• Entrepreneur 150
I loved Dai-guard. Though I like this even better

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PTFO-Gurosin
watch getter robo and you will forever be in love with mecha anime.

too much high power cannon man!!

Seen that and Shin getter robo and neo getter robo.
I have heard this complaint before, and here's a good reason as to why there is not much discussion about mecha anime any more:
Like all things, the time period in which mecha-genre anime has a limit. The fan base also has a limit. Mecha anime hit it's peak a while ago and since not much mecha has come out that has been able to create the fan base that mecha had in it's early days and when it was at it's peak. This is one of the reasons why it does not have the fan base and discussion that you seek. There simply isn't a big enough fan base anymore.

Tastes are changing, and creators have to keep up with the changing tastes so that they can produce a series that a vast majority of people will want to read/watch. The dwindling fan base and changing tastes of the majority of viewers are other contributing factors.

However, since you are a clear fan of the genre, and not the first one I've seen complaining about a lack of discussion on the topic, I recommend that you start a guild or a bunch of forums or do something to find other fans that you can achieve the discussion that you want.

Generous Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
It's not all about the mecha anymore, like it used to be. And most people put mecha completely under Gundam series.

After Gundam Wing, we got too picky and looked for characters that were a lot like those of said anime. Then only the flashy ones like Code Geass and Eureka Seven became really popular and it's not for the mecha, but for the characters and storyline. (Which I actually like those, just giving my opinion here xp )

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Kind of sad really but hey if people prefer that shoujo s**t about bishounen's, yaoi, or god forbid those tsundere loli's more power to them.

It's just disappointing not many people actually post about Mecha anime. Well...Topics about something other then Gundam...I mean damn so it's a meta-series and there's a new one every couple or years, depending if there are two seasons or not...

The fact of the matter is I would love to see people discussing Super robot animes like Mazinger or rather Mazinkaiser SKL, anything from the brave series, Godannar, hell even GunxSword I thnk is a super robot anime.

Again I'm not a super robot fanboy.....Well okay I am but I do have much love for the real robots.

Well it looks like you haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion yet. Watch that first, then you'll see that all other robot shows are s**t.

I've seen NGE I own the first two rebuild movies on dvd, and there are far better mecha shows then that I can promise you that.

Have you seen the original show? The show is way deeper. And don't compare the show to the movies. The show is better. Watch them, then come back and talk to me.

And there are no other mecha shows better than Evangelion.

Like Hideaki Anno said, "There is nothing newer than Evangelion."

Obvious sheep listening to thinly veiled marketing speech

Quote:
Well it looks like another person didn't get Evangelion. Or maybe you don't want to get it. Is it to strong for your mind? What part didn't you get?

Yeah I don't get one thing. How the ******** can they can create so many proto evas. Without draining lilith of her fluids(For that matter, they never showed how evangelions are fully made)And how did they manage to get her in a crucified state with the longinus attached when Evas didn't exist then.

Tsk tsk. Another shallow mind. How sad.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Xilos_0
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0
Kind of sad really but hey if people prefer that shoujo s**t about bishounen's, yaoi, or god forbid those tsundere loli's more power to them.

It's just disappointing not many people actually post about Mecha anime. Well...Topics about something other then Gundam...I mean damn so it's a meta-series and there's a new one every couple or years, depending if there are two seasons or not...

The fact of the matter is I would love to see people discussing Super robot animes like Mazinger or rather Mazinkaiser SKL, anything from the brave series, Godannar, hell even GunxSword I thnk is a super robot anime.

Again I'm not a super robot fanboy.....Well okay I am but I do have much love for the real robots.

Well it looks like you haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion yet. Watch that first, then you'll see that all other robot shows are s**t.

I've seen NGE I own the first two rebuild movies on dvd, and there are far better mecha shows then that I can promise you that.

Have you seen the original show? The show is way deeper. And don't compare the show to the movies. The show is better. Watch them, then come back and talk to me.

Reread what I said. I said I've seen NGE. The show not the movies. I own the movies. Toji was the pilot of unit 03 not Asuka. Shinji rejected instrumentality at the end of the series though he caused third impact in the end of evangelion.

Evangelion came out in '95. There have been quite a number of mecha anime since it's release. And he probably only said it back when it first came out.

Gaogaigar which came out a year after NGE was done was a much bigger success and has many more fans. Hell the ova's for older shows like Mazinkaiser and shin getter robo apocalypse were better then evangelion.

The whole concept of NGE was nice for a bit but the main character was weak in personality and the supporting characters were crap too. The best part of the show was when they were actually fighting. All the emotional issues that followed just dragged it down. Which is probably why I like the manga adaptation and the movies.

Really now?

True. Someone was listening and has his mind open.

I don't even know what that show is and probably isn't better than Evangelion. The old shows don't have a dub yet. And they weren't even close to Evangelion. They had action, not psychological thriller.

The concept of NGE is great and will be great for millenniums to come. Weak personality? I want you to go in his shoes and see if you can accomplish what he has done. Probably you won't even last a day. Supporting characters were amazing. What emotional issues? The issues were with you, not the show. Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean the show sucked. The manga adaptation is a different lifetime from the show. Same universe, different time. Like how RoE is a continuation of the original series. I hope you knew that. Otherwise you didn't get Evangelion at all.

Eloquent Streaker

I have enjoyed exactly two mecha anime- Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Just never found any others all that appealing.

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Requiem in Mortis
I have enjoyed exactly two mecha anime- Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. Just never found any others all that appealing.

Not even Star Driver mate. This s**t hole loved it.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Bokurano. that is all.

......and also NGE, eureka seven, and gurren laggan.

Basically if the main focus of the story is on the characters and not the robots.

I'm thinking of trying out Gad Guard, has anyone seen it?

2,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
Voltron, Eureka 7, Gurren Lagann, and Big 0.

Invisible Lover

I've always enjoyed the more "believable" Mech anime.

I've never really liked the Mech anime where they can "become super powered by the raw emotions of the user" - or some other nonsense like that.

Perfect example of what I dig, though, is:
Gundam 08th MS Team

They kept s**t real. No super power up's in the middle of a crisis - Just the ability and potential of the individual pilots. No one was invincible and they were often damaged during battle.

Alien Invader

I don't know why the popularity died down. I swear they used to be all the rage. gonk

Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rahxephon are two of of my favorites series EVARRRRR.
I was never big on Gundam at all except for 08th MS Team.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
Xilos_0

Obvious sheep listening to thinly veiled marketing speech

Quote:
Well it looks like another person didn't get Evangelion. Or maybe you don't want to get it. Is it to strong for your mind? What part didn't you get?

Yeah I don't get one thing. How the ******** can they can create so many proto evas. Without draining lilith of her fluids(For that matter, they never showed how evangelions are fully made)And how did they manage to get her in a crucified state with the longinus attached when Evas didn't exist then.

Really now?

True. Someone was listening and has his mind open.

I don't even know what that show is and probably isn't better than Evangelion. The old shows don't have a dub yet. And they weren't even close to Evangelion. They had action, not psychological thriller.

The concept of NGE is great and will be great for millenniums to come. Weak personality? I want you to go in his shoes and see if you can accomplish what he has done. Probably you won't even last a day. Supporting characters were amazing. What emotional issues? The issues were with you, not the show. Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean the show sucked. The manga adaptation is a different lifetime from the show. Same universe, different time. Like how RoE is a continuation of the original series. I hope you knew that. Otherwise you didn't get Evangelion at all.

No wonder everybody hates you rofl

No you just can't understand Evangelion. Stop hating yourself and try to learn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff