Welcome to Gaia! ::

I saw the first two episodes and it kinda confused me cause i always had this idea that ghouls are zombie type creatures. Their random powers threw me off and it usually bugs me when artists recreate monsters and throw them off even by a little. I mean ghouls are supposed to be spirits that feed off dead bodies.

Interesting Explorer

3,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Archangel Apocalypse Z
I saw the first two episodes and it kinda confused me cause i always had this idea that ghouls are zombie type creatures. Their random powers threw me off and it usually bugs me when artists recreate monsters and throw them off even by a little. I mean ghouls are supposed to be spirits that feed off dead bodies.

Ah, watch a few more episodes and you'll have a better grasp at the world the author is building for this series.
Technically these 'ghouls' are exactly ghouls, because in Japanese the author had created a brand new name for these creatures called "喰種".
However, when you try to translate this word without losing it's meaning, and still give people a rough idea of what it is, the best choice of word is 'ghoul', since these creatures do feed and survive on human flesh.
The powers aren't exactly random, it's called 'Kagune', the shapes and forms may differ for each ghoul, but the basic idea is that it extends out from the ghoul's back and can be used to attack in combat.

Shy Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
I feel bad for them.
I mean, The only thing they eat is human flesh and when they eat decent or lucios foods, It taste like garbage or something.
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.
I mean, The only thing they eat is human flesh and when they eat decent or lucios foods, It taste like garbage or something.

At least they got coffee

Shy Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Archangel Apocalypse Z
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.

At least they got coffee

Keep watching it and then you'll learn some other strategy on how they can eat human flesh :3 and got a point (thumbs up)
Ojo Orenji
Archangel Apocalypse Z
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.

At least they got coffee

Keep watching it and then you'll learn some other strategy on how they can eat human flesh :3 and got a point (thumbs up)

yay

Shy Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Archangel Apocalypse Z
Ojo Orenji
Archangel Apocalypse Z
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.

At least they got coffee

yay

I kinda stopped on the eighth episode but I still going to finish it and Good news! My friend, Angela, Told me they'll be a second season! How great is that!? blaugh
I thought the first season was decent.

To be honest, I wasn't too excited about the second season at first - until I heard that it would be an anime original and be written by the mangaka to follow his original draft. It was also leaked that it'll get 24 episodes, so I'm actually really looking forward to it now.
I keep forgetting that anime are made of all these good manga.

Just read the manga. Ghouls are a type of creature that need to consume Rc cells to survive. Humans and ghouls both have Rc cells, so you can subsist on eating either. Ghouls obviously have greater amounts of Rc cells and use these to create and use all of the powers that they exhibit.

A ghoul is usually an undead, flesh eating creature. Sometimes they are created of victims of vampire bites that don't turn into vampires or they are simply Romero classic zombies, magically or scientifically animated.

Tokyo Ghoul ghouls are alive, but are flesh eating creatures with a main predatory organ called a kagune for hunting. This kagune is made up of the Rc cells I had explained. They eat to feed themselves and keep this organ functioning well.

Ghoul = flesh eating monster. Lemme know if anybody has deviated from this concept.
MrTripStack

To be honest, I wasn't too excited about the second season at first - until I heard that it would be an anime original and be written by the mangaka to follow his original draft. It was also leaked that it'll get 24 episodes, so I'm actually really looking forward to it now.

Wait so the current anime doesn't follow the manga completely? This isn't going to turn into some Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is it?
MrTripStack

Anime original? Sounds good to me, don't feel like going through the same experience twice.

Count me excited.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.

So they can't enjoy chocolate anymore? That sucks eek

Shy Fatcat

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
Clover_IceQueen
Ojo Orenji
I feel bad for them.

So they can't enjoy chocolate anymore? That sucks eek

Pffft I know right!? It's like those chocolate taste sh*t
Yea... ghoul's can't eat anything other than human meat due to their anatomy or something like that. Though kinda makes me wonder why coffee tastes fine for them... maybe coffee isn't what we think coffee is burning_eyes

Pretty sure it's safe to post this up (it's revealed pretty early anyways)^-^

Kaneki-kun always makes the best descriptions heart
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out