sad
domokun stare
Do you watch anime MTQ?
I was asking mahoutragicqueen to do some research before posting again.
Wha?? why u.... You mock my pain! xd
This is the most flames I've ever had. xp
Do you watch anime MTQ?
MahouTragicQueen
This is the most flames I've ever had. xp

What did you expect? Friends?
This whole arguement isn't valid at all to begin with.

First of all, I don't think that seeing or not seeing people walking around with anime paraphenalia is an indication of it's popularity, here or in Japan. You don't see people walking around with it much here, either.

Second, when it comes to finding anime stuff in stores, you are much more likely to find an anime store, cosplay cafe, or anime merchandise in general at a store in Japan than in the U.S. Phone cards, cell phone straps, plushies in arcades, figurines, manga books, doujinshi, even advertisements...you name it, you can find anime easier in Japan than the US. It's not that hard to find, at least in Tokyo in the places I visited; you might have more trouble in smaller cities in Japan, but then again, you'd have trouble finding anime in rural Kentucky, too).

Anime is produced for all audiences in Japan; shows like Gantz tend to attract an audience of over 16 due to their graphic/adult content. Adults (30+) don't watch much anime on TV, but they are a large portion of viewers who go see Miyazaki films. Besides, you don't see a lot of 30+ anime fans in the U.S. either.

Saying anime is more "adult" that American animation is both true and false. It is true that because of the cultural differences between Japan and the US, some anime content would be considered inappropriate for younger audiences in the US. Therefore, yes, anime can be considered "adult" in the US, because a large portion of anime fans in the US are over 18.

At the same time, it is not really "adult" because anime is a broad category of animated entertainment with shows targeting all audiences. Saying anime is adult (or not adult, for that matter) is like saying all PG-13 movies are made for teens.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama...these appeal to adults just as much as kids. The Flintstones and the Jetsons were created originally for adults (complete with laugh track to make it feel like a sitcom).

Just because anime is, for lack of a better word, a cartoon, does not make it non-adult. It's just another form of entertainment, and has many audiences. It is neither adult nor non-adult, unless it is intended to be one or the other (i.e. hentai).

The point is moot. Now shaddap.
Oo_Miki_oO
Do you watch anime MTQ?

Please answer the question.
Millions Maxmillion
This whole arguement isn't valid at all to begin with.

First of all, I don't think that seeing or not seeing people walking around with anime paraphenalia is an indication of it's popularity, here or in Japan. You don't see people walking around with it here much, either.

Second, when it comes to finding anime stuff in stores, you are much more likely to find an anime store, cosplay cafe, or anime merchandise in general at a store in Japan than in the U.S. Phone cards, cell phone straps, plushies in arcades, figurines, manga books, doujinshi, even advertisements...you name it, you can find anime easier in Japan than the US. It's not that hard to find, at least in Tokyo in the places I visited; you might have more trouble in smaller cities in Japan, but then again, you'd have trouble finding anime in rural Kentucky, too).

Anime is produced for all audiences in Japan; shows like Gantz tend to attract an audience of over 16 due to their graphic/adult content. Adults (30+) don't watch much anime on TV, but they are a large portion of viewers who go see Miyazaki films. Besides, you don't see a lot of 30+ anime fans in the U.S. either.

Saying anime is more "adult" that American animation is both true and false. It is true that because of the cultural differences between Japan and the US, some anime content would be considered inappropriate for younger audiences in the US. Therefore, yes, anime can be considered "adult" in the US, because a large portion of anime fans in the US are over 18.

At the same time, it is not really "adult" because anime is a broad category of animated entertainment with shows targeting all audiences. Saying anime is adult (or not adult, for that matter) is like saying all PG-13 movies are made for teens.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama...these appeal to adults just as much as kids. The Flintstones and the Jetsons were created originally for adults (complete with laugh track to make it feel like a sitcom).

Just because anime is, for lack of a better word, a cartoon, does not make it non-adult. It's just another form of entertainment, and has many audiences. It is neither adult nor non-adult, unless it is intended to be one or the other (i.e. hentai).

The point is moot. Now shaddap.

Awsomeness. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas