Welcome to Gaia! ::

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
          Not sure if this has already been discussed recently but eh...
          So, are you the type that can contain yourself and got exceptional accounting skills? Or do you go nuts when you see merchandise that's of your favorite character and/or anime?

Horridon's Spouse

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image
"Tʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ,"
╔══════════════════╗
x
I normally try to stay under 50 bucks. But I spoil myself it is one of my favorite characters or series.
x
╚══════════════════╝
"ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʟᴀʏ."
User Image

Lonely Regular

13,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
"To the one I love..

The most I spent on any merchandise is my Stockings figure that is around $130+ w/ shipping.

******** shipping charges.

..prepare to die."
User Image

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
it depends on how much I like the series and how good the merch is, I'll still bargain hunt for the best deal even if I really want something, tho.

Shameless Stalker

If I really like it I will spend a ton on my hobby.

Right now though, it seems my Model Kits take the most of my money.

Aged Codger

A lot, apparently. I spent over $500 w/shipping on a Vita with Miku on it (also includes Project Diva f). And I already had a Vita. ;_;

I could have bought a really bitchin' graphics card with that, but nooo, had to get the ******** Miku Vita (I still ******** love it, though).

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
It depends, I guess. Certain types of merch deserve certain price tags.
I buy very little merchandise these days, because I just don't have the space. I do still collect art books and recently spent a little over $100 on Kim Jung Gi's 2011 Sketch Collection, which is freakin' awesome.

Conservative Genius

$100 is my limit for a single item and I have to really like the series in which it comes from.

Distinct Dabbler

For a series I tend not to buy plushies or keyrings, etc and so money can be spent on better figures, manga, and dvds. Generally I think around £200/ $320 to be generous for conventions and events for several series. But I only really go to two events a year and don't shop online for these types of things.

I like a good bargin and I don't just buy the first thing that has my favourite series name on it. I like buying unique looking figures for a good price, despite not knowing about the series. I tend to love the series afterwards.

Witty Phantom

I spend around $100 bucks at a con.
But I was sucked into an anime wonderland.
It won't happen again.

Dapper Informer

I usually save up a crapload of money throughout the year and then spend it on whatever my heart desires.
My limit is usually $100 on any one thing, especially if it's a figure or something. Amiami's kicking my a** with how much it is to import a game.

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I try really hard to limit myself to absolutely no more than $100 an item, and even then I hate spending that much. My older boxed sets are sadly in the $150 range because they were purchased before compressed packaging or whatever =_=.
I'm a broke struggling actor, I couldn't afford more than $30 for an item if I wanted to!

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Hmmm...So far the most I've ever spent on a single item is about $60.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff