Welcome to Gaia! ::

Currently I am looking for an anime with Romance/Horror/Mystery and Psychological themes. An anime a lot like Mirai Nikki would be perfect or an anime like Deadman Wonderland with more romance. Romance and Horror are the two main things I'm looking for! Thanks biggrin

Wealthy Prophet

one of my personal favs is ghost hunt. if you don't mind reading manga there is also the different corpse party mangas

Rainbow Wrangler

13,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Elfen Lied
Tokyo Ghoul manga.
Adelgirl
one of my personal favs is ghost hunt. if you don't mind reading manga there is also the different corpse party mangas
Ghost Hunt doesn't have romance though, does it?

Wealthy Prophet

NeonReptile
Adelgirl
Ghost Hunt doesn't have romance though, does it?

it kind of does a little. not as much as some, its more like the girl starts to like the guy and you feel like they are going to end up together. If you do want to start this series i would suggest reading the manga, the manga goes further than the anime.

Kawaii Shounen

Juuzou Chan
Tokyo Ghoul manga.

I dont think tokyo ghoul has romance... or has it?
I mean I read it but I havent seen any single of romance
unless you meant toka and kaneki?

bittersweet music
Juuzou Chan
Tokyo Ghoul manga.

I dont think tokyo ghoul has romance... or has it?
I mean I read it but I havent seen any single of romance
unless you meant toka and kaneki?

yeah there isn't really anything POINTING them to bein a relationship, sure touka cares a lot about kaneki but that's all there is to

i don't really see a big hint of romance, and i doubt there will be any romance in the manga/anime

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
The only title I can think of that has all of those elements is the Le Petite Cossette OVA.
There isn't an anime for it, but I highly recommend After School Nightmare (ignore the lame title). I'd say it falls under "Psychological" than "Horror," but it does kinda have that vibe (if I remember correctly). Definitely worth checking out, either way.

Adult chan's Husband

Friendly Elder

From The New World
Got a sprinkling of all those things in it

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sinful Elegy
Elfen Lied

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
Akira: one of the earliest gory animes, it's a classic

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales: Old traditional horror tales of Japan made into animation.

Berserk: man who was born out of a corpse become a mercenary when he becomes older, meets up with a group, becomes friends. Then the leader of group goes crazy, makes deals with demons and kills group but said man survives and vows revenge.

Blood +: A vampire girl who is on a quest to kill her twin sister. On her journey she looses many friends but makes friends as well. Fighting scenes with katana's heart

Blood C: different take on Blood +

Casshern Sins: an android who has amnesia but seems to be the cause of the the earth dying and his traveling companions

Corpse Party: A group of friends about to graduate play a game that is said to keep them together even when they go their separate ways. But instead they are taken to another reality where the dead remain and hunt those that are still alive.

Dance in the Vampire Bund: there are werewolves and shapshifting vamps. The leader looks no older than 10 but she is very powerful and cunning. Fight scenes and blood but has a little humor.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: About a boy whose ancestor was a killer and he inherited said killers powers and weapon and a girl whose hair keeps on growing and is almost impossible to cut. Together they fight enemies who want to kill the girl with their own killer goods.

Gantz: A strange machine brings people back to life so that said people can kill aliens who have come to earth. Be warned, these aliens won't go down without taking a limb or two.

Hellsing (g)

Highschool Of The Dead

Jigoku Shoujo Ai: A girl named Ai is tasked with forcibly taking people into hell by the request of other humans. How do they request, since it is modern day, of course it is through the internet.

Jormungand: about a group of weapons dealer and the relationship between the youngest, a child soldier, and their female leader, who has a few screws loose and loosing more.

Mnemosyne: Immortal humans fighting those who would do any horrific thing to obtain immortality as well.

Noein: sci-fi and alternate realities. Sort of liked it, sort of did not. confused

Penguindrum: Future, aliens, dystopia, family. Depends on person, I did not watch much of it.

Higurashi ga naku koro ni

Umineko ga naku koro ni

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Magical girls who fight witches but realize the horrible reality of said witches.

Pumpkin Scissors: a military group tasked with eradicating corruption in a cease war era. Liked the manga better.

Pupa (g)

Seikon no Qwaser

Shangri La: in the future global warming has warped the geography of the world. In Japan, an adventurous girl lives within a dangerously dense forest with her village, each individual waiting for the day they are allowed to live in the utopian like building of Japan. Yet there is intrigue within those walls which somehow are connected with said girl. Has fantasy and sci-fi-ish.

Shinsekai yori : about a group of friends who live in a small community of telekinetic users, in an almost utopia like setting. But as these friends grow older they begin to learn of the horror through which and why said utopia was achieved and kept.

Towa no Quon: a group of power users who hide from a governmental society intent on eradicating them as well as those who have awakened to similar powers.

Un-Go : set in the future in a war recovering from war. a private detective and his follower/boss who solve crimes through deduction and with one question a suspect has to answer truthfully.

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image
"A ᴛʜɪᴇғ ɪs ᴀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ʜɪs ᴘʀᴇʏ ɪɴ sᴛʏʟᴇ"
╔══════════════════╗
x
dusk maiden of amnesia
x
╚══════════════════╝
"A ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ғᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs"
User Image

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Try Blood+. It's got horror and a little romance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff