Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
vee jumped
I don't know why the popularity died down. I swear they used to be all the rage. gonk

Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rahxephon are two of of my favorites series EVARRRRR.
I was never big on Gundam at all except for 08th MS Team.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Another Evangelion fan.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Xilos_0

Hey Ops. Just saying don't involve yourself with this person:

Blackrose2015

She's not exactly the worst person in thius forum, but she's a well known Killjoy in this parts. Also any conversation that includes Eva will practically have her snarling you back with even more bullshit psychological pandering, and mocking your intelligence.

Tl;dr: You like to have fun with giant robots. Don't talk to kill joys like this kind of people. Put her on Ignore so she may never kill the fun and diversity your thread gives this to pitiful forum.

You just keep refusing to understand Evangelion. Its the best mecha out there. There is nothing like it. Everything else just copied it.

Alien Invader

Blackrose2015
vee jumped
I don't know why the popularity died down. I swear they used to be all the rage. gonk

Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rahxephon are two of of my favorites series EVARRRRR.

It's my second favorite directly behind Cowboy Bebop.
I don't know how Evangelion sort of...fell out of good standing? I rarely meet people who love the series anymore when 10 years it was all anyone could talk about. emotion_donotwant

I mean the movie alone.
THE MOVIE ALONE.
It makes me want to blow my brains out for so many reasons. rofl

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Shinji has abandonment issues stemming from the fact his dad abandoned him soon after his mother died. He never really had any friends until Toji and that other kid whose name I don't remember.

He sort of develops an Oedipus complex with Rei since he likes her but he doesn't know that she's a genetic clone of his mother. Aside from the obvious mess that is shinji's mind he also has to deal with a drunk b***h who's basically a tease and drinks beer like she's dying of thirst in a desert and beer is the only thing she can drink.

Not to mention the s**t he puts up with from Asuka who by the way suffers from her own parent issues. Her mother hung herself and tried to convince her daughter to kill herself to. Plus before her mother's suicide she constantly thought Asuka's doll was Asuka. She constantly berates shinji calling him and idiot and mocks him whenever he apologizes for making a mistake. which wouldn't normally be a problem but she makes into such a big deal and then when he tries to apologize she mocks him for ALWAYS apologizing.

And yes I could do a better job then shinji because I don't care about people's opinions about me. He was so concerned about how people saw him and if they accepted him then doing his job. His JOB ladies and gentlemen was to protect the city and prevent third impact by killing ALL angels.

The only two people who actually remotely showed point blank acceptance for Shinji regardless of what he did or who he was, was probably Kaworu and Kaji. Kaji played the ever so important male example. A basic person for shinji to look up to since all the adults in his life were basically s**t because of their own insecurities.

Kaworu despite being the final angel in human form accepted shinji and even said those three magic words. 'I love you'. All Kaworu wanted to do was make Shinji happy. So yeah to quote Schiff up there^. Evangelion is basically post apocalypse with nothing but teen angst, adult angst, and a kid's issues with abandonment and acceptance from EVERYONE no matter what he did.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
vee jumped
Blackrose2015
vee jumped

I don't know how Evangelion sort of...fell out of good standing? I rarely meet people who love the series anymore when 10 years it was all anyone could talk about. emotion_donotwant

I mean the movie alone.
THE MOVIE ALONE.

Yes. The movies are awesome. It's still good but people don't know the greatest of it. And most of the people don't understand it. That's why people stay away from it. They just have small brains and don't want to understand it because they are unintelligent.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Xilos_0

Hey Ops. Just saying don't involve yourself with this person:

Blackrose2015

She's not exactly the worst person in thius forum, but she's a well known Killjoy in this parts. Also any conversation that includes Eva will practically have her snarling you back with even more bullshit psychological pandering, and mocking your intelligence.

Tl;dr: You like to have fun with giant robots. Don't talk to kill joys like this kind of people. Put her on Ignore so she may never kill the fun and diversity your thread gives this to pitiful forum.

You just keep refusing to understand Evangelion. Its the best mecha out there. There is nothing like it. Everything else just copied it.

Using Best is very subjective. You can tell people its the best, but if anyone has a more diverse taste than you are. Then your point shatters as quickly as I can hit a glass ball with a bat.

As I said a while ago. There are better psychological animes out there, they just happened to be better than evangelion in every sort of way.

So give it a rest you persistent sheep. Learn to accept other things that are better than your old favorite.

I do watch other shows. But no other mecha show is better. Ok then. Please tell me a "better" psychological anime out there. Has to have humanoid robots, biblical imagery, and an organization that runs the show. That's, if you can.

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
TheBlueDanubeSchiff
Blackrose2015
TheBlueDanubeSchiff

Obvious sheep listening to thinly veiled marketing speech

Yeah I don't get one thing. How the ******** can they can create so many proto evas. Without draining lilith of her fluids(For that matter, they never showed how evangelions are fully made)And how did they manage to get her in a crucified state with the longinus attached when Evas didn't exist then.

Really now?

True. Someone was listening and has his mind open.

I don't even know what that show is and probably isn't better than Evangelion. The old shows don't have a dub yet. And they weren't even close to Evangelion. They had action, not psychological thriller.

The concept of NGE is great and will be great for millenniums to come. Weak personality? I want you to go in his shoes and see if you can accomplish what he has done. Probably you won't even last a day. Supporting characters were amazing. What emotional issues? The issues were with you, not the show. Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean the show sucked. The manga adaptation is a different lifetime from the show. Same universe, different time. Like how RoE is a continuation of the original series. I hope you knew that. Otherwise you didn't get Evangelion at all.

No wonder everybody hates you rofl

No you just can't understand Evangelion. Stop hating yourself and try to learn.

Pffft Everybody got evengaylion. Its the apocalypse with angst, and more angst, and biblical terms that barely fits the anime. All played because "It sounds sophisticated"

As a big fan like me, I've discovered like 80% of the show. I'm still discovering secrets that the great Hideaki Anno has placed. It's not just the apocalyptic parts that make it awesome. It's the biblical references and subliminal messages that also make it great.

Alien Invader

Blackrose2015
vee jumped
Blackrose2015
vee jumped

I mean the movie alone.
THE MOVIE ALONE.

Yes. The movies are awesome. It's still good but people don't know the greatest of it. And most of the people don't understand it. That's why people stay away from it. They just have small brains and don't want to understand it because they are unintelligent.

I only like End of Evangelion. Death and Rebirth kind of angered me when I was younger that it was basically a condensed version. I should probably rewatch sometime just for the little bits of new stuff.
Though the movies they just came out with You Are Not Alone and whatnot.
God, I wanted to die and not in a good way. emotion_facepalm I only watched the first one and after Mitsuko just like strolled Shinji downstairs to show him Adam I raged. I literally started screaming at the televsion. neutral

Oh, well. The series in general requires a bit of reading into and then ends both in series and movies are pretty...existential. Most people just focus on Shinji's relationship towards people when it's about much more than him. I've noticed the newer generation of anime fans have little appreciation for this series often saying it's comparable to other's, but they forget what came first or simply saw newer anime first. At the end of the day though it's different strokes for different folks. The majority of my favorite anime come from the 90s and very early 00s.
Mecha fan here. ninja

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lelouch Demon Emperor
Mecha fan here. ninja

Zero. Why do you keep breaking your Burai?
GunSstray
Lelouch Demon Emperor
Mecha fan here. ninja

Burai? not familiar with the word.

4,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lelouch Demon Emperor
GunSstray
Lelouch Demon Emperor
Mecha fan here. ninja

emotion_drool
Mfw when this guy is the cart driver.
GunSstray
Lelouch Demon Emperor
GunSstray
Lelouch Demon Emperor
Mecha fan here. ninja

emotion_drool
Mfw when this guy is the cart driver.

ah now i get it, sorry i didn't know what it was called. sweatdrop learn something new everyday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff